RAVN Alaska Dash 8

Thread: RAVN Alaska Dash 8

RAVN Alaska Dash 8

I have decided to fly my Majestic Dash 8 in Alaska after watching Ice Airport Alaska's latest episodes. I know that their latest is a Q300 not Q400 but they did the 400 instead of updating the 300 for P3D so I am using my 400. I just finished the repaints and here is a screenshot at Gate A14 at Ted Stevens Anchorage free airport.

Starting Ground School (virtually)

I have the Airline2Sim videos for both CADET and FIRST OFFICER and will start my re-certification on Monday as a virtual DASH 8 Q400 Captain with Josh Harrison my virtual line pilot over in the UK. Looking forward to it. I wish that they would have completed the series with the CAPTAIN set but they moved onto the Airbus A320 training videos and the PMDG 737 videos. I also have other videos I have downloaded from the internet including FMS training. It is quite a bit different from the PMDG 737 or the iFly 737 especially being more hands-on flying. I have REX Sky Force P3D version and will be injecting real weather into all my Alaska flights which will make it rather challenging. I used to fly for Reeve Alaska Virtual in Alaska so it will be a little like "old home week". I created some of the non-existent airports for us to fly in FSX and I think that they will be usable in P3D V4.5. When we were watching Ice Airport Alaska, RAVN cancelled their flight to Dutch Harbor three days in a row because of weather this time of year. It will be interesting flying the RAVN Alaska schedule that I was able to download the current version of.

Fly Like A Pro

I found a series of videos about the DASH 8 Q400 systems by "Capt Nab" entitled "Fly Like A Pro". In the beginning of the Airline2Sim videos he states that a real pilot would spend some hours studying the systems before actually beginning in the cockpit so that is exactly what I decided to do. Each has a review to test your knowledge at the end. The point is that the pilot just doesn't learn what buttons to push but why and what they do within the aircraft. Since with all the hours I have in various cockpits and that I have the PRO edition of the MJC I decided to do it by the book. Did my first classroom instruction today the introduction to the DASH 8 Q400. I'm looking forward to it. I did the A2sim videos some years ago when I first got the MCJ and the training videos. I want to go into it more in depth this time around. Especially where I am going to be virtually flying in the future in Alaska. There's no forgiveness for a mistake like in the lower 48 except in the mountains there. BTW I aced the first exam.

For Those Flying Dreamwings

I have just completed the RAVN Alaska texture for the Dreamwings DASH 8 Q400 and will be posting a picture here and also a link to it. it is available FSX and P3D V4+ native. Links tomorrow as well for those who don't have or intend to purchase the Majestic or Virtuacol versions.

Members who have read this thread: 3