I wish...

Thread: I wish...

There hasn't ever been a decent Gulfstream for flight sim that I can remember. There were some middling efforts for FS8/9, but that's it.

My own personal wishlist:

• CV240/340/440. Given the kinds of subjects we're seeing in Local Legends, I can imagine a piston Convairliner fitting in quite easily. And a CV580 then wouldn't be too far away...
    • DHC-7 Buffalo. IIRC Blackbird said they were doing an Otter for MSFS, so that just leaves the Buffalo to round out the De Havilland Canada family.
    • Vickers Viscount. Another natural for Local Legends.
    • DC-4. A no-brainer.

The Gulfstream company won't allow any Flightsim models...personally I don't miss them and boycott the real world Gulfstreams when renting my executive jet :}

If that is so, how is AKD-Studio getting away with this? Or will Gulfstream lawyer up on AKD as they did on others that tried for FSX, P3D, . . . ?

With the plane being branded as a "GLF-550," there's no mention of Gulfstream. It could be a situation similar to the "HJet" currently offered in the Marketplace that bears a striking resemblance to the HondaJet HA-420, but contains no reference to the actual maker.

As for wishes, I'll reiterate my desire for the NAMC YS-11, preferably in cargo trim, with its insanely shrill Dart engines.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Repaints

Not to labor the point but so far there are about 88 free repaints for this aircraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eiaer3.png.1fe1ca58f99c148573d6e287f3171be0.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	92624

Towed a Gulfstream a couple times, used the Lektro scoop type instead of a towbar and let me tell you, it was lovely.
    The pilot also had a habit of buying us doughnuts when they'd go out.
    Lots of positive memories around the aircraft, not sure it would ever spur me to buy one for msfs!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    With the plane being branded as a "GLF-550," there's no mention of Gulfstream. It could be a situation similar to the "HJet" currently offered in the Marketplace that bears a striking resemblance to the HondaJet HA-420, but contains no reference to the actual maker.

As for wishes, I'll reiterate my desire for the NAMC YS-11, preferably in cargo trim, with its insanely shrill Dart engines.
    yes that was, after the Connie Family my favorite aircraft in FS9/FSX and having experienced the real darts a couple of times, it can’t be shrill enough probably.

though a series of Convair twin radial transports would certainly find a spot in my hangar as well.
    As for the GS or any other business jets, I have never spent a dime on one IRL or SIM. That is unlikely to change.
    I did fly right seat with my former CFI on a few occasions, and while I still remember fondly picking up lobster in Maine for some big wig on the left coast, we did by a box for ourselves as well, it was overall a rather boring trip.
    The trips to Colorado and SinCity were more enjoyable but given the chance I’d rather be the corporate pilot flying a Howard 500😏

Members who have read this thread: 1