Stumbled across an early access combat flight simulator while checking up on my Steam sims.

The title is Nuclear Option and yes there are nukes apparently going by the screenshots. The price was very low at $15, and it looked like fun, so I went ahead and installed it last night. It took a bit to get used to the controls and get my X52 setup the way I liked. Even figuring out how to pause so I could get these screens shots took a bit.

The combat/flight reminds me of the TFX, A-10 Cuba, & Jane's Series, especially the Jane's US Navy Fighters era. All fictional aircraft, but believable. The closest graphics I can compare it to with our current big combat sim titles is the IL2 series. Aircraft detail and battle damage are pretty close to IL2. IMO the terrain is actually better than IL2. This isn't a knock on IL2, which I fly and have most all the current campaign add-ons for. Only a few combat missions and 3 training missions in the menu so far. It does have a mission editor. The training missions are quick ones. The first combat mission (in the pics below) has kicked my butt a dozen or more times so far. I haven't made it back home safely once. If they follow their roadmap this could be a winner as a fun not so arcade like combat flight sim. This is the type of flight sim that got me hooked on flight simulations to begin with back in the early 90's.

A couple of videos on the Nuclear Option Wiki:
https://nuclearoption.wiki/

Forest