Views:	84 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	92884

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1704826634077.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	92885

Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting one of these.

Blog Entries
    This would be cool, provided it matches the specs of the real airplane. Heck do we even have images of the cockpit and avionics layout?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I just bought me one. Already 50% Off doesn't bode well for its future... https://likewebov.life/product_details/117618405.html

Btw, what the heck are they selling here ???.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    This would be cool, provided it matches the specs of the real airplane. Heck do we even have images of the cockpit and avionics layout?
    I think there is enough online now to get a general start on basic pre-production layout, however some of the vids they purposely didn't show the main display like this cool 360:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiU8ufFaNhg

I doubt most of the in-depth virtual mission systems like the T-346 and T-45 have will be represented.

https://www.boeing.com/defense/t-7a/
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

That's from a real T-7A simulator.

Just a Windows 12 computer with wings, engine and integrated joystick. Nothing to see here. Move on.

What's wrong with the Hawk ?....

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I just bought me one. Already 50% Off doesn't bode well for its future... https://likewebov.life/product_details/117618405.html

Btw, what the heck are they selling here ???.....
    Well, those are development prototypes, so maybe that's why they're discounted?

Did a little digging...
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/likewebov-life/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom, that clears it up alright. What on earth have these scammers in mind putting up something like this. Complete madness. They don't even know what the're talking about. Boeing-Saab T-7 Red Hawk Wikipedia.... Pffffffff...

Btw, must say i think this brand new jet trainer has a certain 'cuteness' about it. I saw a photo with another aircraft next to it, i didn't expect it to be that relatively 'big' neither...It looks very small but it isn't. First time for me hearing about it and seeing it (is it a sign of the times that i hear about it first thru WIP shots of an MSFS model ??...(thank you, Noddy!)). Boeing and Saab, hmmmm.... something quite unexpected too... So yeah, quite the mystery plane to me ! Maybe that's why these scamidiots call it 'the Wikipedia'

The biggest thing I like about this new trainer is that production units will have red tails in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen.

https://www.boeing.com/features/2022/04/seeing-red.page
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Love the T-7, but thanks for the heads up Tom. One of the things I find really interesting about it is that much of it will be built at my Alma Mater. Which will be great for the engineering students there, to be able to go over and see how planes are built.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The biggest thing I like about this new trainer is that production units will have red tails in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen.

https://www.boeing.com/features/2022/04/seeing-red.page
    Yes, Fantastic ! ( and about time too ! ) Made me read up about Tuskegee finally (i knew about the Red Tail Tuskegee Airmen for ages)... Wow! Actually i wish now i hadn't....

Blog Entries
    Yes, Fantastic ! ( and about time too ! ) Made me read up about Tuskegee finally (i knew about the Red Tail Tuskegee Airmen for ages)... Wow! Actually i wish now i hadn't....
    Not a sterling moment in the history of the USA.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Red Tails is a great movie for aviation fans. CGI, but some really exciting P-40/P-51 footage and does a decent job telling the story given the limitations of a 2-hour movie.

Update on progress from the Discord Channel.

@everyone

We're pleased to announce the latest improvements for the T-7A Redhawk by Top Mach Studios. Our focus has been on continued enhancement of the cockpit details, refining landing gear assemblies, and perfecting the exterior model. Stay tuned for further updates as we continue to enhance the visual model!

Interested in some upcoming content? Give us a follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/topmachstudios/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T7_ForwardQuarter_021324.jpg.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	351.9 KB 
ID:	93259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T7_LandingGear_021324.jpg.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	654.6 KB 
ID:	93260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T7_Cockpit_021324.jpg.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	93261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T7_ForwardQuarter_021324.jpg.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	351.9 KB 
ID:	93259

Hopefully, they'll have a paint kit. So we, and by we I mean Jan and Zsolt, can paint them like aggressors. Since these are supposed to eventually replace many of the F-5s currently being used as aggressor aircraft.

Jan,

Here's bit of "VIP"/"Tuskegee Airmen" trivia for you.

