Usn'42

Thread: Usn'42

Usn'42

This campaign my son is working on is 70 missions as of now with a few more to go.It starts with the early raids by USS Enterprise and USS Yorktown in Febuary 1942.It covers the operations of the US Carriers until
    January 1943.During the campaign you will flying from 6 different US Carriers.3 sets of scenery will be by UT and 1 set by MR.

Everything should be finished in about 2 weeks or so.

Hiede

That's quite an effort. Kudos to him. I look forward to seeing, and flying it.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I agree with Kurt - well done Micheal, & thanks for putting the long hours in.

A great history lesson too 👍

Hi All
    Thanks very much for this Big job!!!
    Good luck with it.
    Cheers
    Stuart

PS
    As always if you need a ship, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi All
    Thanks very much for this Big job!!!
    Good luck with it.
    Cheers
    Stuart

PS
    As always if you need a ship, just let me know.
    Could use a new USS Pensacola,the VN one is getting old and a little outdated.I think it's about 20 years old.Yes I was an SOH member all those years ago.

It looks like there will be about 75 missions for this campaign and it will be a dynamic campaign.Seems the first mission we be Marine Wildcats taking off from Enterprise to Wake Island.

Hiede

Sounds good... Thanks in advance for this. It should prove interesting comparing our different approaches to the same missions: ie; Gudalcanal, E. Solomons and Santa Cruz.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Sounds good... Thanks in advance for this. It should prove interesting comparing our different approaches to the same missions: ie; Gudalcanal, E. Solomons and Santa Cruz.
    Shadow Wolf

The missions will not be as detailed as the ones you did in the area.Remember they will be covering a wide range of the US Carriers in 1942,if every little detail was covered it would probably be way over 100 missions.

I was told the Big E part 2 will be much more detailed and cover some things not covered before.It will cover from attacks ob Tarawa to the Phillipines.

Hiede

Part 2 sounds interesting. It's great to have some new areas/timescales explored after all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Part 2 sounds interesting. It's great to have some new areas/timescales explored after all these years...
    UT

It seems most carrier missions are in early part of the war.I know Shadow Wolf went further into the war with his Saratoga campaign and another one but don't remember the name.CK also did the Hellcat one which I think he might redo with his newer Hellcats.Talon also did a couple of carrier campaigns in 1944.

The Big E was supposed to be done by Pen32Win and Talon,Talon did do a few missions from Enterprise at Truk before he passed.

Part 2 will start with the invasion of Tarawa and some other places not covered before.I think it will end at Leyte.

Hiede

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Could use a new USS Pensacola,the VN one is getting old and a little outdated.I think it's about 20 years old.Yes I was an SOH member all those years ago.

It looks like there will be about 75 missions for this campaign and it will be a dynamic campaign.Seems the first mission we be Marine Wildcats taking off from Enterprise to Wake Island.

Hiede
    Hello Hiede
    I have started on the Pensacola (and Salt Lake City).
    Give me a couple of weeks as I have a few other things on my plate at the moment.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hello Hiede
    I have started on the Pensacola (and Salt Lake City).
    Give me a couple of weeks as I have a few other things on my plate at the moment.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Thanks Stuart.

Take your time,no rush.Some missions might need to be tweeted a bit anyway and a Campaign file needs to be done.

Hiede

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    UT

It seems most carrier missions are in early part of the war.I know Shadow Wolf went further into the war with his Saratoga campaign and another one but don't remember the name. CK also did the Hellcat one which I think he might redo with his newer Hellcats.Talon also did a couple of carrier campaigns in 1944.

The Big E was supposed to be done by Pen32Win and Talon,Talon did do a few missions from Enterprise at Truk before he passed.

Part 2 will start with the invasion of Tarawa and some other places not covered before.I think it will end at Leyte.

Hiede
    It was USS Essex CV-9 campaign that covered much of the Philippines too (and Formosa). I might re-do it next or go back to the MED.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

One more missions to do,my son is going to give you a choice of either using a SBD Dauntless or the Devastator by Captain Kurt for it,it will using bombs.Both are used during the Campaign.This missions is the attack on Wake Island on Febuary 24,1942.The Wildcat part has already been done.The scenery is by UT.So speak up and let him know what you prefer.

The first mission as VMF-211 flying from Enterprise on December 4,1942.This will have the shore batteries of 3 inch and 5 inch guns done from actual maps during this time.

Hiede

Members who have read this thread: 10