GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

ad also this one,from The Aviator movie, https://flightsim.to/file/67970/gas-...arney-airlines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg  

Nice work on these paints!!!!!

SOH-CM-2020
    I love the Stearman.

Although I don't have MSFS ( still with FSX:SE ) , I do get to fly Stearman 203 in real life ....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I love the Stearman.

Although I don't have MSFS ( still with FSX:SE ) , I do get to fly Stearman 203 in real life ....
    if no one do this,i will try!

wish i can fly in real,you must be lucky

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I love the Stearman.

you lucky man!

I can only hope you like my version...
    XAF (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    you lucky man!

I can only hope you like my version...
    XAF (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

look´s great,save me time

GAS Stearman F-AZM,can be found here https://flightsim.to/profile/easyraider1960
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

work in progress:
    Screenshot (2503) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (2504) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I've transferred the textures for LN-VAR to all 3 Stearman models. The original LN-VAR is a PT-17 with a R-670 Continantal engine and wooden propeller. The GAS PT-17 Stearman don't have option for the wooden propeller. So I choosed the PT-17 model (with pitch propeller), as that was the one most similar to the original. The red "Fire extinguisher" placard on port side is not present on the original aircraft. I've tried to remove that placard, but I am not able to do so.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    I've transferred the textures for LN-VAR to all 3 Stearman models. The original LN-VAR is a PT-17 with a R-670 Continantal engine and wooden propeller. The GAS PT-17 Stearman don't have option for the wooden propeller. So I choosed the PT-17 model (with pitch propeller), as that was the one most similar to the original. The red "Fire extinguisher" placard on port side is not present on the original aircraft. I've tried to remove that placard, but I am not able to do so.

you need texture
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_ALBD.PNG
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_ALBD.PNG.DDS
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_COMP.PNG
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_COMP.PNG.DDS
    for this,and then it is ok,you see only a little from the parts,but get the same colour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Autopilot = 1

I used to find in P3D that GAS aircraft were amenable to AP tweaking in the .cfg files so you could get a basic Autopilot working.

I have flown the Stearman a couple of times & tried the basic keyboard AP, (Z & ALT HLD & HDG HLD), but can't get it to take yet.

I've looked in systems.cfg and there is an AP section, with "autopilot_available =1", which, I think, means an AP will work.

So, is there another line somewhere in the .cfg's I need to tweak to get an AP going??

Thanks
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I used to find in P3D that GAS aircraft were amenable to AP tweaking in the .cfg files so you could get a basic Autopilot working.

I have flown the Stearman a couple of times & tried the basic keyboard AP, (Z & ALT HLD & HDG HLD), but can't get it to take yet.

I've looked in systems.cfg and there is an AP section, with "autopilot_available =1", which, I think, means an AP will work.

So, is there another line somewhere in the .cfg's I need to tweak to get an AP going??

Thanks
    T43
    systems cfg,

remove the ; before circuit.19 and circuit.20
    circuit.19 = Type:CIRCUIT_AUTOPILOT #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NamedISABLED Autopilot ; Autopilot 15W
    circuit.20 = Type:CIRCUIT_GPS #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NamedISABLED GPS ; AS530 45W

Thanks
    T43
    This paragraph [AUTOPILOT] is a basic and standard paragraph that has not been used or populated by us.
    These Boeing at the time of design had no electronic equipment. Nevertheless to make a slight compromise, we added a simple two-band radio and a transponder, that’s all.

If you still want to use a autopilot, the best would be to use a companion program, like ... that you can find freeware on github: https://github.com/Pomax/are-we-flying

Some ideas:
    => https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-own/458915/21

Thanks
    T43
    This paragraph [AUTOPILOT] is a basic and standard paragraph that has not been used or populated by us.
    These Boeing at the time of design had no electronic equipment. Nevertheless to make a slight compromise, we added a simple two-band radio and a transponder, that’s all.