The first Tuskegee Airmen movie that came out was the one for HBO. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tuskegee_Airmen ). It was released in 1995 and starred Laurence Fishburne. It was excellent. The music for that movie was composed by legendary Hollywood composer Lee Holdridge. Lee was also the musical genius behind much of John Denver's work at one time.

Now here's where it gets personal. When we were creating and marketing the original VIP CDs (before the publishers got involved), when your work was well and truly part of those collections, I received a customer email one day from a man called Lee Holdridge. I thought I knew that name so I asked if he was in any way related to the famous composed. His answer was, "Yes it's me Kenneth."

Lee and I stayed in touch on and off for a while. He was an aviation nut, and really did enjoy our early VIP work, and was very possibly doing so when he composed the music for that movie.

So, my friend..... When you think of the history, you may now also associate the movie, and some beautiful music. AND luxuriate in the possibility that your VIP work was being enjoyed by the composer at the time of that music being written.

- Kenneth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Jan,

The first Tuskegee Airmen movie that came out was the one for HBO. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tuskegee_Airmen ). It was released in 1995 and starred Laurence Fishburne. It was excellent. The music for that movie was composed by legendary Hollywood composer Lee Holdridge. Lee was also the musical genius behind much of John Denver's work at one time.

Now here's where it gets personal. When we were creating and marketing the original VIP CDs (before the publishers got involved), when your work was well and truly part of those collections, I received a customer email one day from a man called Lee Holdridge. I thought I knew that name so I asked if he was in any way related to the famous composed. His answer was, "Yes it's me Kenneth."

Lee and I stayed in touch on and off for a while. He was an aviation nut, and really did enjoy our early VIP work, and was very possibly doing so when he composed the music for that movie.

So, my friend..... When you think of the history, you may now also associate the movie, and some beautiful music. AND luxuriate in the possibility that your VIP work was being enjoyed by the composer at the time of that music being written.

- Kenneth
    What an interesting story. I grew up in the South during the Jim Crow era. I remember well the "Whites Only" water fountains and waiting rooms. I can only imagine the discrimination these men when through, just to fight for their own country. A country that, for the most part, didn't want them.

On a side note: I was interested in Chemistry as a kid. I read a book about George Washington Carver who among other things invented Peanut Butter. He lived and taught at Tuskegee Institute, now University. In part because of him, I later enrolled in Chem. Engineering and finished with a degree in Chemistry at college.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Jan,

- Kenneth
    Wow! Amazing story, Ken ! Thanks a lot for sharing !

Earlier i was looking for a DVD of the Tuskegee Airmen movie and noticed there are even several. It does look it has been released atleast on DVD under different names,"The Tuskegee Airmen" and "Red Tails" but i suppose it's the same film. The thing is though that i am watching it right now on my most favourite streaming service HBO (a.o. because of one of my fav comedy series Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ;-) but i will buy one of the DVD's anyway. I do like the movie so far and have prepared myself for some cringeworthy and over embarrassing moments, not to say downright disgraceful. Sofar it's only the PT-17 just yet and certainly great to see it's the real thing with believable sound so that's pretty promising for when they get to meet their red tailed wild horses. Looking forward to that !

I see quite a few books about the Tuskegee airmen turn up at my fav dvd/book shop too including e-books and spoken so i'm all set to finally get to the bottom of the famous Tuskegee Airmen story. I knew about them of course, even did a Red Tail P-51 model in my younger days but it's great to finally learn the whole story.

I will of course take special notice of the music now, Ken. I have always thought that music in a movie is sort of a 'easy way out' to get people in the mood. A truly fantastic movie doesn't need music and i have seen several. On the other hand, f.i. the music by Ennio Moriccone in Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns is of course something else, as is the music in Jaws and 2001 A Space Odyssey to name but a few. Anyway, haven't heard much music yet but i'll keep my eyes and ears open. ( i was maybe a little dissapointed with the opening shot of the movie. A moving camera thru a grain field and i wouldn't be the least surprised if it would end up at a young boy playing with a model aeroplane and then a real biplane would come zooming in.... and so it did ;-) (reminiscing the Great Waldo Pepper...;-) Ok, it's Hollywood, who cares.

