IFE Tomcat is out!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IFE Tomcat is out!

IFE Tomcat is out!

Going to grab it right now.

Available at least in the Heatblur store:
    https://store.heatblur.com/products/msfs-f-14-tomcat
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Well, she definitely purrs.

Went through the complete startup before taking her up from Miramar for a first checkout. I am deeply impressed so far. The visuals are next level, Jester implementation looks like a very appropriate replacement of an EFB and the systems feel great. Had a minor hiccup in the last 10% of the voice assisted preflight checklist, don't know if that was just me, though.

Now, off to the sea trials.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Finally, an F-14 this sim deserves. Great job IFE and HEATBLUR.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Finally, an F-14 this sim deserves. Great job IFE and HEATBLUR.
    Couldn´t agree more! Nice plane endeed
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

If you have it in DCS, you can get a $10 discount if you buy it from Heatblur's store.

(But since I have it in DCS, and I have Dean's F-14A/B/D, I'll likely pass unless y'all rave so much I can't hold back.)

Thanks for the heads-up. I just emailed their support with copy of my receipt for their DCS version. Looking forward to flying this in MSFS! NC

Bought it, but all downloads failed, and now can't download anymore, grrrr
    Ticket sent...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Bought it, but all downloads failed, and now can't download anymore, grrrr
    Ticket sent...
    My antivirus has been kicking out files lately. So, turned it off for this one. Both this and the sim update are extremey slow downloads.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    If you have it in DCS, you can get a $10 discount if you buy it from Heatblur's store.

(But since I have it in DCS, and I have Dean's F-14A/B/D, I'll likely pass unless y'all rave so much I can't hold back.)
    As DennyA mentioned, you can get a $10 discount if you purchased the DCS version. I applied for the discount and received it almost instantly. The download is 4GB and that went flawlessly. Ready to fly. The DCS version is so good, I have to fly it in MSFS. I also have Dean's version and it is also very nice. The price is so good, I couldn't turn it down. One can't have to many CATS.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    My antivirus has been kicking out files lately. So, turned it off for this one. Both this and the sim update are extremey slow downloads.
    Strange. I've had both at break neck speeds. And Jankees doesn't live that far from me (same country and region).

Well, proof once more that IT/internet isn't an exact science!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I'll get my copy through Orbx. I like to keep my installs simple.

Carrier..?

The carrier shown, CV61 "Ranger", in the Heatblur release video, looks great.
    I'm confused as I did not know this has been or will be released for MSFS. (I know she is in DCS)
    Does anyone have additional info..?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carrier.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	92549

Bought it of course, who could've even dreamed it would come to this state of the art eventually, but now i'm very much looking forward to GAS to release their Stearman.....

(ok, i've got Dean's Stearman as well, got Dean's Tomcat too so gotta go with the flow you know )

Check this out and particularly the openings scene (ITB NEVER said WOW!! in the title of his review. There's always a first time...) https://youtu.be/wCzfr1OcNTg?si=-mR-PuiJXDO0gPu5

For the time being i can't get the ground power et all to materialize (via Jester), just the wheelchocks and that's only for starters (pun intended). Not sure about the awful racket in the cockpit, almost can't hear a word Jester is saying. Lots of so called tutorial videos but can't make heads nore tails out of any of 'em, not even ITB's (but he's the most helpful). I hope a good simple written tutorial will appear eventually. (if you know about such a written tut (not re the DCS version) i'd be very interested and thankfull!)

LOVING IT NONTHELESS NO DOUBT YOU BET !!!!!!

@ Seahawk : dunno if it's the Ranger but a carrier does come with the IFT/HB Tomcat package. Haven't seen it myself yet, that'll probabely take a while, but check out the video above, at the end of it he will do a successful trap on the carrier that's included in the package. Looks as detailed as your screenie above but i guess it's not the Ranger (i believe 59 is the number on the island ? )
    Last edited by Javis; December 8th, 2023 at 13:07.

