Cold War airbases?

Thread: Cold War airbases?

Cold War airbases?

I'm sure I've seen a few German & Italian airbase scenery's available over the past couple of years but now that I've got a new rig set up I'm struggling to find them.
    Really just looking for somewhere, ideally in Italy, that my about to be acquired SSW F-104 can call home. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    I'm sure I've seen a few German & Italian airbase scenery's available over the past couple of years but now that I've got a new rig set up I'm struggling to find them.
    Really just looking for somewhere, ideally in Italy, that my about to be acquired SSW F-104 can call home. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Maybe Aviano?

Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thanks Guys, was thinking specifically in the F-104 era though, defiantly planning to grab Gioia Del Colle for the CJS Typhoon once I pick it up.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Here is the master list of Italian -104 bases, and periods they used the aircraft:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Italian 104 bases.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	92809

For more detail on -104 ops at each base, see this link:

https://www.i-f-s.nl/squadrons-italian-air-force-2/

Hope that helps,

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 0