City Textures rework - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: City Textures rework

I'm still running Win7 64bit which may have something to do with it. This is the only issue that I can think of. I can install win 10 but there will be some programs that I still use that aren't compatible.

Quite a few people have already downloaded the original so it would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this problem.

All that I can say is that it's better to err on the side of caution.

FWIW , I am able to download without warning

Thanks sdsbolt, It's probably a false positive in the Major's case.

I used winrar, try this one.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7bcpn...charm.rar/file

Third time was a charm. RAR must be more acceptable to MS Windows Security.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The hurricane cockpit sharpening was a bit overdone. Here is a more subtle sharpening with contrast added.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/wt8pt...1a_c1.dds/file

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3-2024-04-14-16-03-20.jpg  

Did some work on this today and I think this section is done.

IIRC I changed the shoreline dds to make it either green or more matching as that's a -ve aspect of CFS3 which some new mapers are thinking about for rivers and lakes.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I imported part of my Portsmouth il2 model into the game. Here it sits in my creation pit where I'm using a battleship model to adjust the scale. It may still be a bit too big. Next step will be to place it in it's final position and hopefully it fits. I wont get too exited about this until I complete this step. Pain in the arse texture mapping will then proceed.

Very cool! What Battleship model is that? I don't recognize it.

Hi gecko, it's the 'b_battleship' model. I was looking for the Rodney or one of the other battleships of the period, but I have the eto downloaded but not installed, so I don't know whether these are available in that package.

The model in position. The second part, still to be imported will fit alongside. I will have to add fake water to cover the land bits, not ideal, no reflections, but it's the only alternative for now.

On the subject of fake water for a model, it can have reflections and even bump mapping of waves if you make it a reflective material or use a specular map. It will not have animation, and bombs and bullets hitting it will not leave water splashes. On second thought, animations could be possible if different LODs are created each with a different texture, mimicking the different water animation textures found in the effects/fxtextures folder. As the player's distance to the model changes, the different textures would be displayed in order, creating the animation.

b_battleship is apparently HMS Norfolk.

Thanks for the info. I'll mess around with specular values in gmax for the water material.

I flew a fun Bob mission recently involving some HE111H2's and the colours bothered me. I did some research and did a bit of editing using Warnecke & Böhm RLM colours and this is about as close as I got.

According to a RLM article:
    The paint chips commissioned from Warnecke & Böhm GmbH are of interest in that they were provided by one of the Luftwaffe's principal suppliers. The reference in L.Dv. 521/1 (1941) to the formulations "of an original manufacturer" is, in fact, to Warnecke & Böhm, whose Ikarol lacquers could be applied in one coat and were in such demand that they were produced under license by ten different subcontractors, many their former competitors. The chips are certified to be authentic, having been matched to the manufacturer's own archived material and by spectrophotometric analysis to original paint specimens. Indeed, they are "the most accurate and authentic source for actual color standards" as specified by the RLM. The publisher is more cautious, however, and feels compelled to comment that paint often was thinly applied and varied from company to company. Merrick and Hitchcock prudently limit their remarks to the subtle variations even in official color cards and say only that their listing of color chips is comprehensive. But their publisher is not as circumspect and guarantees them to be "perfect matches to the originals in both color and finish" and the work itself "the most authoritative and complete record of paint samples and related material yet published."

I flew a fun Bob mission recently involving some HE111H2's and the colours bothered me. I did some research and did a bit of editing using Warnecke & Böhm RLM colours and this is about as close as I got.

According to a RLM article:
    The paint chips commissioned from Warnecke & Böhm GmbH are of interest in that they were provided by one of the Luftwaffe's principal suppliers. The reference in L.Dv. 521/1 (1941) to the formulations "of an original manufacturer" is, in fact, to Warnecke & Böhm, whose Ikarol lacquers could be applied in one coat and were in such demand that they were produced under license by ten different subcontractors, many their former competitors. The chips are certified to be authentic, having been matched to the manufacturer's own archived material and by spectrophotometric analysis to original paint specimens. Indeed, they are "the most accurate and authentic source for actual color standards" as specified by the RLM.

Members who have read this thread: 70