If you still want to use a autopilot, the best would be to use a companion program, like ... that you can find freeware on github: https://github.com/Pomax/are-we-flying

Some ideas:
    => https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-own/458915/21

These lines found in the basic files of the SDK were commented by me in anticipation of future changes, without more. I have not worked on the subject and I cannot give more information.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    systems cfg,

;Leaving this in for content creators remove the ; before circuit.19 and circuit.20
    circuit.19 = Type:CIRCUIT_AUTOPILOT #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NamedISABLED Autopilot ; Autopilot 15W
    circuit.20 = Type:CIRCUIT_GPS #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NamedISABLED GPS ; AS530 45W
    Ok, thank you.
    Not sure which words to remove, or is it the whole line, [both of them]?
    T43

Ok, thank you.
    Not sure which words to remove, or is it the whole line, [both of them]?
    T43
    the lines are all in,so backup......
    and you need only remove the ; before......save and done,work great for me,i use a key for alt and heading hold,one for ap on/off.

you need all 3 cfg. so pt17 18 and the a75l300.

so it must be like this!

Code:
    [ELECTRICAL]
    bus.1 = Name:MAIN_BUS
    bus.2 = Connections:bus.1#Name:AVIONICS_BUS
    battery.1 = Connections:bus.1, bus.3#Capacity:13.6#Voltage:curve.1#Name:MAIN_BATTERY         ; Main Battery
    alternator.1 = Connections:bus.1#iEng:0#Load:curve.2#Voltage:curve.3#Name:Alternator
    curve.1 = 0:11, 0.1:11.5, 0.5:12, 0.9:12.3, 1:12.5                         ; Battery voltage for capacity %
    curve.2 = 500:5, 600:15, 1000:30, 1800:40                             ; Load from RPM table
    curve.3 = 100:10, 500:13.2, 600:13.5, 1000:13.9, 1800:14                     ; Voltage from RPM table

circuit.1 = Type:CIRCUIT_GENERAL_PANEL        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:0.5, 1, 10.0        #Name:General_Panel ; General panel
    circuit.2 = Type:CIRCUIT_STARTER        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:1000, 1500, 10.0        #Name:Starter_1 ; Starter 3500W
    circuit.3 = Type:CIRCUIT_DIRECTIONAL_GYRO    #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Directional_Gyro ; directional gyro 15W
    circuit.4 = Type:CIRCUIT_STANDBY_VACUUM        #Connections:bus.1    #Power: 5, 10, 10.0        #Name:STBY_Vacuum ; stby vacuum
    circuit.5 = Type:CIRCUIT_XPNDR            #Connections:bus.2    #Power:10, 18, 10.0        #Name:Transponder ; Transponder 18W
    circuit.6 = Type:CIRCUIT_TURN_COORDINATOR    #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Turn_Coordinator ; turn coordinator 15W
    circuit.7 = Type:CIRCUIT_AVIONICS        #Connections:bus.2    #Power:20, 25, 10.0        #Name:Avionics_1 ; avionics 1
    circuit.8 = Type:CIRCUIT_AUDIO            #Connections:bus.2    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Audio ; Audio 15W
    circuit.9 = Type:CIRCUIT_PITOT_HEAT        #Connections:bus.2    #Power:30, 40, 10.0        #Name:Pitot_Heat ; pitot_heat 40W
    circuit.10 = Type:CIRCUIT_NAV:1            #Connections:bus.2    #Power: 4,  5, 10.0        #Name:NAV1 ; NAV 1 5W
    circuit.11 = Type:CIRCUIT_COM:1            #Connections:bus.2    #Power: 4,  5, 10.0        #Name:COM1 ; COM 1 5W
    circuit.12 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_PANEL        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Instruments_Lights ; panel lights (11) 15W
    circuit.13 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_CABIN:1        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Cabin_Light_pilot ; Cabin light 15W
    circuit.14 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_CABIN:2        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Cabin_Light_copilot ; Cabin light 15W
    circuit.15 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_NAV        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Nav_Light_1 ; nav 1 light 15W
    circuit.16 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_WING        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Wing_Light ; wing light 15W
    circuit.17 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_LOGO        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Logo_Light ; logo light 15W
    circuit.18 = Type:CIRCUIT_XML            #Connections:bus.2    #Power:10, 15, 10.0        #Name:Aera_Tablet

