Question on the AF Library Objects

Thread: Question on the AF Library Objects

Question on the AF Library Objects

I was looking through the AF Library Objects file, and I see that it does not contain the objects or vehicles from the following AF packs:

• AF_AA_Pak2
    • af_bb_pack
    • af_40mm_gm

Are these packs still applicable for CFS2 in 2024? Thanks for your help!

Browncoat....

....look in the library for Pen32. I believe he did those objects awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ....look in the library for Pen32. I believe he did those objects awhile ago.
    Hi Fibber. I appreciate the reply. I should have clarified that I have the three other packs I listed, but I'm just wondering if they still apply. I'm trying to clean up my personal backup library for CFS2. Thanks to all of the recent efforts to combine AF's, mask rider's, and Xavier's objects I have been able to eliminate 35 objects files from my library.

AF packs are still used in many campaigns.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you Capt! I'll hold on to them then.

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I was looking through the AF Library Objects file, and I see that it does not contain the objects or vehicles from the following AF packs:

• AF_AA_Pak2
    • af_bb_pack
    • af_40mm_gm

Are these packs still applicable for CFS2 in 2024? Thanks for your help!
    I only consolidated the buildings into one package. I was undecided whether to include the vehicles or put them into a separate package, so I left them out for the time being.

If the majority agrees, I can easily update the download by including the vehicles.

I just do not see the point in lumping together some packs into a consolidated package. If you are going to put effort into a consolidation, then you may as well put ALL of the packs into that new one.

My favourite bugbear at the moment is the situation with Maskrider sceneries – we have all these wonderful sceneries and somewhere there is a consolidated list of the prerequisites necessary for any of those scenery files. Surely it would actually make sense to put all of those prerequisite contents together into a single consolidated download. That really would help users in terms of making it so much easier to try new scenery files without having to do an enormous number of extra, smaller downloads.

And before anybody raises the inevitable question of permissions, the difficulty there is often the tree libraries of LWD and LDW. Yet, some of the recent installer based packages have included these files while others have not. So, why should these not be included into a Maskrider support consolidation package ? A one time download for any of the Maskrider scenery files – until someone discovers that something in one of these consolidated packs needs an update ? ? ? ? ?

By the way, do we have Pen32win’s permission to consolidate the AF packs, or Xavierb’s permission for that matter ?

Just playing devil’s advocate – I cannot see the point in tinkering with small file consolidations, and I think that we really need some rules and regulations about how to apply updates to existing uploads, especially the larger ones . . .

Members who have read this thread: 2