F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released

Private F-5 belonging to Tactical Air Support Inc Adversary Services.

The pilot looks better/bit bigger. That correct ?..

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The pilot looks better/bit bigger. That correct ?..

Thanks!
    Yes sir. Certainly bigger than it was on release. Now he sits correctly too but not animated though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post

Well done, Zsolt ! Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Yes sir. Certainly bigger than it was on release. Now he sits correctly too but not animated though.
    Thanks Go Navy! ( i have a Grand Banks 36 Europe you know ;-) Looks much better indeed. I suppose the flight dynamics haven't been worked on ?

Earlier I did about a 25 minute flight with no issue. There is an engine cutoff button/switch type tucked away on the left panel, did you inadvertently hit that? I have done that in the past and then had to restart in midflight which worked.
    Not going to say no, as I was looking around the cockpit for some normally quick access switches, while my camera zoom was doing weird stuff. However, would that cause the controls to disconnect from the control stick, as if an autopilot had totally taken over, with no manual control override?

On a continuing note, after restarting the sim, and back at Miramar, I got the engines started, then they just spooled down and refused to restart. And, the controls were not moving, although the stick in the cockpit was. Changed over to the GAS Stearman, and completed my flight up to Victorville.

I'll try redownloading the updated file, and see if it helps. If not, this one goes to the boneyard at Wright Patterson.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks Go Navy! ( i have a Grand Banks 36 Europe you know ;-) Looks much better indeed. I suppose the flight dynamics haven't been worked on ?

Javis,
    I had to google what a Grand Banks 36 Europa is and that is pretty cool. I don't have anything nearly that cool.

In terms of flight dynamics, I think they're better than they were at release. My personal opinion, his F-5A flies better but that's just me - I have almost no real world experience. I do like the multiple improvements to the jet over time and I am sure he will get better as this was his first release.

I have done some skins for the developer and have been in contact with him about a few upgrades but skinning is really the only thing I can help with at this point. Just provided my latest skin to him last night for upload.

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Not going to say no, as I was looking around the cockpit for some normally quick access switches, while my camera zoom was doing weird stuff. However, would that cause the controls to disconnect from the control stick, as if an autopilot had totally taken over, with no manual control override?

On a continuing note, after restarting the sim, and back at Miramar, I got the engines started, then they just spooled down and refused to restart. And, the controls were not moving, although the stick in the cockpit was. Changed over to the GAS Stearman, and completed my flight up to Victorville.

I'll try redownloading the updated file, and see if it helps. If not, this one goes to the boneyard at Wright Patterson.

Hmmm, that is strange. I did multiple flights as I was trying to fix my livery - all last between 5-20 minutes and haven't had any issue. Hope you can get it resolved pal.

Thought the Boneyard was at Davis Monthan - Been there a few times. Is there another one at Wright Patterson? Doesn't seem like a good place for a boneyard.

Man, you do some amazing skins Zsolt. I need to try to get as good one day. Bravo!

Javis,I had to google what a Grand Banks 36 Europa is and that is pretty cool. I don't have anything nearly that cool.In terms of flight dynamics, I think they're better than they were at release. My personal opinion, his F-5A flies better but that's just me - I have almost no real world experience. I do like the multiple improvements to the jet over time and I am sure he will get better as this was his first release. I have done some skins for the developer and have been in contact with him about a few upgrades but skinning is really the only thing I can help with at this point. Just provided my latest skin to him last night for upload.
    You are ahead of me with the paintingWill you also make the sand color version?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hmmm, that is strange. I did multiple flights as I was trying to fix my livery - all last between 5-20 minutes and haven't had any issue. Hope you can get it resolved pal.

