Blackbird Twitch Update Tonight

Thread: Blackbird Twitch Update Tonight

Blackbird Twitch Update Tonight

SR-71, B-1B, F-86 (mark n/k), C-130J, UH-1H, T-38C, F-15C, F-15E, F-16 (mark n/k) & Otter all randomly mentioned as in the works but as usual with Colin no timelines

F-16s confirmed are the Blk 50 and 52, CFTs as well.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

So no Phantom? Pitty.

Then again, a decent F-15 and F-16 would be brilliant!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    SR-71, B-1B, F-86 (mark n/k), C-130J, UH-1H, T-38C, F-15C, F-15E, F-16 (mark n/k) & Otter all randomly mentioned as in the works but as usual with Colin no timelines
    They made a number of great models in the past but I haven't been holding my breath on anything of substance from them in some time. Too many projects that never came to fruition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Sounds like the broadcast was plagued with technical issues.

I want to be excited about Blackbird, but frankly, it's just too difficult to get excited at this point. They have been hyping KBAB nonstop ever since it's release-- which at this point was ~6 months ago. It is clear that their focus is on commercial sims for the military...so that is where their attention and resources go-- and I do understand that...it's a business.

As for the "announcements", I'm underwhelmed. The SR- has been in work for years, ditto the F-86, C-130 and UH-1H. They have mentioned over and over for the past few years that the only T-38 they are going to release will be the T-38A-- which is the one I wanted anyway...and poof, here we are suddenly talking about the C again. I guess I would like to see them quit announcing 5 or 6 new projects, of which one (or less) eventually sees the light of day (and usually several years after the announcement). I love the guys on the team and their work...but Colin pretty much dances to the ever-changing beat of his own drum, IMHO.

Keeping my fingers crossed for progress, and I'll watch the webcast when it is available on You Tube....but I'm being a realist at the same time.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Sounds like the broadcast was plagued with technical issues.

I want to be excited about Blackbird, but frankly, it's just too difficult to get excited at this point. They have been hyping KBAB nonstop ever since it's release-- which at this point was ~6 months ago. It is clear that their focus is on commercial sims for the military...so that is where their attention and resources go-- and I do understand that...it's a business.

As for the "announcements", I'm underwhelmed. The SR- has been in work for years, ditto the F-86, C-130 and UH-1H. They have mentioned over and over for the past few years that the only T-38 they are going to release will be the T-38A-- which is the one I wanted anyway...and poof, here we are suddenly talking about the C again. I guess I would like to see them quit announcing 5 or 6 new projects, of which one (or less) eventually sees the light of day (and usually several years after the announcement). I love the guys on the team and their work...but Colin pretty much dances to the ever-changing beat of his own drum, IMHO.

Keeping my fingers crossed for progress, and I'll watch the webcast when it is available on You Tube....but I'm being a realist at the same time.

Kent
    I don't think anyone would argue with your analysis frankly. I have been a customer of MILVIZ for years and accept that, love him or hate him, Colin has always been a bit of a wildcard in the industry and perhaps sometimes deliberately courts controversy. However, with the significant returns now available in this market there are some very good competitors out there so if Blackbird are going to continue in the retail flightsim/gaming segment they may need to sharpen up and adapt their approach to PR/Marketing. The Twitch live cast was chaotic from a technical standpoint which, whilst not the end of the world, doesn't reflect well on the company. Especially when you compare with the slick quality of social media output from the Flightsim U-tubers these days. The Utube version of the update will be a corrected and cleaned up recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    So no Phantom? Pitty.

Then again, a decent F-15 and F-16 would be brilliant!

Priller
    Read my mind. I would love to see the Heatblur type Phantom (if ever possible) for MSFS 2024. A really good Viper and Eagle also agree on. Need a great A-10 and if someone can get with building a Mirage 2000.

Here's the one hour thing on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w49gMQqFFQ

Haven't watched it yet, just hope that it's less chaotic than stated above.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0