Pmdg

Thread: Pmdg

SOH-CM-2020

Pmdg

PMDG stopped selling FSX aircraft a year or so back.

I was too slow in getting the Boeing 737, mainly wanted the 600 & 700 series.

Does anyone know of another payware outlet still selling the PMDG 737 FSX version.

Many thanks for any help.

Pete.

I would choose iFly in this case. PMDG is possible perhaps only via CD-ROM, so it is Ebay or another second hand source.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for your reply William.

Does anyone have the iFly 737 and what are your thoughts on it please.

Pete.

I bought it a while ago before going to P3D 64 bit. One of the biggest and expensive payware mistakes I have made. Framerates made it almost unflyable and it was not a plane you can just auto start and fly so never really used it. Others may well have had better experiences!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks Expat.

The iFly 737 may not be an option as I'm not sure my system would handle the framerate issue either.

I may have to stick with the freeware Vistaliners/ Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations 737 versions, with the VC aliased to the Captain Sim 737-200.

Thanks for all your input.

Pete.
    Last edited by PeteHam; December 9th, 2023 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    mainly wanted the 600 & 700 series. I may have to stick with the freeware Vistaliners/ Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations 737 versions, with the VC aliased to the Captain Sim 737-200.
    Unless I am mistaken, I do not think Vistaliners made 737-700s and 737-600s.

Have you tried freeware TDS models for 737-700s and 737-600s?

Regards,

Aharon

My Experience

I bought the iFly737NG for FSX a number of years ago. I agree with the high fps but my objection to it was that on takeoff, the CMD does not respond like the real aircraft and on takeoff it is difficult to get it to level/stable flight to activate it for LNAV, that is MY experience. For FSX, I love flying the Feelthere B737 EVO. I have had the Wilco/Feelthere B737's since my FS9 days and am disappointed that they did not create a B737NG series in the same quality. The FMC programs as it should and the LNAV and VNAV as well. If you want a good B737 that is what I would buy. I got the PMDG from Aerosoft when I got disgusted with the iFly and wasn't that satisfied, maybe just me. I prefer the Feelthere. If you want to feel you are flying in the 2020's you will have to get small airline liveries but if you go retro, BMI, Continental and Delta are available for it online just to name a few. I believe I still have a couple of repaints that I created for myself and would be happy to share them with you for the B737-400's. I hope these thoughts help.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for the feedback regarding the iFly 737.

Way back I had the FS9 feelthere 737 and loved it. A couple of years back I purchased the FSX version but had problems with the gauges in the VC. It's been a while since I tried to fix the issue and I can't remember the initial problem, but I've copied other gauges into the panel to make it work.

Again, many thanks for all your help guys.

Pete.

Okay, I've revisited my feelThere 737, and the problem I had was that the gauges didn't work ( didn't show ).

The version I purchased was the .... 737 Pilot In Command FSX ONLY - $24.95

I've just checked and these 2 versions are also available ....

737 Pilot In Command EVOLUTION STANDARD EDITION FSX/P3D - $44.95

737 Pilot In Command EVOLUTION DELUXE EDITION FSX/P3D - $49.95

Which would be the better one to get?

Many thanks for your help.

Pete
    Last edited by PeteHam; December 11th, 2023 at 20:51.

Here It Is

This is the latest one. It DOES not work in P3D V4.5 but that is not an issue for you. I wrote to them and they affirmed that. Maybe in the future but not now. Anyway, this link is $21.59 USD equivalent of Euros today though that fluctuates by some cents daily. This is where I bought it. I don't know why it is more expensive elsewhere, but this is the best price I found. I like PC Aviator but that is $44.95. Don't pay twice as much. Wilco stands behind their sales. I have an account there and bought the regional CRJ and ERJ from them too.

https://www.wilcopub.com/product-con...ution-fsx.html

Happy Holidays!

Richard

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you for your help Richard

I'll look forward to getting that one.

Pete.

44 bucks is too much for very very very old software made in year 2012!!!! Before you buy it, make sure you can get tech support from the software company Wilco considering the fact many many software companies stop supporting any FSX products even though they are still selling FSX products while not offering tech support for all FSX products.