;Leaving this in for content creators
    circuit.19 = Type:CIRCUIT_AUTOPILOT        #Connections:bus.2    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Autopilot ; Autopilot 15W
    circuit.20 = Type:CIRCUIT_GPS            #Connections:bus.2    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED GPS ; AS530 45W
    ;circuit.21 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_BEACON        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Beacon_Light ; Beacon light 28V @ 0.26A
    ;circuit.22 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_STROBE        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Strobe_Light_1 ; strobe light 25W
    ;circuit.23 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_RECOGNITION    #Connections:bus.1    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Recognition_Light ; recognition light 15W
    ;circuit.24 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_TAXI        #Connections:bus.1    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Taxi_Light ; taxi light 60W
    ;circuit.25 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_LANDING    #Connections:bus.2    #Power:0, 0, 10.0        #Name:DISABLED Landing_Light ; Landing light 95W
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 26th, 2024 at 09:03. Reason: Added Code tags to disable emojis

lagaffe
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Very much enjoying the Stearman.
    Only looking for an AP as have cataracts & can't stare at the screen for the duration of a long flight.

T43

the lines are all in,so backup......
    and you need only remove the ; before......save and done,work great for me,i use a key for alt and heading hold,one for ap on/off.

you need all 3 cfg. so pt17 18 and the a75l300.

;Leaving this in for content creators
    circuit.19 = Type:CIRCUIT_AUTOPILOT #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Autopilot ; Autopilot 15W
    circuit.20 = Type:CIRCUIT_GPS #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED GPS ; AS530 45W
    ;circuit.21 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_BEACON #Connections:bus.1 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Beacon_Light ; Beacon light 28V @ 0.26A
    ;circuit.22 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_STROBE #Connections:bus.1 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Strobe_Light_1 ; strobe light 25W
    ;circuit.23 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_RECOGNITION #Connections:bus.1 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Recognition_Light ; recognition light 15W
    ;circuit.24 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_TAXI #Connections:bus.1 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Taxi_Light ; taxi light 60W
    ;circuit.25 = Type:CIRCUIT_LIGHT_LANDING #Connections:bus.2 #Power:0, 0, 10.0 #NameISABLED Landing_Light ; Landing light 95W
    Thank you.
    Not sure if the face in lieu of the "D" is significant?
    Removing ; is all you have to do??
    T43

Update
    Thank you banjoman
    Finally got it to work after taking out the 2, ";", per your instructions.
    I found I needed to be patient for the ALT HLD to take effect as initially it started to drop, then slowly levelled out.
    Appreciate your assistance.
    Now, off to find some more liveries!
    T43

Update
    Thank you banjoman
    Finally got it to work after taking out the 2, ";", per your instructions.
    I found I needed to be patient for the ALT HLD to take effect as initially it started to drop, then slowly levelled out.
    Appreciate your assistance.
    Now, off to find some more liveries!
    T43

Great

Thank you.
    Not sure if the face in lieu of the "D" is significant?
    Removing ; is all you have to do??
    T43
    I edited the post with the code to disable the smilies. It was the : D (without the space) that was telling the forum to use the grinning emoji.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I edited the post with the code to disable the smilies. It was the : D (without the space) that was telling the forum to use the grinning emoji.

thank´s

you need texture
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_ALBD.PNG
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_ALBD.PNG.DDS
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_COMP.PNG
    B75_COCKPIT_PARTS_COMP.PNG.DDS
    for this,and then it is ok,you see only a little from the parts,but get the same colour.

Tanks a lot banjoman1960

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Looking forward to the updated 333 Gunnar! TY!!

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Looking forward to the updated 333 Gunnar! TY!!
    333/LN-VAR is soon to be uploaded. I am going to keep the Fire Extinguisher placard on port side of cockpit (best result, although it is not present on the original aircraft).
    Here's another local PT-17 Stearman (WIP)

Gunnar van der Meeren

Members who have read this thread: 119