Commander Curtis Dose, USN, Ret.

Thread: Commander Curtis Dose, USN, Ret.

Commander Curtis Dose, USN, Ret.

This is the pilot who took me for my one ride in F-14A Tomcat BUNO 158616, Retired CDR Curtis "DoSo" Dose, in 1973. I didn't know at that time about his F-4 combat experience in Nam, having shot down a Mig-21.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7fX0...UJY3VydCBkb3Nl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49570716002_540f9ddaeb_b.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	92560

Very cool NC, great podcast as they are all to include the now re-released "Tomcast".
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

That's cool, Chief.
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away when with VX-1 at Boca Chica, I got a ride in the back seat of an F-4 from our next-door squadron, VF-101.
    Flew up to Naples (FL) and back in a whole lot less time than it took in VX-1's SH-3D. 101 was the RAG squadron then.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    That's cool, Chief.
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away when with VX-1 at Boca Chica, I got a ride in the back seat of an F-4 from our next-door squadron, VF-101.
    Flew up to Naples (FL) and back in a whole lot less time than it took in VX-1's SH-3D. 101 was the RAG squadron then.
    Yes, Phantoms are awesome rides. I was on one sortie from Pax to Jax, hot refuel, and rtn. Problem was I didn't have one of those piddle packs, and had to pee really bad. By the time we got back to Pax and in the chocks, I was in severe pain! Pretty sure I ran bowlegged to the head in the hangar at record pace.

Blog Entries
    Always good to hear those stories, it sounds like Navy Chief has a lot of good one I'd like to hear

Chief, my F-4 ride wasn't long enough for that to happen. Early sixties at HS-3 Norva we were the first squadron to get the HSS-2 (SH-3A). It had a pee tube that went through the deck and exited the bottom of the fuselage. To use it one had to get up, balance, and stand. One of the most sought-after entries in your logbook was "Remark: Flat Rock P". On cross-country round-robins, occasionally the flight path would include TACAN channel: 80, also known as FLAT ROCK VORTAC, 113.8. Need I elaborate? One flight even had to circle the NAVAID a few times for all the crew to participate.

Members who have read this thread: 1