So thanks very much again for enlightening me about the Tuskegee movie and its music composer Lee Holdridge, Ken. A truly wonderful story !

Btw, are you by any chance in contact with other members of the VIP Group ? I truly loved the work of Eric Mitchell and Pierre Ardichvilli to name but a few. I learned a lot from these gentlemen and wouldn't mind to know how the're doing in this rather tumultuous 21 century atm.

Cheers,
    Jan

Wow! Amazing story, Ken ! Thanks a lot for sharing !

Earlier i was looking for a DVD of the Tuskegee Airmen movie and noticed there are even several. It does look it has been released atleast on DVD under different names,"The Tuskegee Airmen" and "Red Tails" but i suppose it's the same film. The thing is though that i am watching it right now on my most favourite streaming service HBO (a.o. because of one of my fav comedy series Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ;-) but i will buy one of the DVD's anyway. I do like the movie so far and have prepared myself for some cringeworthy and over embarrassing moments, not to say downright disgraceful. Sofar it's only the PT-17 just yet and certainly great to see it's the real thing with believable sound so that's pretty promising for when they get to meet their red tailed wild horses. Looking forward to that !

I see quite a few books about the Tuskegee airmen turn up at my fav dvd/book shop too including e-books and spoken so i'm all set to finally get to the bottom of the famous Tuskegee Airmen story. I knew about them of course, even did a Red Tail P-51 model in my younger days but it's great to finally learn the whole story.

I will of course take special notice of the music now, Ken. I have always thought that music in a movie is sort of a 'easy way out' to get people in the mood. A truly fantastic movie doesn't need music and i have seen several. On the other hand, f.i. the music by Ennio Moriccone in Sergio Leone's spaghetti westerns is of course something else, as is the music in Jaws and 2001 A Space Odyssey to name but a few. Anyway, haven't heard much music yet but i'll keep my eyes and ears open. ( i was maybe a little dissapointed with the opening shot of the movie. A moving camera thru a grain field and i wouldn't be the least surprised if it would end up at a young boy playing with a model aeroplane and then a real biplane would come zooming in.... and so it did ;-) (reminiscing the Great Waldo Pepper...;-) Ok, it's Hollywood, who cares.

So thanks very much again for enlightening me about the Tuskegee movie and its music composer Lee Holdridge, Ken. A truly wonderful story !

Btw, are you by any chance in contact with other members of the VIP Group ? I truly loved the work of Eric Mitchell and Pierre Ardichvilli to name but a few. I learned a lot from these gentlemen and wouldn't mind to know how the're doing in this rather tumultuous 21 century atm.

Cheers,
    Jan

Hi Jan.

I should contact you privately so not to sabotage this thread any further ! - Kenneth

What an interesting story. I grew up in the South during the Jim Crow era. I remember well the "Whites Only" water fountains and waiting rooms. I can only imagine the discrimination these men when through, just to fight for their own country. A country that, for the most part, didn't want them.

On a side note: I was interested in Chemistry as a kid. I read a book about George Washington Carver who among other things invented Peanut Butter. He lived and taught at Tuskegee Institute, now University. In part because of him, I later enrolled in Chem. Engineering and finished with a degree in Chemistry at college.
    Actually Carver did not invent peanut butter, it was already invented as a food for diabetics and other medical conditions prior to his publications on peanuts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Actually Carver did not invent peanut butter, it was already invented as a food for diabetics and other medical conditions prior to his publications on peanuts.
    Oops! Thank you for the correction. I have been wrong all these years about the peanut butter. I thought I read that in a book about him.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

It is almost universal that people think that, which if you think about it is a shame since a remarkable man is know by most for something he had nothing to do with rather than his actual remarkable work.

Members who have read this thread: 172