The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 & MRR for MSFS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, K.2 & MRR for MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    I would prefere to hear all about the MSFS Vulcan here, because it seems to get a really great aircraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3OPWDfq14
    I'm fine with that Manfred. Looking forward to its release as much as you. And no offense was taken at your sincere suggestion to stay on topic. You were correct to remind us! - Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Guys, I suggest we all take deep breath and back off. When I was a moderator here, it was just this kind of back and forth that would cause me to start thinking about closing the thread. Everyone has expressed valid points, except maybe me with my tongue-in-cheek comment. They have been said, so let it rest. Since, I never flew the Vulcan I don't have any more Vulcan stories.
    I think we're all OK John. Sometimes our hobby and greater aviation enthusiasm can cause us to go off target, but we still fly in formation as friends. Looking forward to the Just Flight Vulcan, and when it releases this thread will explode with great screenshots, tips, etc. - Kenneth

Well, I'll chime in with an actual comment about the Just Flight Vulcan that hasn't been mentioned in this thread: The price is roughly $35 US, which is a great change from Just Flight's previous releases for MSFS, which were priced so high that you really had to love that particular plane and want to fly it a lot to justify paying that much.

I'd love an F28, for instance, or the Hawk, but even the Black Friday discounts are still priced too high to justify with the amount I'd fly those planes.

Ironically, I'd have considered the sky-high price for the Vulcan. But I hope this sells so well for them that they consider keeping future releases more in this range.

---
    As for being on-topic, I think stories from pilots who've actually flown planes of the era are very on-topic. It's 2023 and the Internet's been going off-topic for over a quarter century now. One can easily skim a topic if they're looking for info. The community and banter is what makes Sim-Outhouse special; it's the conversation at the bar in the officer's club, and sometimes that strays, particularly before a product is released when the folks waiting on it are just "hanging out waiting."

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that nowadays you can visit S-O a second time in a day and see zero new posts in the MSFS area many hours after the last visit. I'd hate to see folks feel hesitant to post because something might offend a topic cop. What makes forums special is the banter between the posters, and I'd like to see more, not less. If you just want news, a quick scan of FSElite.net, the publisher site, and a YouTube search can keep you 100% up-to-date.

No criticism here, and if we were talking about knitting or politics I'd be on-board. But aviation-related talk and memories are always welcome to me.

==

Meanwhile, back on the Vulcan, you can find links to some previews and the manual (which should give plenty to occupy us getting ready for release!) here:

https://fselite.net/content/just-fli...easing-monday/

Mod note:

It wouldn't be SOH if there wasn't the occasional thread that took a sudden left turn - it's almost a tradition around here! But as long as the original topic isn't completely lost, I'm good with letting things take their own course.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

While we wait for the JF Vulcan, here's an interesting assignment to get us flying..... There are several airport sceneries where you can currently see static Vulcans. Where have you found them? Let's see if we can find them all before the JF release. Just for fun and to whet the appetite for this amazing classic. And we must emphasize, those statics are but a shadow of what we can expect from JF.
    - Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    I would prefere to hear all about the MSFS Vulcan here, because it seems to get a really great aircraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3OPWDfq14
    To anyone who watched this video (thank you Manschy) : the video narrator says that "MFS" does not mean "Microsoft Flight Simulator" when he adresses the two switches that accompany this particular abbreviation (of course not! :-) But what he doesn't say however is what exactly "MFS" does stand for in this case... (he says he's an airline pilot so i guess he doesn't know either... )

Any RAF buffs here that may know ? (just curious.. ;-)

Btw, Manschy, don't you think talk about aircraft is sort of always on topic here in this Sim Outhouse, not really matter so much if it concerns the aircraft at hand ? I mean there's not really that much talk going on here in the first place ( compared to Avsim ( just lately i couldn't help noticing that a few of the latest MSFS aircraft releases accumulated around 20 to 30 pages of interest at Avsim while here at SOH we didn't even manage to fill up *one* page..... Ok, sure, heavily depends on the type of aircraft of course, the BF-109 and various Spits did/do reasonably well as do more propfighters usually but other than that i am quite often rather dissapointed about the feedback here regarding newly released aircraft models ))

IMHO just as long as a topic remains focussed on aircraft, sim or real, it should be alright. We just cannot afford to put a fench around a topic, close it all off to other stuff aircraft related. Particularly real world aircraft stuff ( as in this particular case ) should always be more than welcome. It is the icing on the cake and we might learn something on the fly... Besides, we always have Tom to pull an ear if something sometimes goes way Out of the Sim House, right ?

And sure enough, to stay on topic, i can't wait for this Vulcan to be released too. Sure looks to be an amazing job the JF crew did here. Certainly one of the most impressive, realistic and beautifully rendered virtual cockpits i have ever seen here in MSFS ( that and certainly the VC of the forthcoming IFE/Heatblur F-14 as well ! ) (see, didn't hurt, did it...;-)

Edit: MFS ... could it mean Militairy Flight System ?..
    Last edited by Javis; November 25th, 2023 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    To anyone who watched this video (thank you Manschy) : the video narrator says that "MFS" does not mean "Microsoft Flight Simulator" when he adresses the two switches that accompany this particular abbreviation (of course not! :-) But what he doesn't say however is what exactly "MFS" does stand for in this case... (he says he's an airline pilot so i guess he doesn't know either... )

Any RAF buffs here that may know ? (just curious.. ;-)

From "Strix" over at Mudspike.