Regards,

Aharon

Feelthere and Wilco

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    44 bucks is too much for very very very old software made in year 2012!!!! Before you buy it, make sure you can get tech support from the software company Wilco considering the fact many many software companies stop supporting any FSX products even though they are still selling FSX products while not offering tech support for all FSX products.

Regards,

Aharon
    Feelthere and Wilco are still supporting their FSX products because I questioned them about P3D because I could not get V4.5 to work but they said only V3 and before (32 bit) was functional. Too bad. I got it installed into V4.5 but none of the gauges worked. Phooey! FSX is still great. BTW, Wilco themself are selling it for $22.00 USD approx the equivilent of the E20.62. That's a good deal I think. Feelthere and PC Aviator are the $44.00 price tag. The Super Guppy Evolution they sell I linked above is FSX state of the art IMO. It may have originally been designed then but heck so was FSX. You can check out all the specs in the link as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Feelthere and Wilco are still supporting their FSX products! FSX is still great.
    Thanks for interesting facts and it is good to hear that some software companies have NOT stopped supporting FSX.

Regards,

Aharon

Exchange Rate

Thank you for your help Richard

I'll look forward to getting that one.

Pete.
    If you have Windows 10 and the MSN news popup in the bottom right corner (my PC) you can see the currency fluctuation rates like the stock market. If you watch that if you are not in a hurry, you can get it even a little less if you wait for the USD/Euro exchange rate to drop. When it is green not red you have a favorable rate and maybe get it for less than $20.00USD on the right day. A nice holiday present to yourself. Otherwise, the $21.90 is still a good price for their most up to date B737 EVO package.

I came across and then purchased the PMDG 737NGX and 777 for FSX a few years ago on Aerosoft's website (no longer available now) and it happened in the absolute strangest of ways.

True Story:

I was just browsing the website checking out FSX planes and their prices. I looked at the PMDG 737 and 777 product description pages, went back to the main FSX aircraft page looked at a couple others, then I decided to take little break from my pc. So I closed my browser, went to go make some coffee and did a couple small things around the house.

I came back to my pc, decided to open my browser again and look at some more aircraft and as the site reloaded and the page refreshed, I suddenly noticed that Aerosoft was showing both the PMDG 737NGX and 777 on sale! The prices for both planes were slashed all the way down to $20 USD a piece!!! No joke! I couldn't believe my eyes! My adrenaline started pumping really hard, I immediately put them both in the cart, literally ran to go get my wallet in the other room, ran back and made the purchase right away.

Immediately after I made the purchases, I looked again at the planes on the site's FSX aircraft page and noticed both planes where once again listed at their normal $100+ price range. This whole thing, from beginning to end, happened in about a 20 to 30 minute span of time. I've come across flash sales before but dang, I almost had a heart attack.

To this day, it's still the best discount I ever got on any aircraft for flight simulation and I still fly them both today. It was my first introduction into study level airliners. I would have thought the whole thing was a dream but when I boot up FSX and click the aircraft selection button, they are there every time

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnon View Post
    I suddenly noticed that Aerosoft was showing both the PMDG 737NGX and 777 on sale! The prices for both planes were slashed all the way down to $20 USD a piece!!! No joke!
    Did you verify your credit card bill statement to be sure they actually charged you 20 bucks a piece instead of 100 bucks a piece?

When was the date that the two planes were on sale for 20 bucks each?

Regards,

Aharon

SOH-CM-2020
    I'm now the proud owner of the Wilco B737 Evo

About US$22.00 from the Wilco site.

Thanks Richard for your feedback on this version. I'm a happy chappy now.

I'm searching the various sites and there's not too many extra liveries, but I'll keep searching.

Meanwhile it's a delight to fly.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Pete.

Wilco 737 Liveries

I'm now the proud owner of the Wilco B737 Evo

About US$22.00 from the Wilco site.

Thanks Richard for your feedback on this version. I'm a happy chappy now.

I'm searching the various sites and there's not too many extra liveries, but I'll keep searching.

Meanwhile it's a delight to fly.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Pete.
    Glad to help and that you are enjoying it.

Members who have read this thread: 0