PC-12 Released 12/6

Thread: PC-12 Released 12/6

PC-12 Released 12/6

From the SWS Facebook account:
    We are delighted to announce that the SimWorks Studios PC-12/47 is going to release on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 12:00GMT. The plane will be listed at €24.99 and release on www.simworksstudios.com and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace as soon as approved by MS. Availability to other stores will be made known next week.
    Edit 12/6 - it's released!
    https://simworksstudios.com/pc12-legacy-msfs.html
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; December 6th, 2023 at 14:50.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Been waiting for this for a long time.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Blog Entries
    I got back into town an hour ago from a photo trip. Just purchased it. Now, after I unpack, clean the car, and process 5000 plus photos, I might get to try it out.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Be aware the installer played havoc with some of the files and the GTN add-on versions are currently glitchy.

SWS plans a hotfix by end of day today to fix the initial problems.

I'm going to buy it as I've gotten a TON of joy from their Kodiaks, RV-10, and RV-14, but I won't have time to fly it until this weekend so I'll just grab whatever update's available by Friday.

I'll be getting it, but not before I get the time to fire up the sim and let the updates install. That will probably be Saturday.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

This screenshot from the SWS purchase page has me intrigued! Is this the first time prop tip vortices have been done?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pc12ext_ohfuk_01.jpg  
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No, Azurpoly´s C-160 has this feature, too.

After flying a round I noticed some bugs belonging departure and landing behavior, permanent don´t sink warnings on approach in good conditions, trim behavior is very slow. Perhaps you wait for the hot fix. But the price is unbeatable. Great sound and great cockpit, nice systems.

Thomas

From watching a developer interview I gather failures are going to be an addon pack later IF there is a demand.
    So if you firewall the throttle and over torque the engine nothing happens?
    That stuff is important to me but I realize it is priced accordingly, I just wonder if and when the update is released and how much it will be.
    The base price plus failure add on will be the real comparison to the TBM for me.

Well, after my first few flights, I have to say I'm a tiny bit disappointed. I mean, the model is beautiful, the systems and start-up procedures are in-depth and fun, she flies really well (though I hope the RL aircraft doesn't require as much rudder/aileron trim as this one). I didn't get the "don't sink" warnings like TiAr. However, there are two VERY annoying things I hope SWS will fix soon. First, the GTN option has glass with reflections that don't match which actually makes the screen hard to see and read. Second, and worse, the elevator trim controls are reversed so my controller has to be wheeled forward for trim up and backward for trim down -- the opposite of every other airplane in my hangar (except the EMB 110 which has the same problem). When you're on approach, concentrating on multiple things, and trying to trim for glide slope, it's easy to forget and trim the wrong direction. Annoying.
    Still, though, I'm glad I bought it, and SWS has been good about updating their products in the past.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

The flight modeling of the aileron/rudder inter-connect is interesting. I found that I had to dial back the effectiveness of the rudder or it was difficult to nearly impossible to keep it straight on TO and landing rollout. Feels quite awkward honestly. I am guessing the beta testing was done with a number of different users & controller hardware which may have had different sensitivity settings?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They've released a update that fixes the installer glitches that messed up the GTN.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Just picked this up direct from SWS. Still need to read the manual, but wow, it's beautifully done. Great cockpit, amazing exterior, and definitely interesting to fly on my quick test flight.

Blog Entries
    I love this airplane. It is so realistic it reminds me of a DCS model. The only issue I am having is the throttle setup, is in beta/reverser. Luckily the system warns you that you are going into beta ad the prop animation changes. I found that it is not good to go into beta while on approach. I think the jet throttle levers that came with my Honeywell Bravo have finger lifts. I think I may have to go into the attic and retrieve them from the box.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0