Messerschmitt Bf 109G Trainer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Messerschmitt Bf 109G Trainer

WOWWOWWOW!!

Thanks Allen (x100)!!

hertzie.

Cheers Allen, this is much appreciated. I'll dust off AirWrench and have a look at that FDE*, I'm no expert but Jerry Beckwith has made it easier to get results.

* Unless somebody beats me to it.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Thunder100
    If someone wants the gMax source they can have it but I'm not doing a port to FSX. My FSX Gold CDs should have all of the gMax add-ons parts but 2 hours of video to see how to convert from FS04 to FSX is a big no thanks.
    Anyway still thanks for the plane.

So I portet myself ( for own use )to P3DV4
    All fine apart slats function

And still I admire the teaching pilots landing with that view

Roland
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2023-11-24_13-30-15-775.jpg   2023-11-24_13-30-28-516.jpg  

Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12 (biplace school version)

Hallo gentlemen,
    thanks to Allens fast work I have been a bit busy also that night.
    The flight dynamics has been done, also a new front panel, the rear panel
    and reworked a bit the gauges lay out in the vc
    But still needs some work to satisfy me
    On the front panel, where the cover of the engine gun was are a modern hsi, an altimeter in feet and a vsi
    That corresponds to the cockpit lay out as it was flown by the Hangar10 crew in germany before the plane was refitted with a RR engine and put to be sold.
    Shessi, what about some nice repaints? LOL
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    The flight dynamics has been done .....
    Fast work there Papi, saves me a job. That is one of the joys of this place, the way people pull together to bring things to fruition.
    Andy

Hallo friends,
    here my first approach of the topic
    far away from finish
    flight testing very difficult for known aand not solved problems.
    but start and landing from the rear seat is possible
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Re hallo again,

there will be still a lot of graphic work on the rear panel to do
    The pilot you see from the rear seat is fixed because in solo flight who will fly her from the rear, isn't it?
    for the front cockpit there is a big question: pure warbird with gunsight and no modern nav aids
    or as she was flown in our days with some modern equipment as needed today and with out gunsight?
    From my point of view I would prefer the "today" version.
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Thunder100:
    The slats are programed to the spoilers animations for FS04. I could remove the animations or change the animations to move the slats with the landing gear. Ex: Slats out when gear down and slats in with gear up.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Good evening,
    concerning the slats, in my panel is an invisible automatic slats gauge.
    I believe that it push out the slats at a certain speed limit. but how this programmed with
    the plane I do ignore.
    Why not programming the slats with the flaps operation?
    Other questions
    how to open the rear canopy?
    Will the cowl flaps be operational?
    And I ask again what panel is wished?
    pure war bird from wartime?
    Or warbird flying today?
    Good night
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Thunder100:
    The slats are programed to the spoilers animations for FS04. I could remove the animations or change the animations to move the slats with the landing gear. Ex: Slats out when gear down and slats in with gear up.
    No problem Allen

I just need to change animation control when I move with MDLX to P3DV4.4. As I was helper ( tester ) on classic Hangar Bf-108 , I am sure I find a way

BIG thanks to DO the plane!

Best regards

Roland

Michael Vader
    Slats are set to the spoiler yet nothing in the flight dynamics is set up to use a spoiler so wing slats don't work yet. DMed Capt Kurt about his flight dynamics but holidays so it could be some time before I get a DM back. There are a few auto slat gauges. (vw_me109_autoslat.gau and MAPE_multiple_autoslat.gau)

The 109s and 262 slats where not controllable by the pilot but moved on there own do to speed/wind force pushing the slats in. Rear rear canopy Shift+ E than quickly let go of Shift+ E and hit 2. Cowl flaps? Panels are set up for full war time but panel should have FS04 GPS using Shift+5
    Last edited by Allen; November 24th, 2023 at 18:04.

My own preference panel-wise would be for a wartime panel but, to be frank, I'll be more than happy whatever you decide.
    Andy

Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 Trainer

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This rebuild of the stock CFS3 Bf 109G-6 converted to a Two-Seat Trainer. The model is on the basic side as just has moving parts and working VC for front and rear. No LODs, breaking parts or mouse-able switches and levers. Flight Dynamics are originally by Captain Kurt done for the Team Daedalus Bf 109s. Includes gMax source.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 Trainer
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12

Hallo friends here some screenies about my approach of the 109 G-12
    there is a rework of the rear panel in work and the front will be pure warbirs with the possibility to swith modern flight displays in it
    As I had to rework also the cfg and air files I wonder if finished I should publish it as my own (with credits to those who did the work I based on) or keep it just on my pc
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

If you want to upload your version that is fine. I uploaded my final version (I hope, plz no bugs) and is now in the Library for download.

