Saab B17 released in Marketplace

Thread: Saab B17 released in Marketplace

Saab B17 released in Marketplace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4oTI61kP4A

First impressions, good fun flyer, decent model and a good selection of interesting paint schemes
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; November 7th, 2023 at 13:28. Reason: Source added to title

Very nice! I'll admit to a weakness for (nearly) all things Swedish, so I'll go for it tomorrow
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yep, took it up for a quick spin around the new Iceland airport and it looks, sounds, and feels good. And only $10 for Premium Deluxe owners is a crazy good bargain.

Have a feeling I'll be spending some time in this one!

Not my style, especially since it's a neutered warbird, but it's worth a stick.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Who makes these videos ?...

He/she can make more or less obscure, unattractive aircraft look like a famous thoroughbred that every flightsimmer will want to have ! Heck, even that itchy bitchy sundayschool teacher looks good in this video!

Personally i have never givin the Saab B17 much attention (with gear down she looks like a stilt-walker ! ) but having seen the video (more than once !) i'll glady fork out the 10 bucks to give it a spin. Maybe it'll become a favourite !

Much kudos to this video editor !

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I wish it had Beer barrels and kegs in the bomb bay lol. She's a keeper for me, a rare WW2 bird. Off course they could also put sacks a manure in the bay lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I like it too!
    BYH (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BYH (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BYH (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

but the creative texture lay-out makes me wish I understood Blender...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I like it too!
    BYH (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BYH (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BYH (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

but the creative texture lay-out makes me wish I understood Blender...

There are so many new aircraft coming through at the moment that I was considering passing on this one, but if you are going to pump out liveries like the one above then I may be be forced to relent.
    It reminds me very much of a Harvard.
    Will you be doing a few more liveries?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post

There are so many new aircraft coming through at the moment that I was considering passing on this one, but if you are going to pump out liveries like the one above then I may be be forced to relent.
    It reminds me very much of a Harvard.
    Will you be doing a few more liveries?
    T43
    I have plans for the Austrian aircraft, and a Danish version for now...

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have plans for the Austrian aircraft, and a Danish version for now...
    Great!
    T43

AA (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BRO (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

BRO (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Just took it out for a flight in Jankees yellow livery.
    Had a look through the .cfg files to see if autopilot was there somewhere, but no luck so far.
    Anyone figured out how to enable a rudimentary AP for this aircraft as it would make long journeys easier on my eyes not to have to hand fly for 2 hours?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Just took it out for a flight in Jankees yellow livery.
    Had a look through the .cfg files to see if autopilot was there somewhere, but no luck so far.
    Anyone figured out how to enable a rudimentary AP for this aircraft as it would make long journeys easier on my eyes not to have to hand fly for 2 hours?
    T43
    The payware PMS50 GTN750 has an excellent AP built-in to it's menu bar pop-up window, BUT the aircraft itself needs to have an autopilot section in the systems.cfg and electrical power to it, also in the systems.cfg - impossible to access that with Marketplace aircraft, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    The payware PMS50 GTN750 has an excellent AP built-in to it's menu bar pop-up window, BUT the aircraft itself needs to have an autopilot section in the systems.cfg and electrical power to it, also in the systems.cfg - impossible to access that with Marketplace aircraft, unfortunately.
    I think it was in P3D, but quite a few aircraft that come out with no AP had coding in Sys.cfg or Panel, where you could change Autopilot=0 to Autopilot=1, or some other code tweak, and be able to run a basic AP after that.
    Which was handy for long flights. I can't stare at a screen for 2 hrs, sand papers my eyeballs.

Couple of flights in the B 17A & enjoying it. Its quick & has a fascinating pilots cockpit area with all sorts of switches & controls tucked into unusual places. Still learning it, but a worthwhile purchase.
    Waiting patiently for more Jankees magic in the livery Dept
    T43

Regarding the locked config files, it'd be soooo helpful if we could get all the Sim-Outhouse MSFS fliers to go drop a vote asking for MS to unencrypt config files on Famous Fliers, Local Legends, etc.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...g-files/529710

I was watching a video of this, why does at least one gauge have a red X over it?

Members who have read this thread: 0