HRS = Heading Reference System - Primary Vulcan navigation system (basic gyro stabilised platform - not INS). This system was operated by the Navigator Plotter in the middle back seat. All steering commands to the pilots were input by him and fed to the pilots main artificial horizon/indicator where the azimuth steering indicator (yellow left/right needle at bottom of the display) would show to the pilots the required left/right turn demands.These indicators were part of the MFS.
    MFS= Military Flight System. This was the secondary navigation system used in the event of HRS failure (a regular event) and consisted of 2 completely independant navigation systems (pilot/co-pilot) and which included the main artificial horizon instrument with the steering demand indicator (as mentioned previously). This system was also operated and controlled by the Nav Plotter.

Due to be released this coming Tuesday, 28th November, according to 320 Sim Pilot's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ML0uPTgYe8

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Due to be released this coming Tuesday, 28th November, according to 320 Sim Pilot's YouTube channel.

I found this 320 Sim Pilot video to be the most helpful all-round preview of the JF Vulcan so far. In recent times there's been a tendency from some U-tubers to dive into detailed cockpit procedures and a flight and really not paying much attention to the external modelling, textures and sounds which, certainly in my case, are key to the immersion and my decision to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    From "Strix" over at Mudspike.
    Thanks mucho, Seahawk ! Now i feel i'm ready to fly that big beautiful bat !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    I found this 320 Sim Pilot video to be the most helpful all-round preview of the JF Vulcan so far. In recent times there's been a tendency from some U-tubers to dive into detailed cockpit procedures and a flight and really not paying much attention to the external modelling, textures and sounds which, certainly in my case, are key to the immersion and my decision to buy.
    Quite rightly so. They must be taking the word "Flight Simulator" a bit too literally. In my Book of FS (and obviously in yours too) it is just as much an "Aircraft Spotter Simulator" too. I do love the reviews by f.i. 'Into the Blue Simulations", very eloquent and appropriately qualified but the external views he shows us of the aircraft at hand are always the same pre-cooked close-ups, uninteresting and boring. In my mind i always talk to him like "don't you know you can easily rotate around the aircraft thru 360 degrees, up, over, under, above, zoom in and out and with a little effort do a fly-by. Put your camera alongside the runway when you land or take-off ! Add some rain or snow !" ( true of course, MS/Asobo should've givin us a fly-by option already a year ago, but watch that forthcoming IFE/Heatblur F-14 video and see what can be done anyway ! )

Our dedicated IBS reviewer clearly wants to be pilot, not an aircraft spotter... And there are a lot like him and not only reviewers of course. I know that there are simmers who wouldn't even think about stepping outside of their virtual aeroplane while flying. Would probabely ruin their immersive feelings and don't care about external aircraft models at all anyway. It's a free virtual world, to each his own, one's mileage may vary, and all that. I *do* love watching the virtual aircraft i fly very much, from every angle, while flying, landing, taking off, even taxi and in all kinds of weather. I just can't get enough of it. And i am praying on bended knees for more than a year already that the MS/Asobo gods might finally give us that ever so most important and most impressive external view of them all : FLY-BY !! . Well, at least IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Quite rightly so. They must be taking the word "Flight Simulator" a bit too literally. In my Book of FS (and obviously in yours too) it is just as much an "Aircraft Spotter Simulator" too. I do love the reviews by f.i. 'Into the Blue Simulations", very eloquent and appropriately qualified but the external views he shows us of the aircraft at hand are always the same pre-cooked close-ups, uninteresting and boring. In my mind i always talk to him like "don't you know you can easily rotate around the aircraft thru 360 degrees, up, over, under, above, zoom in and out and with a little effort do a fly-by. Put your camera alongside the runway when you land or take-off ! Add some rain or snow !" ( true of course, MS/Asobo should've givin us a fly-by option already a year ago, but watch that forthcoming IFE/Heatblur F-14 video and see what can be done anyway ! )

Our dedicated IBS reviewer clearly wants to be pilot, not an aircraft spotter... And there are a lot like him and not only reviewers of course. I know that there are simmers who wouldn't even think about stepping outside of their virtual aeroplane while flying. Would probabely ruin their immersive feelings and don't care about external aircraft models at all anyway. It's a free virtual world, to each his own, one's mileage may vary, and all that. I *do* love watching the virtual aircraft i fly very much, from every angle, while flying, landing, taking off, even taxi and in all kinds of weather. I just can't get enough of it. And i am praying on bended knees for more than a year already that the MS/Asobo gods might finally give us that ever so most important and most impressive external view of them all : FLY-BY !! . Well, at least IMHO.
    Never was an aircraft more deserving of a flyby view than the mighty Vulcan !!

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Never was an aircraft more deserving of a flyby view than the mighty Vulcan !!
    Indeed ! And i know from the first row so to speak.

I was lucky enough to see (and hear !!..) a Vulcan being put thru its paces during an airshow in the UK. Quite a few years ago but i can never forget !

I want to relive that event over and over again in MSFS ! I mean why not ??!!

Ok now. It is the 28th and no release. Maybe it was to be December 28th. ;-P
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

All posts from release on are now in a new release thread. Please continue there.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0