@ Javis
    "@ Seahawk : dunno if it's the Ranger but a carrier does come with the IFT/HB Tomcat package. Haven't seen it myself yet, that'll probabely take a while, but check out the video above, at the end of it he will do a successful trap on the carrier that's included in the package. Looks not as detailed as your screenie above so i guess it's not the Ranger."

ITB says in his introduction the he will recover on the USS Forrestal.

I purchased my copy from SimMarket. Fast download and installation via their installer. Have not checked it out, yet. Looking forward to it.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Finally managed to download it, via a very circuitious route. We'll see tomorrow...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Dangit. You guys are going to talk me into it.

Probably preorder the DCS F-4 while I'm at it. Only $5 more to get an awesome Phantom t-shirt.

would there be a paintkit available, does anyone know?

The DCS one will work. I know, because my paints are in this release. LOL. The only down side is that you won't have the new updates that were made as part of the release. I'm not sure when the updated paint kit will be available though, sorry.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    ITB says in his introduction the he will recover on the USS Forrestal.
    That's right, Don, thanks. Too much too interesting info to remember. ;-) The complete carrier including list : CV-59 USS Forrestal, CV-60 USS Saratoga, CV-61 USS Ranger, CV-62 USS Independence.

There's no carrier crew interaction but i seem to remember having seen that in another carrier add-on. Possibly payware. Does anybody know about that ? ( could be mistaking with DCS, some time ago, can't remember exactly..)

I purchased my copy from SimMarket. Fast download and installation via their installer.
    Didn't know about SimMarket offering it already. Would've prefered that to buy from. Now i have another one of those Download/Installer proggy's on my desktop. (Contrail) Grrrrrrrr

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Start-up

A start up walk thru, followed by a take off and finishing with a carrier landing.

Updated already ! :

VERSION 1.0.7 POST RELEASE HOTFIX
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fixed minor glitch in inner spoilers "down" flag behavior
    Fixed minor glitch in right inner spoiler flag
    Fixed minor glitch in VSL selector switch animation
    Vastly reduced HUD Camera visibility interaction area (to avoid interfering with joypad cursor)
    Vastly reduced Ejection CMD lever interaction area
    Fixed cold and dark start conditions for horizontal tails and engine nozzles
    Modified static F-14 models to reflect typical cold and dark conditions
    Added option to disable Jester self-ejection (JESTER->OPTIONS->EJECT!EJECT!)
    Modified Jester self-ejection conditions (more tolerant)
    Added options to force retraction of crew boarding ladder (JESTER->OPTIONS->STOW LADDER)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(i particularly like this last one, love to taxi with the canopy open )

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Updated already ! :

VERSION 1.0.7 POST RELEASE HOTFIX
    Fixed minor glitch in inner spoilers "down" flag behavior
    Fixed minor glitch in right inner spoiler flag
    Fixed minor glitch in VSL selector switch animation
    Vastly reduced HUD Camera visibility interaction area (to avoid interfering with joypad cursor)
    Vastly reduced Ejection CMD lever interaction area
    Fixed cold and dark start conditions for horizontal tails and engine nozzles
    Modified static F-14 models to reflect typical cold and dark conditions
    Added option to disable Jester self-ejection (JESTER->OPTIONS->EJECT!EJECT!)
    Modified Jester self-ejection conditions (more tolerant)
    Added options to force retraction of crew boarding ladder (JESTER->OPTIONS->STOW LADDER)

(i particularly like this last one, love to taxi with the canopy open )
    personally, I kinda like this one: Added option to disable Jester self-ejection (JESTER->OPTIONS->EJECT!EJECT!)

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    personally, I kinda like this one: Added option to disable Jester self-ejection (JESTER->OPTIONS->EJECT!EJECT!)

Priller
    Well, you had a good go at that just in time, didn't you

Members who have read this thread: 0