F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released

F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released

A new F-5 Tiger II just released by Venom Zero Productions at SimMarket.

simMarket: F-5 TIGER II MSFS

Looks good. Nice price.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Looks good.
    From the screenshots on that page, it doesn't really look good... especially the VC.

Nice price.
    Not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    From the screenshots on that page, it doesn't really look good... especially the VC.
    Daube,

Not being "hands on familiar" with the aircraft, and only looking quickly at the screenshots, I don't entirely know what you mean.

As for the VC, the description says "NOT study level."

As with any aircraft depiction, some will like, some won't. I just saw it when I was checking updates, and thought I would post it.

Maybe I won't do anymore.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

A new F-5 Tiger II just released by Venom Zero Productions at SimMarket.

simMarket: F-5 TIGER II MSFS

Looks good. Nice price.

Thanks for posting. I agree, the exterior definitely looks good. Cockpit, meh! it's clean but could use some work. I have seen worse things from other well know designers that looked a lot worse at release and were almost twice as pricey. I'll check it out this weekend and give my thoughts but can't beat the price.

The cockpit looks like a home-build F-5 replica, using MDF and plywood. All it needs is a PC keyboard, with a Saitek X-52, and it would be strangely authentic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    The cockpit looks like a home-build F-5 replica, using MDF and plywood. All it needs is a PC keyboard, with a Saitek X-52, and it would be strangely authentic.
    Dang, you guys are critical. I just looked at the images on the website, and the cockpit doesn't look to bad to me. I am more interested in what systems work, not the polish on the cockpit rails and gauges.

I too will wait for some reviews.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have always loved the design of the F-5 because of the way the main fuselage, the inlet/engines section and fuselage top/ canopy fairing are so beautifully blended together. Add to that the likewise beautifully shaped tip tanks (i believe only present on 'Nato birds' ) and there you have one small but magnificent looking aluminium bird of prey. Particularly with the sun playing with the 3 almost 'stand alone' parts of fuselage the F-5 is a feast for the eyes. Well, atleast *my* eyes as it's all IMHO of course. ;-)

Now with even *2* F-5E's on the market what would the chances be to see a F-5A/B and NF-5A/B a.o. in the slipstream of both these F-5E releases you think ? Fat chance ?.....

Btw, i agree with Paul, the Venom Zero F-5E VC does resemble to have been build with plywood and MDF...

Also, because it looks like the VZ F-5E uses the default MSFS jetfighter pilot figure the external model might be slightly overscaled... Compared to RW F-5 photos the pilot figure is way too small (here we go again.. )

If you look at the size of the VZ pilot figure he might just as well be flying an F-4...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I have always loved the design of the F-5 because of the way the main fuselage, the inlet/engines section and fuselage top/ canopy fairing are so beautifully blended together. Add to that the likewise beautifully shaped tip tanks (i believe only present on 'Nato birds' ) and there you have one small but magnificent looking aluminium bird of prey. Particularly with the sun playing with the 3 almost 'stand alone' parts of fuselage the F-5 is a feast for the eyes. Well, atleast *my* eyes as it's all IMHO of course. ;-)

Now with even *2* F-5E's on the market what would the chances be to see a F-5A/B and NF-5A/B a.o. in the slipstream of both these F-5E releases you think ? Fat chance ?.....
    Agreed...I'm looking forward to the SC Designs F-5E (and hopefully F eventually), but like you, I'd LOVE to see an F-5A and B for that 60s/70s NATO action!

Kent

I have the DCS F-5E, impossible to top that model. I prefer doing the Mil aircraft over on that platform and the civil stuff on FS2020.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I appreciate you posting it! I was expecting an FS2002-level cockpit after the posts here, but the screenshots don't look bad for an under-$15 airplane.

But then I prefer to find the fun in flying add-ons, vs in finding flaws.

I'll wait for some reviews because I do want to hear how it flies. If its feel/performance is convincing, I'll pay the price of a Seattle cheeseburger for it.

Apart from the too small pilot and from the high polished Cessna Cockpit - this is an aircraft with potential...and weapons....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Yes, it looks better
    I'd rather buy that one
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I have the DCS F-5E, impossible to top that model. I prefer doing the Mil aircraft over on that platform and the civil stuff on FS2020.
    Yep! Dat be the one I fly 2.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Took the bait as an F-5 junkie. Not impressed. Removing from Community folder. Waiting with more than baited breath for SC Designs version, however!!!

Kent

Ended up buying it. Like the exterior, interior can use some work visually but is workable. Flight model is just so so but I guess 99% of us are not fighter pilots who would know anyway. I am not gonna bitch too much though as it cost me less than my daily lunch. I was more angry about the F-15 and the condition it was released in than this.

1.2 available

https://secure.simmarket.com/venom-z...tiger-ii.phtml

V1.2 uploaded to Simmarket and ORBX. Should be available over the next day.

V1.2

- Updated F-5A Model
    - Fuselage Auxiliary Intake Doors removed
    - Fuselage Top Antennas added
    - Fuselage Panel Lines Changed
    - Wingtip AiM-9B Added (Can be replaced with wingtip tanks in Fuel/Payload Management)
    - Fuel Probe added (Can be added with Fuel/Payload Management)
    - F-5A Cockpit changes to the front dash
    - HUD option removed from F-5A
    - New Skins
    - Spanish Air Force Skin (F-5A)
    - USAF T-38 Trainer Skin (F-5E)
    - VMFT-401 USMC Adversary Skin (F-5E)
    - USAF 58th TFS Skin switched from F-5E to now F-5A
    - Asobo Pilot Position Updated to posture correctly in the cockpit (Not animated)
    - Engine power overhauled
    - Flight Model Tweaks
    - Updated Manual
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post

Oh boy! Must be strong, not giving in.......very tempting!

Cees

Don't know if it's my sim, or the aircraft model, but I just tried a flight after the upgrade to v1.2, and about 5 minutes into my flight, My engines slowly spooled down and shut off, (45% fuel remaining) and my control surfaces all stopped working, as if they were controlled by the autopilot. The stick and all controls worked in the cocxkpit, but no movement outside. I tried 1 notch flap, that worked, but upset the glide. I could not retrim to stop dive.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Reno to Fallon quick hop.

Don't know if it's my sim, or the aircraft model, but I just tried a flight after the upgrade to v1.2, and about 5 minutes into my flight, My engines slowly spooled down and shut off, (45% fuel remaining) and my control surfaces all stopped working, as if they were controlled by the autopilot. The stick and all controls worked in the cocxkpit, but no movement outside. I tried 1 notch flap, that worked, but upset the glide. I could not retrim to stop dive.

Earlier I did about a 25 minute flight with no issue. There is an engine cutoff button/switch type tucked away on the left panel, did you inadvertently hit that? I have done that in the past and then had to restart in midflight which worked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Reno to Fallon quick hop.

That is one cool looking livery.

I once flew into Midland, TX KMAF and there were two F-5s on the ramp. I saw the pilots in the FBO and taked to them. They were NAVY from Fallon.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    That is one cool looking livery.

I once flew into Midland, TX KMAF and there were two F-5s on the ramp. I saw the pilots in the FBO and taked to them. They were NAVY from Fallon.

What were you flying at the time? I have heard that alot of TACAIR pilot use that as a stop on cross-country flights.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    What were you flying at the time? I have heard that alot of TACAIR pilot use that as a stop on cross-country flights.
    A Cessna 182. I often traveled there for work.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 208