Thought the Boneyard was at Davis Monthan - Been there a few times. Is there another one at Wright Patterson? Doesn't seem like a good place for a boneyard.
    OOPS, Major brain fart! You're right. Davis Monthan. Of course, I could have left it at Southern Calif Logistics, Victorville, which is a major airliner boneyard now. I spent 3 1/2 years there in '70-'73, minus 18 months 6/70-12/71, while it was George AFB. Munitions Maintainance, (Bomb Dump, now a Federal Prison) and midnight flightline delivery crew chief. I lived in Santee, San Diego, 125 miles barracks to front door. Loved it! My undieing love for the F-4 Phantom II was born and raised there!

I figured out my problem with the engines, I had a button right under my thumb on my X-56 throttle that was programmed for throttle reverse, that I had completely forgotten about. When I accidently pushed it in another aircraft, the throttles went to idle, and would not move with the controller. I could move them witht the mouse, controlling the engines, but not the controller. However, the flight controls still worked, so I still don't know what was going on there.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

No sir. No intent to do that version.

OOPS, Major brain fart! You're right. Davis Monthan. Of course, I could have left it at Southern Calif Logistics, Victorville, which is a major airliner boneyard now. I spent 3 1/2 years there in '70-'73, minus 18 months 6/70-12/71, while it was George AFB. Munitions Maintainance, (Bomb Dump, now a Federal Prison) and midnight flightline delivery crew chief. I lived in Santee, San Diego, 125 miles barracks to front door. Loved it! My undieing love for the F-4 Phantom II was born and raised there!

I figured out my problem with the engines, I had a button right under my thumb on my X-56 throttle that was programmed for throttle reverse, that I had completely forgotten about. When I accidently pushed it in another aircraft, the throttles went to idle, and would not move with the controller. I could move them witht the mouse, controlling the engines, but not the controller. However, the flight controls still worked, so I still don't know what was going on there.

Thanks for your service first off. Secondly, I’m jealous. I never got to see Phantoms in the fleet, it was gone way before I got here. Heck, the F-14 retired soon after I entered service.

Where do you live now?

I just started working Patroulle Suisse. I hope you haven’t started yet. If you have, let me know. I don’t want to double tap.

Thank You for Your service, GO Navy.

I live in central Iowa now. Moved here in 1975. (The things a woman will get a man to do. 49yrs come September.)
    I was born and raised in San Diego, 6th grade on in Santee, just miles south east of Miramar.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

No sir. No intent to do that version.
    Then I'll go for it...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Now that one looks good. Great job as usual Zsolt. By any chance, are you working in Patrouille Suisse? I just started yesterday. If you are further along let me know. Thank you.

Now that one looks good. Great job as usual Zsolt. By any chance, are you working in Patrouille Suisse? I just started yesterday. If you are further along let me know. Thank you.
    I'm not working on it
    But I'm looking forward to it, how are you doing with the painting?

Javis,
    I had to google what a Grand Banks 36 Europa is and that is pretty cool. I don't have anything nearly that cool.
    Well, you ask me to "Go Navy" so i did.. Always had boats, mostly third hand sailing boats and often leaky as a basket. Can't remember the days NOT knowing about Grand Banks but only as a subject of my dreams. So here's to dreams that eventually CAN come true alright. The quality is absolutely amazing. It's more than 30 years old but if i'd tell you it's brand new you'd believe it. Even the engine room looks new. Because of the two 135 hp Ford Lehmans it can turn on a dime. Pretty fast too. Just arrived here in a small marina closer to my home:

In terms of flight dynamics, I think they're better than they were at release. My personal opinion, his F-5A flies better but that's just me
    Coincidently that'd be the version i am most interested in because NF-5A was what we had here (Dutch AF, like Zsolt did the livery for, thanks again, Zsolt ! ;-). Always liked the '3 stage' fuselage config and the shape of the tip tanks that give it some extra "joie de vivre" ;-) Made a 1/32 model of it, i think Hasagawa, many years ago but still have fond memories of it. Not found the time to download the upgrade and see what it's like. It's a nice model that deserves to be worked on and make the most out of it.

