IFE Tomcat is out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IFE Tomcat is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    For manual sweep, lift the cover, than click the yellow knob to lift it up. After that, you can move the wings with you flaps up/down commands.
    Thanks MM ! Thing is sofar *my* Tomcat always loads up with full swept wings no matter at a Parking spot or on the Runway. No way i can move the yellow knob to spread the wings.

Anyway, thing is too that your comment made me realize i should try other ways to load the Cat and Low and Behold, i just clicked an airport for Departure and nothing else, who cares, and there is my Cat taxiing to the runway with wings fully spread ! Never seen that before ! (maybe i'm just too damn serious... ) And finally the yellow knob works !!! Hurrah !!!

So my name is Saul Goodman when it comes to that friggin wing sweep hassle finally. Wanted to try in flight of course and it works perfectly. (not sure about how that Cat flies.... it felt like i was not alone flying this monster...made sure everything flying assistance was turned off (happend before that one of the multitude of updates inadvertedly put the flying assistance to ON... ). Also notice that, while parked, i set the wings to full spread the flaps come down. Now that i finally got this yellow knob to work and wings to move i need to learn more about it. (i didn't check it at the time but obviously that auto switch on the right throttle was ON...atleast i think so now...;-)

Just to be sure i saved this flight parked on the tarmac with engines running and yellow knob working. Pfffffff, very glad this yellow knob ordeal is finally solved and i can move forward myself too.

Thanks again MM !

You're very welcome. Still strange, that you're experiencing these struggles. Have you tried a reinstall of the aircraft maybe?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

With regard to swinging the wings, there's been a couple times that I went to manually control the wing sweep and the lever wouldn't move. At that point I will click on the "Master Reset" button in front of the wing sweep lever and that seems to always be the solution.

You're very welcome. Still strange, that you're experiencing these struggles. Have you tried a reinstall of the aircraft maybe?
    Well, yes, maybe as a last resort. Didn't have much confidence that it would be a faulty install. What surprised me most is that nobody else happend to be confronted with a stuck yellow knob. It was probabely just the way i loaded the plane. Every time exactly the same ( at Miramar of course.. ;-). It's still a bug of course. It shouldn't matter how and where you load up the plane, if you follow the start-up procedure you should not be stuck with a jammed yellow knob. Pretty frustrating, very glad that's solved now

Btw, i also noticed now that if the wings are in max sweep while parked, activating the flaps will also bring them to max forward position. Of course i tried that too during 'the yellow knob experience' without any result whatsoever.

All's well that ends well !

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    With regard to swinging the wings, there's been a couple times that I went to manually control the wing sweep and the lever wouldn't move. At that point I will click on the "Master Reset" button in front of the wing sweep lever and that seems to always be the solution.
    Sure, i've been hitting that Master Reset switch over and over again too but also without any result. Didn't do anything. I think that it must've been this particular load up situation i kept using. Or maybe that once i loaded it that way something 'broke' and would always load in this 'broken' situation during the same MSFS session.

I will investigate this now i know what's going on and report it (if i know where to go..)

Btw, very nice 'smattering' of Tomcats over at the screenies department.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    just uploaded it, hope you'll have fun with it

Screenshot (8203) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Thanks Jan Kees ! Well done ! Getting a slight 'Buccaneerish' sensation..

IFE is pretty open about the Cat not being perfect yet and another fix is coming in very soon (depending on the vendor):

