A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This is package 1 from 4 of the FS2004 version from the Bristol Fighter F.2B Mk.1, by Robert Bruce. This package does not not any other packages to function. Aircraft included in this file include 3 examples of the initial Mk.1 Bristol Fighter with short exhausts and 2 blade propellor. Aircraft depicted include C4800, C4619 and BR401.

Robert Bruce originally created this Bristol fighter for the CFS3 over Flanders Fields add-on. His aim was to create this model as detailed as possible. Based on the visual model a spearate version for Flight Simulator X has been produced and is available seperately from Avsim.

The FS2004 version is based on a modified version of the CFS3 mesh. Unfortunately due to limitations of the makemdl compiler/exporter for FS9, much of the virtual cockpit has been revised. The compiler also optimises the mesh. This is especially noticeable on small cockpit parts and also round cockpit parts when compared to the CFS3 and FSX versions.

While working on this model Robert Bruce has been diagnosed with soft-tissue cancer and not long after disappeared from the web and I lost contact with him. As far as I know the FS2004 version of this model has never been available on any of the larger flightsim sites. Therefore I have uploaded these files here. This is the original file as I received it in 2007. In his included license agreement Robert allows free distribution under certain conditions.

Robert Bruce, where ever you are, thanks for this beautiful model. I hope people will remember Robert while flying it.

Huub Vink
October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fiughter Part 1 of 4
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.