KPLN Pellston MI - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: KPLN Pellston MI

Appreciated

Thank you for helping to wind this up for everyone to be able to enjoy it as intended, not problems though they so often happen. That is why it's nice to help each other to enjoy the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thank you for helping to wind this up for everyone to be able to enjoy it as intended, not problems though they so often happen. That is why it's nice to help each other to enjoy the hobby.
    Hi tgycgijoes,

I've sent Butch an archive of windsock files as "KPLN SODE.v1.2.3.zip" which I assume he can pass onto yourself (or if you PM me an upload location or email address I can send directly).

The archive includes the medium pole and I also added the night texture back on the short pole.

Note: I don't have FSX so the model changes were output as P3D v4.4+

Happy to follow up on any questions.

Cheers

Medium poles

Richard,

Was sent a file using various sock pole lengths.

This one is the Medium pole - What do you think Richard? Does it match the length of the real deal?

Many thanks to Quantum_Amiga for his help

Sure Does

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Richard,

Was sent a file using various sock pole lengths.

This one is the Medium pole - What do you think Richard? Does it match the length of the real deal?

Many thanks to Quantum_Amiga for his help

You have the photo of the real pole, but it sure looks good to me. FINALLY!!!!!! I extend my thanks too. I haven't heard from any of the FSX crew so they either do not HAVE an issue of whatever...

KPLN - some layout issues identified

Hi tgycgijoes,

Just wondering how far along your plan for KPLN is ?

I'm not really aware of the history or extent / intent for this redevelopment you've undertaken.

I ask because while reviewing windsocks and flags I noticed some layout issues.

e.g. I first noticed in Little Nav Map and then took to Google Earth for a better looksee.

1. Missing taxiway and roads to various buildings.
    2. Fencelines not following the actual fencelines.
    3. I noticed the three flags and flag triangle are placed on the driveway intersection, rl pics show them to be at the intersection between the car parks.
    4. I have those floating lights all over the place (no poles).

This pic shows the position of the three flags and part of the RHS fence line (2019 pic).

Sim pic showing three flags location and fenceline.

Little Nav Map taxiways and roads section.

Sim pic showing missing taxiway and road sections.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum_Amiga View Post
    Hi tgycgijoes,

I have those floating lights all over the place (no poles).

The poles do show in P3D V4.5 -

I Don't Know

The poles do show in P3D V4.5 -

Quantum Amiga and I DON"T have the poles in 4.5. I can't figure out any of these sims at all. One guy has this the other doesn't and something else others have and I don't. Phooey on it all IMO. All the poles are totally visible in Model Converter X when the bgl's are opened. So I just give up.

Giving up ???

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Quantum Amiga and I DON"T have the poles in 4.5. I can't figure out any of these sims at all. One guy has this the other doesn't and something else others have and I don't. Phooey on it all IMO. All the poles are totally visible in Model Converter X when the bgl's are opened. So I just give up.
    What BLG's contain the poles ?

Appologies if my question is of a noobie type, I very rarely jump into Model ConvertorX.

I had a look in RampLightLibrary.BGL, but however the lights in that are quite different and none are of the three lamp variety as those floaters.
    I did find a few missing and mispelt texture references though.

Cheers

Not sure if I am correct but my guess is that sketchup was used.

Appologies if my question is of a noobie type, I very rarely jump into Model ConvertorX.

I had a look in RampLightLibrary.BGL, but however the lights in that are quite different and none are of the three lamp variety as those floaters.

Cheers

My Ramp Light Library

That is what I am using; they have the red and white poles in MDCx and none in my P3D V4.5 there is no other ones except single or dual light mdl's which I may try and see what happens to them.

I am through with KPLN with everything I have done with it. Here is the ADEx for Prepar3D V4.4 if you want to tweak it any more you have my permission AND I have Matthias Rau's permission to use all the files in the scenery and texture folders of his that I converted to Prepar3D native in Model Converter X who has moved on to doing scenery for MSFS. I will look forward to seeing what you do with it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c0pvf...S_RRL.ad4/file

Ramp Light

This is the ramp light single from the ramp light library MDL replacing the bgl in my airport. Poles work. Go figure!

KPLN Lamps

I wonder if the failed to load marked in picture has anything to do with this not showing inP3d 5.4 but as is
    it will show. I tried to export it thinking that may help but no joy. RampLightLibrary.bgl

RampLightLibrary.bgl

Cheers

As You Can See Above

I wonder if the failed to load marked in picture has anything to do with this not showing inP3d 5.4 but as is
    it will show. I tried to export it thinking that may help but no joy. RampLightLibrary.bgl

I don't know if it does or not, but as you can see above, the MDL's from the RampLightLibrary DO work and there is one for this called the dual lamp MDL in that library but they have to be added to the Model List in ADEx and then saved and compiled for new bgl's which is what I did for the single lamp MDL. Let's see what Quantum_Amiga does with the AFCAD ADEx I posted. I have moved on from KPLN through KHYA which will be posting in the Library and onto flying my 737 from TDS for a while and giving scenery a rest for some fun not frustration.

Members who have read this thread: 67