Neither the P-3 OR the EP-3 package will show up in MSFS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neither the P-3 OR the EP-3 package will show up in MSFS

Neither the P-3 OR the EP-3 package will show up in MSFS

I had not flown the P-3 or the EP-3E in many months, so upon installing the KNUW scenery, I though it appropriate to fly them. But neither one shows in MSFS now. Anyone else try as well? NC

What you need is a good Whale, Pete! Yeah I know they're not there any more. I was with VAQ-129 Det 19, the last Whale Squadron from NAS Whidbey to go WestPac in '71.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    What you need is a good Whale, Pete! Yeah I know they're not there any more. I was with VAQ-129 Det 19, the last Whale Squadron from NAS Whidbey to go WestPac in '71.

So am wondering why they won't show up in the aircraft menu now??

Any new updates may have caused it?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Any new updates may have caused it?
    Only thing I can think of that would have, I agree. Wish I had FS KBT's email address.

kbt_kbt@nifty.com Hope this still works!

Strange, the whole set shows in my hanger. 11 variations / models.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Strange, the whole set shows in my hanger. 11 variations / models.
    Great, now I have to wonder why none of them appear in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Great, now I have to wonder why none of them appear in mine.

I seriously cannot figure this out. Undoubtedly the problem is something minor, but damned if I can find the solution.

my folder name in the community folder is: p-3_series_v1.347
    There is also the .CVT folder
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Am not seeing the .cvt folder....

The .cvt folders are created when you load the addons into the sim. It's a side effect from using portovers.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I'm not sure if when you remove the CVT folder it makes the addon invisible. I removed some before my last reload, but never checked to see if the aircraft changed. I need to go back and check my other port-overs.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

I'm not sure if when you remove the CVT folder it makes the addon invisible. I removed some before my last reload, but never checked to see if the aircraft changed. I need to go back and check my other port-overs.
    Nono, deleting those folders do not render the models invisible. Something else is amiss here.

I'll download those models, install them and will report back.

EDIT: Pete, the latest version of flightsim.to is this one: https://flightsim.to/file/19067/team...ries-ver-1-347

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Nono, deleting those folders do not render the models invisible. Something else is amiss here.

I'll download those models, install them and will report back.

EDIT: Pete, the latest version of flightsim.to is this one: https://flightsim.to/file/19067/team...ries-ver-1-347

Priller
    That's the one I have installed.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Downloaded and installed. The models do show, but for some reason, the throttle doesn't work. I see them move in the VC (of the 747, what an abomination!), but the engines don't rev and the plane doesn't budge at all.

That got me worried, so I loaded the 747 afterwards, and the plane took off nicely. It must be something with the port, more precisely the cfg files. They're no longer suitable for the current state of the sim.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

That's the one I have installed.
    Yep, I have the current version. Still nothing. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Downloaded and installed. The models do show, but for some reason, the throttle doesn't work. I see them move in the VC (of the 747, what an abomination!), but the engines don't rev and the plane doesn't budge at all.

That got me worried, so I loaded the 747 afterwards, and the plane took off nicely. It must be something with the port, more precisely the cfg files. They're no longer suitable for the current state of the sim.

Priller
    I have found that where a 3rd party aircraft borrows from an Asobo, [cockpit etc], eg, the 747, if the Asobo aircraft is not installed then the 3rd party will not function properly. Found this out after 'clearing out' aircraft [Asobo], I wasn't using.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I have found that where a 3rd party aircraft borrows from an Asobo, [cockpit etc], eg, the 747, if the Asobo aircraft is not installed then the 3rd party will not function properly. Found this out after 'clearing out' aircraft [Asobo], I wasn't using.
    T43
    But I do have the 747 installed, and it is working.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    T43

I read your post and thought maybe that was the problem, but nope. I have the Asobo 747 installed and the P-3 (which uses the 747 cockpit) is not listed in the menu.

I guess I am just not able to fly the P-3 anymore. CRAP. NC

Yeah, I gave up on portovers as they've always been problematic and it's reached the point where it's a miracle if they work at all. It's a shame, as the older planes look amazing in MSFS.

I tried keeping P3D around for my aircraft library there, but I just can't go back to those visuals or flight feel at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Yeah, I gave up on portovers as they've always been problematic and it's reached the point where it's a miracle if they work at all. It's a shame, as the older planes look amazing in MSFS.

I tried keeping P3D around for my aircraft library there, but I just can't go back to those visuals or flight feel at this point.
    Yeah, I agree. But this isn't just any portover, as it was done by FS KBT, and I really like their work! NC

Oh, I empathize completely! I loved FS_KBT's work on previous sims. The P-3, T-4, and I remember following the F-2A/B development right here on S-O and getting excited about its P3D release.

@KBT mentioned they'd look at a native MSFS P-3 down the road way back in 2020 if they could get the GMAX converted for MSFS, but the blog has been quiet for almost three years, so not overly optimistic.

NC, I don't mean to sound smart-alecky but, I just downloaded the P-3s (https://flightsim.to/file/19067/team...ries-ver-1-347).
    Installed them - they all showed up - spawned the Navy P-3 on the ramp at Pax River - flew a scudrunner flight (stayed below the overcast @ 1200 ft) down the Chesapeake Bay - landed at NAS Norva - taxied to the ramp - and spent 6 or 7 minutes trying to shut down using the VC and finally control-shift-F1. Most of the controls work keyboard-wise. The VC def needs to be worked on. All in all, it brought back memories of times sitting between the pilots in VX-1 down at Boca Chica in the '60s.
    I hope you get your install sorted out 'cause it's still a good plane - and the brakes work so you can plan a flight to Kaneohe.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    NC, I don't mean to sound smart-alecky but, I just downloaded the P-3s (https://flightsim.to/file/19067/team...ries-ver-1-347).
    Installed them - they all showed up - spawned the Navy P-3 on the ramp at Pax River - flew a scudrunner flight (stayed below the overcast @ 1200 ft) down the Chesapeake Bay - landed at NAS Norva - taxied to the ramp - and spent 6 or 7 minutes trying to shut down using the VC and finally control-shift-F1. Most of the controls work keyboard-wise. The VC def needs to be worked on. All in all, it brought back memories of times sitting between the pilots in VX-1 down at Boca Chica in the '60s.
    I hope you get your install sorted out 'cause it's still a good plane - and the brakes work so you can plan a flight to Kaneohe.
    Nah, I don't take your comment as being smart-alecky; I just keep hoping I will have a revelation as to why this won't work for me. I remain optimistic, but so far no joy. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0