Version 1.0.8
    15/12/2023
    GENERAL
    - Fixed multiple minor mistakes in spawn condition
    EXTERNAL 3D MODEL
    - Changed visibility conditions on pilots and loads (multiplayer Tomcats should mimic the player aircraft...not great but better than nothing)
    - Fixed minor bugs in visibility conditions of external tanks and other loads
    COCKPIT 3D MODEL
    - Fixed bug causing RIO instrument light wheel not to move
    - Fixed missing animation of CAP keyboard
    - Fixed RECORD SWITCH missing animation in RIO cockpit
    - Fixed MVR Switch missing animation in RIO cockpit
    - Fixed TCS Azimuth and Elevation Trim Knobs animations in RIO cockpit
    - Fixed flaps lever rubber cover animation
    INSTRUMENTS AND AVIONICS
    - Fixed bug causing HB coordinates not to show on TID, if it was not set as a MSFS Flight Plan destination first
    - Fixed bug preventing ownship LAT/LON coordinates to show on TID if alignment was below 30%
    - Fixed bug preventing correct Sparrow quantity to show on HUD
    - Adjusted text color on VDI
    - Fixed bug preventing MSFS avionic master switch from being automatically set to ON in some cases
    - Added functionality to the IR/TV switch
    - Fixed compass not working
    - Fixed RIO ADI roll not working, also improved shadowing/smoothing and repositioned reference geometry
    - Added realistic warmup time to the TCS system
    - Fixed contrast of TCS image overlay
    - Fixed bug preventing NWS ENGA advisory to appear after landing, although the NWS is not enagaged
    - Fixed bug causing two white lights to have emitting textures even if switch was off or electrical power was not available
    - Added a 35 seconds warmup time for WCS displays
    - Fixed bug preventing engine stall warning sound to be played when Master Test knob is in INST mode
    - Fixed bug causing COMP MODE knob to move in case of mouse wheel interaction with COMP HDG knob
    - Fixed bug preventing Master Arm switch to flip back to OFF, if master arm safety is lowered
    - Fixed bug causing OVERSWEEP wing position to be selectable during flight, if Wing Sweep is in EMERG mode
    - Rewritten autopilot configuration (it should now be possible to steer the aircraft with A/P engaged and with the HDG knob - although this is not realistic)
    SOUND
    - Replaced ECS sounds with high quality ones, also fixed spatialization in both front and rear cockpits
    - Replaced intenal engine combustion sounds and rebalanced volume
    - Replaced ground roll sounds with higher quality samples
    - Rebalanced Jester and Radio chatter volumes against engine sounds (when canopy is closed)
    - Fixed bug causing TCS Elevation trim sound not to play
    - Fixed bug causing CAP Keyboard sounds not to play
    - Fixed bug causing instrument lights wheels sound not to play
    - Changed landing gear audio samples and fixed bug preventing "gear down" sound from playing
    FLIGHT MODEL
    - Revised high-supersonic performance (but there is still work to be done)
    - Added provisions to inhibit stall compression when teleporting (for better compatibility with MilTech software)
    - Relaxed engine compressor stall conditions in case of rapid throttle movement at high altitudes on TF-30 engines
    - Redone flight control surfaces sounds
    - Solved multiple minor bugs in cockpit sounds for the flap/wing sweep/dlc system
    - Added multiple samples to cockpit flight controls
    JESTER
    - Added SAFE MODE (Jester-Maintenance-Options-SAFE MODE) to disable engine stalls, inverted flight restrictiona and flat spins
    - Added NEED FOR SPEED MODE (Jester-Maintenance-Options-NEED FOR SPEED) to set all the switches and systems in flight position
    - Jester UI resized and adjusted to be less intrusive
    - Jester UI location can now be adjusted using the mouse wheel
    - Removed TACAN channel information from TID page
    - REFUEL and REPAIR option now also reset canopy and ejection seat status
    - Revised logic for "Positive rate, gear up" message
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Got the mail from HB, downloaded twice now, only to get "corrupted archive"...

I'll wait a day or two and will try again.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Aha, atleast i'm not the only one this time around..

This is what i get :

It says CRC did not succeed for "C:\Users..." expected 38CBF8DE, factual 81669787

Something missing. I was asked if i wanted to further install the file. Said Yes but absolutely nothing was installed...

We'll wait.. Update listing does look promising !

IFE is pretty open about the Cat not being perfect yet and another fix is coming in very soon (depending on the vendor):

Version 1.0.8
    15/12/2023
    GENERAL
    - Fixed multiple minor mistakes in spawn condition
    Bingo! That's the one i was waiting for !

(didn't think it was that minor actually... cost me 3 days of hairpulling, glad i have some left.. )

Thanks MM !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Aha, atleast i'm not the only one this time around..

This is what i get :

It says CRC did not succeed for "C:\Users..." expected 38CBF8DE, factual 81669787

Something missing. I was asked if i wanted to further install the file. Said Yes but absolutely nothing was installed...

We'll wait.. Update listing does look promising !
    Got a mail from them with a link to the repacked product. All's well now! Stellar and fast service!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

And this morning, I got another mail with a link to the update with a hotfix.

It seems that the release of this version got a bit messed up.

Still, they quickly rectify the problems.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Charter Member 2011

Very Nice

Now that it appears to be sorted, who can really resist?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0