I have almost no real world experience. I do like the multiple improvements to the jet over time and I am sure he will get better as this was his first release.
    That sounds very promising !

I have done some skins for the developer and have been in contact with him about a few upgrades but skinning is really the only thing I can help with at this point. Just provided my latest skin to him last night for upload.
    Interesting livery ! Well done ! Is that USAF or another country ?

Thanks Go Navy !

Blog Entries
    Well, you ask me to "Go Navy" so i did.. Always had boats, mostly third hand sailing boats and often leaky as a basket. Can't remember the days NOT knowing about Grand Banks but only as a subject of my dreams. So here's to dreams that eventually CAN come true alright. The quality is absolutely amazing. It's more than 30 years old but if i'd tell you it's brand new you'd believe it. Even the engine room looks new. Because of the two 135 hp Ford Lehmans it can turn on a dime. Pretty fast too. Just arrived here in a small marina closer to my home:

Coincidently that'd be the version i am most interested in because NF-5A was what we had here (Dutch AF, like Zsolt did the livery for, thanks again, Zsolt ! ;-). Always liked the '3 stage' fuselage config and the shape of the tip tanks that give it some extra "joie de vivre" ;-) Made a 1/32 model of it, i think Hasagawa, many years ago but still have fond memories of it. Not found the time to download the upgrade and see what it's like. It's a nice model that deserves to be worked on and make the most out of it.

That sounds very promising !

Interesting livery ! Well done ! Is that USAF or another country ?

Thanks Go Navy !
    Nice! Is that more of a bay boat, or can you savely go into open waters? I know...I am showing my ignorance.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Nice! Is that more of a bay boat, or can you savely go into open waters? I know...I am showing my ignorance.
    Doesn't matter, John, i feel ignorant myself when it comes to boats. You can never learn enough about boats. They are living things you know ;-)

Before i bought this one i looked at a GB46 (the number behind Grand Banks is always the number of feet from stern to bow, mine is a GB36). The owner bought it in the US and personally sailed it from the US to the Netherlands in about half a year (not straight across the atlantic but visiting other countries in between). Sure, Grand Banks boats are 'seaworthy'. It's an American company, already from the early 60's, but the boats are made in Singapore (first in Hong Kong), first made out of wood, later in the 70's successfully transferred to fiberglass.

Here in the Netherlands a rather big marina can be filled up with just Grand Banks boats. They are certainly not made here in Europe so they *have* to be seaworthy !

Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter, John, i feel ignorant myself when it comes to boats. You can never learn enough about boats. They are living things you know ;-)

Before i bought this one i looked at a GB46 (the number behind Grand Banks is always the number of feet from stern to bow, mine is a GB36). The owner bought it in the US and personally sailed it from the US to the Netherlands in about half a year (not straight across the atlantic but visiting other countries in between). Sure, Grand Banks boats are 'seaworthy'. It's an American company, already from the early 60's, but the boats are made in Singapore (first in Hong Kong), first made out of wood, later in the 70's successfully transferred to fiberglass.

Here in the Netherlands a rather big marina can be filled up with just Grand Banks boats. They are certainly not made here in Europe so they *have* to be seaworthy !
    Well, I didn't even know Grand Banks was a manufacturer’s name and not a style of boat. The only boat I have ever owned was a kayak. A nice kayak, if I say so myself.

Enjoy your boat. We were in the Netherlands last Summer. It is a beautiful country, we loved Amsterdam, even if it rained the entire time. I got some great pictures.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thank You for Your service, GO Navy.

I live in central Iowa now. Moved here in 1975. (The things a woman will get a man to do. 49yrs come September.)
    I was born and raised in San Diego, 6th grade on in Santee, just miles south east of Miramar.

Congrats on 49 years! I am at 15 years myself and hope to make it to that number if she can deal with my shenanigans.

Growing up around San Diego must've been nice; though I figure it was probably a much different place back then.

Members who have read this thread: 208