Allen, I was wondering how to fly from the rear seat? Is it possible?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

To fly from rear seat edit the open the aircraft.cfg and change the eyepoints. Use tailook to put pilot model in the front seat when flying from rear seat. The rear seat eyepoints are in the aircraft.cfg but //-ed out.

Bf 109 G12 flying from the backseat

hallo friends,
    havent'you never wondering when you see warbards taxying by making serpentines?
    on a a real warbir when txying and before on the take off run the tail comes up, the pilot sees nothing in front of him.
    So of course the sight from the backseat of the Bf 109 G12 is worse.
    But it is possible indeed.
    1.at first you need to know how to change your view point (seat height) via your key board or via a switch on the panel
    (on my release there will be one on the front and on the rear seats). then when taxying you look to see the left border line of the taxyway, when you see this line aplly gently right rudder till you will see apear the right border line of the taxyway and so on til you are on the run way, beeing well alined you will just see a bit from the runways border lines.
    Now it is important to lock the tailwhell in centerposition!
    set one notch of flaps and gently push the power of your engine to 1.0 ATA (not more!) be prepared to correct with the rudder
    the direction of your run. As a lot of warbirds the plane wants to drift to the left. On the 109 it is very sensitive.
    As soon you are airborne lift the landing gear and lift the flaps, than you can increase your power to 1.2 Ata
    For landing it is a bit tricky in cause you need to make a steep approach.
    reduce your speed to 280-300 km/h and lower the landing gear than step by step lower your flaps.
    With the engine keep your spedd not to fall under 240km/h, over the fence reduce your engine power slowly and pull gently on the stick to make a three point landing.
    Believe me it is faisable (and that with eratic controls).
    As says the germans : exercises makes the master
    Would be interesting to compare how to fly from the rear seat a Mustang or a spitfire (I do not know ones with that possibility for FS2004).
    To train flying from the rear seat, try out a Buecker Jungmann or an Arado Ar 96
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

BF109 G12 training airfields

Hallo Ian,
    Dont' you have not somewhere some nice airfieds where Bf109 G12 has been employed?
    For the moment I use Werneuchen but I' m quiet sure that 109 G12's has not been employed there.
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Airfield which were probably visited by the Bf109 G12, could include are Achmer, Blankensee-Lubeck and Munich-Riem, which are all in the library. Ian also did WWII German airfields Rechlin, Rechlin Larz, Rheine-Bentlage and Westerland-Sylt, but I don't expect training flights were flown from these airfields.

Cheers,
    Huub

Looking forward to trying this.

There is a Spitfire T.9 in the big Just Flight Spitfire package for FS2004, and it works in FSX also. It can be flown from the back and is quite fun, I do it occasionally.

I'm not aware of a TF-51 or any other dual WWII fighter conversion that can be flown from the back in the sim.

The great Eric Brown included his impressions of flying a G-12 from the rear in one of his books. Based on that, it would have been quite a bit hairier than either the TF-51 or Spit T.9. There is now one Buchon flying with a G-12 style second seat, I don't know if anyone attempts to fly it from there or just stuffs passengers in it, but it would provide some indication of the experience. Unlike the Spit, the rear seat in the 109 is not elevated over the front cockpit, so you are much more blind. Brown recommended using a large airfield and not attempting to use a runway or stick to any exact heading on takeoff or landing. Just aim for a generally unobstructed area, feel your way down by looking out the side, and expect everyone to get out of your way.

August

Bf 109 G-12

Oh the great Eric Brown, wasn't he not allowed to be Sir Eric Brown.
    On my opinian the best allied pilot who did fly and understand german aircraft.
    And his opinions did be far away from the reality of things.
    He had also a nice taste of humor. Did he not say "kick the tires, fire the engine and the last in the air is a sissy?
    I had his book about german aircrafts in german but sadly lost it.
    I' ve found a nice and tricky airfield to land the G12 - Munich Oberschleissheim
    This airfield was also used as training airfield but only for night fighters I believe.
    Must have a look on it
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

I see it now Allen, thanks.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Just updated the download to add a 2D rear seat panel as its own folder than can be swap in if you want to config the aircraft for rear flying.

Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-12

Good morning friends,
    my version of the 109 G-12 comes to be finish in the war bird version.
    Now I will attack the cockpit in a "today" version. I also have yet repainted my bird to the
    today paint.
    Now a nice repaint for the warbird - Shessi, Huub, not interested?
    Because hmmmm to be true, you make them quiet better than I do
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Members who have read this thread: 0