The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 & MRR for MSFS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 & MRR for MSFS

The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 & MRR for MSFS

Development update from Justflight today. Release is in the home stretch. Amazing is the quality of the modeling, and the attention to detail....

https://www.justflight.com/in-develo...#entry20231108

...including exceptional sound quality recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob60B5yklWE&t=25s

A definite purchase for me - one of my favourite aircraft, and from Just Flight too. Really looking forward to it.

A purchase for me as well. Nicely done..!

A sure buy for me!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I feel like this is going to end up as P3D-expensive an JF's other planes, but I'll likely make an exception for this one.

Would have loved the F28, 146, and Hawk, but those prices are just nuts compared to other MSFS planes I haven't fully explored yet. I hope they make enough off those of us who'll pay extra for niche planes that it justifies losing all the sales from more casual fliers.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I feel like this is going to end up as P3D-expensive an JF's other planes, but I'll likely make an exception for this one.

Would have loved the F28, 146, and Hawk, but those prices are just nuts compared to other MSFS planes I haven't fully explored yet. I hope they make enough off those of us who'll pay extra for niche planes that it justifies losing all the sales from more casual fliers.
    I don't think the Vulcan is a casual flier. ;-) Really looking forward to this one, but bet it will be around +$60 when released based upon the detail and functionality shown. I suppose JF could offer a "lite" version with fewer models and features like what is being done with the Sherpa. MSFS is not DCS combat, so I wonder about the general appeal to a wider MSFS audience for a cold war bomber that does not have simulated nuclear strike capaiblity.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    MSFS is not DCS combat, so I wonder about the general appeal to a wider MSFS audience for a cold war bomber that does not have simulated nuclear strike capaiblity.
    I don't think it'll affect sales, as no such mission was carried out anyway. On the other hand, JF is including a simulated AAR function so that you can fly the Black Buck missions, when the Vulcan actually was used in anger. For me, the main appeal is the long distance flights, such as attending Red Flag Exercises in the USA, or the journey to RAAF Edinburgh in South Australia, to thrill a certain 10-year-old boy.

First day buy for me as well. The Tin Triangle is one of my all time favs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I don't think it'll affect sales, as no such mission was carried out anyway. On the other hand, JF is including a simulated AAR function so that you can fly the Black Buck missions, when the Vulcan actually was used in anger. For me, the main appeal is the long distance flights, such as attending Red Flag Exercises in the USA, or the journey to RAAF Edinburgh in South Australia, to thrill a certain 10-year-old boy.
    I flew in a Red Flag where the Brits and their Vulcan's were present. It was an awesome plane to watch taking off. Lots of "freedom" noise on T/O.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I flew in a Red Flag where the Brits and their Vulcan's were present. It was an awesome plane to watch taking off. Lots of "freedom" noise on T/O.
    I envy you - it must have been quite something to be part of.

hi,

did you see this recent freeware ?

https://flightsim.to/file/62834/avro-vulcan-b2
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    I envy you - it must have been quite something to be part of.
    Red Flag missions were the most realistic wartime flying available. We got shot down on one mission. The maintainers were watching on the big monitor, so they knew. When we taxied in the assistant crew chief was lying on the concrete with a flower in his hands pretending to be dead.

The WSO and I bought them dinner, complete with beer that night.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Red Flag missions were the most realistic wartime flying available. We got shot down on one mission. The maintainers were watching on the big monitor, so they knew. When we taxied in the assistant crew chief was lying on the concrete with a flower in his hands pretending to be dead.

Great story! :-)

What aircraft type were you flying?
    - Kenneth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    What aircraft type were you flying?
    - Kenneth
    I flew the RF-4C.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

I flew the RF-4C.
    I have fond memories of the RF-4C. I lived near RAF Alconbury in the years the 10th TRW was based there with their RF-4C's. Through connections I even got to have a go in the front seat of the RF-4C simulator on the base. Would love to see a good version of it in MSFS with the "AR" codes proudly emblazoned on the tail.

The Phantom was always a favorite of mine. I later took a press flight on a KC-135 out of RAF Mildenhall. We refueled Luftwaffe F-4F's out into the Atlantic before we turned back and they carried on the Goose Bay. After I moved to Canada in 1988 I met one of the F-4 pilots we shared the sky with on that mission. He was at the air show in London, Ontario with two F-4's from Pferdsfeld.

But I bet you could write a book on your flying stories. I'd not only read it, as an author I'd happily help you write it! I did a few biographies for clients about ten years ago.

BUT..... Back to the Vulcan. Loved that machine. Saw it at many air shows in my teens, and recall as an Air Cadet manning the cut-off front end of a Vulcan at a show. Public came in and I sat in the left seat telling them "These are the engine instruments, and these are the flight instruments" as if I knew what I was talking about at age 14. But I loved my afternoon in that cockpit.

- Kenneth

Blog Entries
    I have fond memories of the RF-4C. I lived near RAF Alconbury in the years the 10th TRW was based there with their RF-4C's. Through connections I even got to have a go in the front seat of the RF-4C simulator on the base. Would love to see a good version of it in MSFS with the "AR" codes proudly emblazoned on the tail.

