Milviz Radial Otter - no oil pressure

Thread: Milviz Radial Otter - no oil pressure

Milviz Radial Otter - no oil pressure

Have now uninstalled/re-installed three times. No matter what I try it starts fine but the oil light doesn't go out and there is no oil pressure on the gauge and the engine soon dies. Nothing in the Milviz support forum on this particular anomaly.

Any suggestions?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Not sure but i think this one has the light on at low throttle settings. Will try it in a few minutes and get back to you. Its not that plus didnt see anything in manual sorry for lack of help.
    Last edited by RKinkor; November 20th, 2023 at 07:51.

The only thing I saw in the manual had to do with oil dilution with fuel to lower the oil viscosity for cold weather starts. If left on it will dilute the oil to go below 10% and cause engine failure.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Is XLMTools64 installed and working ?
    Milviz DHC-2 and DHC-3 (may be other) needs XMLTools

Take care that there is a bug in V5.4 identified as simvar indexing bug by LM.
    Which is very frequently used by Milviz

Code:
     (>C:SIMVARS:GENERAL ENG OIL PRESSURE:1,psi)
    Fixed in V6 patchs. But don't expect to get a fix in 5.4.
    You may have to go back to 5.3.

Gérard

Thanks guys

Don't think it's oil dilution but could be the xml tool thing

Gaab - thanks - you mention 5.4 - I am running P3D v4.5. Is that what you are referencing or is that the XML version?

Thanks

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Thanks guys
    you mention 5.4 - I am running P3D v4.5.

expat
    Sorry with the version number confusion.
    P3d v4.5 is ok for XMLTools64. P3d v5.4 is the only version which have issues.
    For all p3d version 4 and above, you need the same XMLTools64 (64 because 64k sim version)...

Enjoy the OTTER.

Gérard

Thanks - did think it might be an XML thing.

Have run as admin the XMLTools64 which says it finds P3D and is installed and seems OK.

Funny, been away and have only the Beaver and Otter in my Airplanes folder and now getting CTDs - which I never get in P3D - loading either of these. Had not changed anything since using last time. ???

Ran XMLTools64 exe for both and now no more CTDs. Phew.

BUT, same problem with no oil pressure and engine dying with the Otter. (b/t/w don't have this same issue with the Beaver). Then tried changing the MVAMS to the ready to start state. Now turning over AND it does for the first time indicate some fuel pressure on the gage. Except the engine doesn't fire. Grrrr. Reloading aircraft (F10) doesn't solve it. MVAMS now frozen. Double Grrrr.

I know we shouldn't look a gift horse etc etc but these Milviz birds are over engineered, buggy and not reliable. When they happen to work they are very enjoyable. Shame.

@expat

I'll FEDEX my 20 lb. fit-it hammer to you!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 3