Released - Iris Simulations T-6B

Thread: Released - Iris Simulations T-6B

Released - Iris Simulations T-6B

Good morning. Iris Simulations has released their T-6B, and it is available at this link:

https://store.irissimulations.com.au...ries-texan-ii/

Seems fairly systems intensive, and I flew it around the pattern a couple of times. Nice flight characteristics...very nice cockpit and external textures. Dave (Smudge) and the Iris crew look to have done a wonderful (as usual) on this.

Kent

Looks good but I am going to wait on the Blackbird version and get an idea between the two after they have been reviewed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations IRIS, but I am delighted that Blackbird Simulations (Milviz) has the T-6A in the works. For Canadians, the CT-156 (with the older instrument panel) will be the one to get. I have been a big fan of IRIS in the past, and had their new T-6B package included the earlier variant, It would be in my sim already! It will be good to have both versions eventually.

Notam

NOTAM...The HUD is not collimated. Just so you know before you buy.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Update out

Includes HUD collimation thanks due to Dino apparently

There is already a stickied thread about this aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    There is already a stickied thread about this aircraft
    So there is! For some reason, I was thinking PC-21. Now the two are merged.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Despite my earlier reservations, and my intent to wait and then pick up the Blackbird Simulations (Milviz) T-6A when it comes out for the Canadian CT-156, I went ahead and bought the IRIS T-6C yesterday. This was after reality finally dawned on me that the RAF now uses it as the Texan T.1

Well, all I can say is this thing is addictive round the Mach Loop... Great fun, and very stable to fly fast and low. I enjoy taking the Just Flight Hawk round the loop, but this Texan is fast enough to keep you excited, and slow enough to allow you to take in more detail of the scenery, detail you don't have time to notice at 420 knots!

No regrets buying this, and maybe somebody can get busy and build CFB Moose Jaw in preparation for the future release of the Canadian version.

Will try to get some Mach Loop screenshots on the next flight.

-Kenneth

I'm hanging still - I would like the IRIS T-6B with the now collimated HUD which is the version used by the US Navy but also want the US Air Force version the T-6A which is coming from Blackbird. Would like to see some UT reviews of the B model before taking the plunge on that but will probably end up with both !!

Charter Member 2011

My Word, the Price!

I am assuming this model must be close to study level authentic to warrant that sticker?
    I had thought the MSFS business model relied on volume sales.
    Maybe one should just wait for prices to be slashed by 75% on the Marketplace...

Oh, wow, I thought that was $34.99 AUD. It's USD? Yeah, I have the PC-21 from Iris already, so I'll hold out for the Blackbird T-6, I think.

Ah, okay, guessing whoever runs the Iris site didn’t take into account that people outside of .au would likely assume it was USD. $34 Australian is $23 US, which is a lot more reasonable. But when I went through the checkout process, there was zero indication it was AUD all the way to the PayPal link.

Charter Member 2011

Very Curious

... and since we're grousing about the storefront: there's no indication I could see of
    1. Which versions are represented
    2. Which liveries come with it

(!)

You can see the liveries on OrbX's site for the plane.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/iris-simulations-texan

I was checking it out as I have all of Iris's other MSFS planes and I like their work. But the cockpit is so similar to the PC-21 from them that I already have that I'm going to wait for the Blackbird T-6A, since it has the older analog instrument panel and will be a more different experience from the PC-21.

Charter Member 2011
    Ah, right! Under the Screenshots/More Screenshots!
    Where I see the RNZAF livery and so I'll buy it after all!
    Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 4