City Textures rework - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: City Textures rework

This is still a wip. There are large areas surrounding the mos texture that are devoid of autogen trees. I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this without having to manually add them to the facility file.

Blog Entries
    Looking brilliant there Glen!
    Re. the trees, the plane size is flattening the autogen. However, if you decrease the plane size now, you'll lose the object placing. The only other way around it is to add trees via the facility as you mentioned.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Thanks Clive, just some roads and gardens to be added and then this should be done.

Bob2 has some nice shop models and terraced buildings that I would like to add for variation when I'm finished with my Cantebury Cathedral model. These are already low poly and just need to be reskinned, and of course credit given where it's due.

Edit: I'll add a village mos model on either side to puff it out a bit and to counter the blocky look of the city.

Looks great R, nice mix of grey slate and red terracotta roof tiles, realistic.

Yes, more trees would be good, as it would also help break up the block/linear look of the housing.

Cheers

Shessi

It took me 15 minutes this morning to fix the missing autogen tree problem. I will make the same adjustments to my other mos/facility models. I thought that I was permanently stuck with this issue, and now the possibilities are endless.

As an aside, if you notice the changes in the quality of my screenshots from one pic to the other, maybe some are darker than others, it's because I have either video or gimp running in the background, which degrades the graphics.

THE CITY HEIGHT WILL BE RAISED WHEN I ADD THE NEW HARBOUR MODEL

Looks great!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely fantastic work. Exciting ! Regards, Scott

I decided to create a low poly house model to test my gmax damage modeling knowledge, though I will now keep it as a new house model to add variety.

My Ramsgate harbour model with stand-alone raised buildings which have full damage modeling. These can be used in other harbour projects.
    I will probably create waterfront buildings. Some tweaking to still be done on the harbour model.

Brilliant!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Excellent stuff Glen! Mind you, where's the RAF when you need them!

Great work! Can your buildings be used to replace stock ones ion other areas?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Excellent stuff Glen! Mind you, where's the RAF when you need them!
    My first attempts at flying the Stuka in CFS3. It somehow didn't seem right to strafe them with a hurricane, even just to test my damage modeling.

Great work! Can your buildings be used to replace stock ones ion other areas?
    The buildings are not part of the harbour model, so they can be used for other harbour projects as they are raised, though it would be an easy thing to create zero altitude versions as well for general use.

New look Dover. This is a combination of three different mos/facility files.I recently created another large village/town mos/facility file. Buildings can always be replaced with others in the facility file. I do intend to add other buildings like shops and waterfront buildings to this project.

Blog Entries
    I think that you've got the CFS3 towns looking better than anything that's been done previously. Well done and thank you Glen!
    One thing to ask you though, can you write up the procedure for modding the scenery please!
    Cheers,
    Clive

This is something that I will definitely get around to doing, on mod release if not before....I promise.
    Last edited by rince33; February 1st, 2024 at 06:06.

It's very hot here at the moment which causes my graphics card to overheat a bit, time to haul out my fan I think.
    On looking at the Dover screenies I think that the town mos probably needs more roads and buildings for a more dense town look.

New look Chichester.

Quote Originally Posted by rince33 View Post
    It's very hot here at the moment which causes my graphics card to overheat a bit, time to haul out my fan I think.
    On looking at the Dover screenies I think that the town mos probably needs more roads and buildings for a more dense town look.

New look Chichester.
    I assume you're in the Antipodes somewhere if you're hot! I definitely agree that towns would be nice if much denser.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Your work is simply amazing ! Thanks for all the work and time ! Regards, Scott

Thank you Scott, current wip, low poly building models. Photo real textures lifted from a Bob2wov city scenery sheet. I downloaded some shopfronts off Google so there will be a few more shop variations.

New buildings in position and an editing of the Ramsgate mos texture to a add more grey industrial look near the harbour. I can now start work on the other towns and cities.

Thank you for these, new maps and images are always welcome. I want to extend Dover further northwards though it will require another mos file to get the shape that I need. I will add roads and buildings to the existing mos/facility file to beef it up a bit. At the moment I don't want to get too caught up in accurate street maps or this project will take forever, though these maps are handy to get an idea of the shape and size of towns. I want to create generic towns and villages in France as well. I have the building textures, just have to create the models.

This is a continuation of the above post.

I realized a few posts back that there needs to be more terraced housing at Dover after looking at my screenshots. My original intention was to use my city model at Dover, but it was too large to fit between the two hills on either side, so I used my two village models as a compromise, but they contain more single house units than terraced. My intention now is to convert the larger village model into a town, featuring more streets and terraced style buildings which can be used at Dover.

Well your work is already a great improvement on what was.

Members who have read this thread: 70