The Phantom was always a favorite of mine. I later took a press flight on a KC-135 out of RAF Mildenhall. We refueled Luftwaffe F-4F's out into the Atlantic before we turned back and they carried on the Goose Bay. After I moved to Canada in 1988 I met one of the F-4 pilots we shared the sky with on that mission. He was at the air show in London, Ontario with two F-4's from Pferdsfeld.

But I bet you could write a book on your flying stories. I'd not only read it, as an author I'd happily help you write it! I did a few biographies for clients about ten years ago.

BUT..... Back to the Vulcan. Loved that machine. Saw it at many air shows in my teens, and recall as an Air Cadet manning the cut-off front end of a Vulcan at a show. Public came in and I sat in the left seat telling them "These are the engine instruments, and these are the flight instruments" as if I knew what I was talking about at age 14. But I loved my afternoon in that cockpit.

- Kenneth
    The RF-4C was a fun airplane to fly. Big, noisy, and smoky. There was no doubt that this was a war machine. We flew a lot of low-level which was a blast. Flying at 420-480 kts and 100' AGL makes any amusement park ride "Oh Hum".

I never made it to Europe in the Air Force. I would have liked to do so. I would hear all these cool stories, but it was not to be. I later had to go on my own nickel.

A book based on my career would be rather boring. I went to SEA just as the shooting was ending. I never flew north of the DMZ, only in southern Vietnam. I came back to the States and PCS at Shaw, AFB in South Carolina. I did go on several TDY's to Bergstrom, AFB in Austin, TX. I flew in two Red Flags exercises. Through it all, I took pictures (well the WSO took e'm) of quite a few monuments and famous buildings. I was also accused of killing 200 chickens by flying too low over their coops. Heck, I was at least 50 feet above them and didn't even go supersonic. The farmer should have known better than put chicken coops along a low level route. That incident cost the Air Force a chunk of change.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

The RF-4C was a fun airplane to fly. Big, noisy, and smoky. There was no doubt that this was a war machine. We flew a lot of low-level which was a blast. Flying at 420-480 kts and 100' AGL makes any amusement park ride "Oh Hum".

I never made it to Europe in the Air Force. I would have liked to do so. I would hear all these cool stories, but it was not to be. I later had to go on my own nickel.

A book based on my career would be rather boring. I went to SEA just as the shooting was ending. I never flew north of the DMZ, only in southern Vietnam. I came back to the States and PCS at Shaw, AFB in South Carolina. I did go on several TDY's to Bergstrom, AFB in Austin, TX. I flew in two Red Flags exercises. Through it all, I took pictures (well the WSO took e'm) of quite a few monuments and famous buildings. I was also accused of killing 200 chickens by flying too low over their coops. Heck, I was at least 50 feet above them and didn't even go supersonic. The farmer should have known better than put chicken coops along a low level route. That incident cost the Air Force a chunk of change.
    At least those chickens didn't end up in your engines! Forget Kentucky Fried Chicken or McDonalds, it would have been "McDonnell Douglas Fried Chicken!" - LOL Thanks for sharing.
    - Kenneth

I have fond memories of the RF-4C. I lived near RAF Alconbury in the years the 10th TRW was based there with their RF-4C's.
    I was with the MOD at Alconbury. I started there just after the F-5 Aggressors left and the A-10s arrived. We had ANG RF-4s on TDY at times too. We'd just finished developing the other side of the base with hardened facilities for the TR-1 ( later known as the U2-R ) when Bill Clinton exacted his revenge on John Major and closed it all down. Some of those brand new hardened shelters never housed a single aircraft, and the enormous EMP-proof Building 200 was never once used by anyone. A colossal waste of money.

Sirs, I like to follow your stories, but wouldn't it be better to maybe go on in a seperate topic? This one is called "The Avro Vulcan" and possibly many users would like to get just news about this aircraft.
    No offense
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Sirs, I like to follow your stories, but wouldn't it be better to maybe go on in a seperate topic? This one is called "The Avro Vulcan" and possibly many users would like to get just news about this aircraft.
    No offense
    My comments started with the Vulcan....they then fragmented in RF-4 stories. I apologize, besides I have no more stories...unless you want to her the one where rolled in and lined up on a terrorist trying to fish the biggest bass out of a US lake. I showed him. True story.

Oops! the Avro Vulcan, yes..."jmig" out.

P.S. All the above was tongue-in-cheek. The thread is about the Vulcan.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    No offense
    You have a valid point. So, do you only want news about the incoming Just Flight Vulcan? In which case this thread will be relatively quiet until release, or do you want to talk about all things Avro Vulcan, in which case we can continue to share thoughts, stories, etc together around that theme? Just checking....
    - Kenneth

I would prefere to hear all about the MSFS Vulcan here, because it seems to get a really great aircraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3OPWDfq14
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Guys, I suggest we all take deep breath and back off. When I was a moderator here, it was just this kind of back and forth that would cause me to start thinking about closing the thread. Everyone has expressed valid points, except maybe me with my tongue-in-cheek comment. They have been said, so let it rest. Since, I never flew the Vulcan I don't have any more Vulcan stories.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0