I sure wish someone would do an Aeronca Champ!

Thread: I sure wish someone would do an Aeronca Champ!

SOH-CM-2024

I sure wish someone would do an Aeronca Champ!

Sorely missing from GA aircraft in MSFS. I have a friend who keeps one hangered at Currituck. Better than a Piper Cub IMHO, because one can solo from the front seat.

Cazzie

For sure, Caz. They are a lot of fun. We would watch cars and trucks pass us if it was a windy day when doing pattern work. The one I flew was a 7AC.

Don BP

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    For sure, Caz. They are a lot of fun. We would watch cars and trucks pass us if it was a windy day when doing pattern work. The one I flew was a 7AC.

Don BP
    Yep, Gil's is a 7AC also, named "Charley Brown".

The RealAir FsX one imports nicely if you don't use vr

Is there anywhere one can still download the Real Air Aeronca? When they folded their aircraft were up for free. Has any site still got it? (I don't use VR)

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    The RealAir FsX one imports nicely if you don't use vr
    Hey Caz, I quickly imported the CR1 Aeronca into my community folder. It still needs a bit of work. Textures, VC, etc. But it flies pretty darn well!
    I took off from Lake Country Regional in Clarksville and managed to fly to Bucks Hollar using external view. Gonna see what I can do tomorrow to at least
    fix it up texture-wise. Pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-12-19 19_21_11-Greenshot.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	92672 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-12-19 19_20_17-Greenshot.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	92673 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-12-19 19_23_45-Greenshot.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	499.2 KB 
ID:	92674 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-12-19 19_40_26-Greenshot.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	526.4 KB 
ID:	92675
    Last edited by jmbiii; December 19th, 2023 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Sorely missing from GA aircraft in MSFS. I have a friend who keeps one hangered at Currituck. Better than a Piper Cub IMHO, because one can solo from the front seat.

Cazzie
    Cazzie,
    If it is you who have post on FSDeveloper about a Aeronca Champ 7A, I send you a PM since 1 week, without answer.
    Ref: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...3/#post-920700

Still want such a native plane created from zero or not ?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Is there anywhere one can still download the Real Air Aeronca? When they folded their aircraft were up for free. Has any site still got it? (I don't use VR)

Hey Caz, I quickly imported the CR1 Aeronca into my community folder. It still needs a bit of work. Textures, VC, etc. But it flies pretty darn well!
    I took off from Lake Country Regional in Clarksville and managed to fly to Bucks Hollar using external view. Gonna see what I can do tomorrow to at least
    fix it up texture-wise. Pics.
    Yep, I have the CR1 Champ for FSX that Crash Woody did. . did a repaint for that of "Charley Brown". I did so many of Kevin Lemanski's LIC Champ for FS2004, I lost count.

And lagaffe, I would "PAY" dearly for native MSFS version of the 7AC Champ, especially one with a layered PS Paint Kit (I am not Blender knowledgeable). Here are some references of the actual "Charley Brown", including two screenshots, one of "Charley Brown" for Kevin's LIC Champ for FS 2004 and one for Crash Woody's CR1 Champ for FSX. Also, the script Font used for the name "Charley Brown" on the actual plane and the repaints is Cotillion. The paint scheme is factory. Charley was freshly redone, engine et al, in 2005, and skinned again in 2021.

Cazzie

Gil's father, Mr. Herbert "Herb" Cahill, right after he purchased "Charley Brown" in 1946, my birth year.

Attachment 92682

Gil towing "Charley Brown" back in his crib.

Attachment 92683

Charley Brown's panel

Attachment 92684

Gil landing "Charley Brown" at Currituck, NC.

Attachment 92686

LIC for FS2004

Attachment 92687

CR1 for FSX

Attachment 92685

Members who have read this thread: 3