Avro Anson K6285 No 321 Dutch squadron RAF

Thread: Avro Anson K6285 No 321 Dutch squadron RAF

Avro Anson K6285 No 321 Dutch squadron RAF

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains alternative textures for Dave Garwood beautiful Avro Anson Mk.I. It shows his model in the colours from the K6285 of No 321 (Dutch) squadron RAF. Formed on 1 June 1940 at RAF Pembroke Dock, the squadron moved to RAF Carew Cheriton on 28 July 1940 and became operational. The squadron flew coastal and anti-submarine patrols with Avro Ansons until the squadron was disbanded, due to lack of personnel, and merged with No. 320 (Dutch) Squadron on 18 January 1941. The squadron was re-activated at RAF Trincomalee, Ceylon on 15 August 1942. It was equipped with Consolidated Catalinas, which were crewed by Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service personnel who escaped to Ceylon.

I want to thank Dave Garwood for this beautiful model. And Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    December 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Avro Anson K6285 No 321 Dutch squadron RAF
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Think I can do Carew Cheriton if that's a hint there Huub

Ttfn

Pete

That would be nice....

Both squadron formed from Dutch Navy personnel who managed escape from the Netherlands with their Fokker T.VIII used Carew Cheriton. When No.320 (Netherlands) squadron RAF still used their Fokker T.VIII float planes they were stationed at Pembroke dock. Due to losses and lack of spares their switched to the Anson as well, which were soon replaced by the Lockheed Hudson.

And according the pictures they often used Carew Cheriton, like their sister squadron.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    That would be nice....

Both squadron formed from Dutch Navy personnel who managed escape from the Netherlands with their Fokker T.VIII used Carew Cheriton. When No.320 (Netherlands) squadron RAF still used their Fokker T.VIII float planes they were stationed at Pembroke dock. Due to losses and lack of spares their switched to the Anson as well, which were soon replaced by the Lockheed Hudson.

And according the pictures they often used Carew Cheriton, like their sister squadron.

Cheers,
    Huub
    It's not far from my home here...give me an excuse to go visit on a day off.

From what I been reading the control tower and at least one runway are still there. So there is still something to see.

Cheers,
    Huub

From what I been reading the control tower and at least one runway are still there. So there is still something to see.

Cheers,
    Huub
    The unique tower (more of that in a while) and all 3 runways are present, but repurposed.

the tower is now a museum https://www.carewcheritoncontroltower.co.uk/ and is a unique design being a representation in brick of the first tower that was there; which was made from the salvaged wheelhouse (in wood) of the wrecked SS Montrose (of Dr Crippen infamy) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Montrose_(1897)
    and which was put in place when the airfield originally opened as a Royal Navy balloon station in ww1

Couldn't find an exact representation of the tower, so I've used one of Ted Andrews; still got a bit of fine tuning to do.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carew Cheriton.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	92568 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carew Cheriton_2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	92569

ttfn

Pete

I'm patient, and it will be the home base for this one as well......

Alphasim/Virtavia model, repaint by JanKees (for FSX, but it fits the FS9 model as well).

Cheers,
    Huub

I'm patient, and it will be the home base for this one as well......

Alphasim/Virtavia model, repaint by JanKees (for FSX, but it fits the FS9 model as well).

Cheers,
    Huub
    Check the library Huub

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 1