F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    I'm not working on it
    But I'm looking forward to it, how are you doing with the painting?

Very slow - By the time I get home, it's close to 6pm, then dinner, time with kids...I get maybe an hour a day to do any simming or painting. I am not as fast as you and Jankees. You guys are my skinning heroes. I am hoping to have the Patrouille Suisse done by Saturday because on Sunday, I am flying away for a week.

Have a good day pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Well, you ask me to "Go Navy" so i did.. Always had boats, mostly third hand sailing boats and often leaky as a basket. Can't remember the days NOT knowing about Grand Banks but only as a subject of my dreams. So here's to dreams that eventually CAN come true alright. The quality is absolutely amazing. It's more than 30 years old but if i'd tell you it's brand new you'd believe it. Even the engine room looks new. Because of the two 135 hp Ford Lehmans it can turn on a dime. Pretty fast too. Just arrived here in a small marina closer to my home:

Coincidently that'd be the version i am most interested in because NF-5A was what we had here (Dutch AF, like Zsolt did the livery for, thanks again, Zsolt ! ;-). Always liked the '3 stage' fuselage config and the shape of the tip tanks that give it some extra "joie de vivre" ;-) Made a 1/32 model of it, i think Hasagawa, many years ago but still have fond memories of it. Not found the time to download the upgrade and see what it's like. It's a nice model that deserves to be worked on and make the most out of it.

That sounds very promising !

Interesting livery ! Well done ! Is that USAF or another country ?

Thanks Go Navy !

With that boat, you're definitely more of a sailor than I am, Javis. That looks ready for some summer fun.

Yeah, Zsolt has been killing it with the paints. I have only done a few repaints for Venom. I did the USAF Vietnam War Skin, the Philippines Air Force F-5A, and then the Private Owned adversary skin I posted earlier. Pictures below. I am attempting to work on Patrouille Suisse and hoping to get it done by this weekend. I am not a fast livery ninja like Zsolt and Jankees.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Congrats on 49 years! I am at 15 years myself and hope to make it to that number if she can deal with my shenanigans.

Growing up around San Diego must've been nice; though I figure it was probably a much different place back then.
    Very much different. Go back occasinally to visit, as my middle daughter still lives there. Also my high school reunions. But, it's not home anymore. I've become used to small town Iowa, 6000 population. Don't like the 24 hr lifestyle, and constant crowds.

Gonna go redownload the F-5, and see if it works better this time.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

How is the cockpit looking these days? I remember when it launched it was as if they forgot to add textures. I've heard there have been improvements but I don't think I've seen any screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    How is the cockpit looking these days? I remember when it launched it was as if they forgot to add textures. I've heard there have been improvements but I don't think I've seen any screenshots.
    Take a look in post 32 of this thread?

Cees

Scenic pic , Zsolt.
    Very nice.

Another great paint, well done, Zsolt!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Another Dutchie! Thanks Zsolt!

Cees

With that boat, you're definitely more of a sailor than I am, Javis. That looks ready for some summer fun.
    You bet ! https://youtube.com/shorts/oMgRtDIxB...dCLL4vu3BfjdCv

Yeah, Zsolt has been killing it with the paints. I have only done a few repaints for Venom. I did the USAF Vietnam War Skin, the Philippines Air Force F-5A, and then the Private Owned adversary skin I posted earlier. Pictures below. I am attempting to work on Patrouille Suisse and hoping to get it done by this weekend. I am not a fast livery ninja like Zsolt and Jankees.
    Well steady on, matey. All in good time, right ?

Say, whatabout the VC. Together with the FD's that's a bit of an achilles heel too, don't you think. I bet it will look a lot better if you could do away with the colors normally used in GA aircraft, you know, creamy sand....Jet fighters usually have bleu'ish/grey'ish cockpit :

What do think ? Workable ?.... Guess that would be highly appreciated by the F-5 aficionados.

Hopefully completed by Saturday.

You bet ! https://youtube.com/shorts/oMgRtDIxBpk?si=1KdCLL4vu3BfjdCv

Say, whatabout the VC. Together with the FD's that's a bit of an achilles heel too, don't you think. I bet it will look a lot better if you could do away with the colors normally used in GA aircraft, you know, creamy sand....Jet fighters usually have bleu'ish/grey'ish cockpit :

What do think ? Workable ?.... Guess that would be highly appreciated by the F-5 aficionados.

Oh, get that VC photo out of my face. LOL

In all seriousness though, I think it can always get better. It has certainly gotten better since the version you have posted in that picture. I believe he released a major cockpit update back in December - in the latest version, he changed the F-5A cockpit a bit more too. See the screenies below.

F-5E

F-5A

Oh boy, I love me some yaght rock - Spent a few years in Miami and got hooked; unfortunately don't have a boat; although I live right next to the Potomac River - perhaps one day I can convince the wifey...not anytime soon though

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post

What a beaut!

Hopefully completed by Saturday.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

You bet ! https://youtube.com/shorts/oMgRtDIxB...dCLL4vu3BfjdCv

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Too much paint and talk to resist!

The F-5 / T-38 is a great looking airframe and all the paints by the artists on this site make this plane a "buy" for me. I'm off to simMarket now. Thanks guys...keep up the good work.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

There will be another F5 soon from DeimoS plus the DC version.

The pit from the DeimoS model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (935).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	93155

The SC Designs F-5E Tiger II cockpit.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    There will be another F5 soon from DeimoS plus the DC version.The pit from the DeimoS model.
    but when....:ugrás:

Can't comment on the DC Designs but the DeimoS is soon according the Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Can't comment on the DC Designs but the DeimoS is soon according the Discord channel.
    Isn't it the other way round from your other post....?
    And as Dean says, it's SC Designs...(spreading the profits between companies to keep the taxman at bay?)

Interesting variety in cockpits...F5E shouldn't have a HUD a I think, just a gun/bomb sight.
    Unless its an F5A/T from Tactical Air, they operate F5s upgraded in 2017 as commercial aggressors!
    https://www.tacticalairsupport.com/a.../northrop-f-5/

Members who have read this thread: 208