Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick

Thread: Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick

Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick

Anyone mounting this on a board and if so how? I have small desk/work area and thinking of mounting on a 14" x 20" thin plywood and holding on my lap.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Anyone mounting this on a board and if so how? I have small desk/work area and thinking of mounting on a 14" x 20" thin plywood and holding on my lap.
    Thanks
    I've had several of these Logitecs and like them (wear out after 10 years, maybe, sometimes damaged by coffee spills or the cat knocking it on the floor--).

Anyway, I use one of those laptop platforms made for your lap - made of plastic, has a cushion one one side to rest on your lap, the top has a non-skid pebble grain surface. Works great for me.

They are usually referred to as lap desks, not necessarily just for computers. Do a web search to avoid wasting time going to stores.

You can buy some of that rubbery, waffle weave matting in kitchen wares usually, glue it to a surface rather than mounting the joystick. It is a great anti-skid and makes storage, etc easier because you can store the platform and joystick separately.

My wife uses that matting in the bottom of the sink when she is scrubbing pots and pans to prevent damage to the sink, as I recall.

On my old desk with a 21 inch monitor, keyboard, and mouse there was little room for my Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick. My solution was to build an under-mount shelf for it with
    hinges so it would swing out for use then I'd unlock it when finished and it would swing back under the desktop.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    On my old desk with a 21 inch monitor, keyboard, and mouse there was little room for my Logitech 3D extreme pro joystick. My solution was to build an under-mount shelf for it with
    hinges so it would swing out for use then I'd unlock it when finished and it would swing back under the desktop.
    If you are not a handyman you can buy these types of under desk units as a kit with the necessary hardware

for example, see "Alera ALEVA312812BK Valencia Series 28 in. x 12 in. Underdesk Keyboard/Mouse Shelf - Black"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    If you are not a handyman you can buy these types of under desk units as a kit with the necessary hardware

for example, see "Alera ALEVA312812BK Valencia Series 28 in. x 12 in. Underdesk Keyboard/Mouse Shelf - Black"
    Good idea, Mike! Looks fairly inexpensive and 4 screws and it's up and running!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Secure joystick

Yo Jim;

I use a similar setup with the same stick.
    The wood plate (15" x 17") is big enough to hold the keyboard & joystick on my lap.

Use at least 1/2" thick plywood.

Secure the joystick using 2x 1 1/2" wood screws & 2x 1 1/4" flat "fender washers".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	92090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	92091

I've been using this set-up for many years.
    Hope it works for you.

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Thanks guys for all the responses. Dirt, yours may work best for me. I have been having a lot of issues with my Thrustmaster TM16000 holding level flight . Hard to hold on target. Slightest movement takes me off. Tried trimming,sensitiveity adjustments etc etc. Even got another one and still issues. I though I might try the Logitech . I never had issues with the ms joystick from the early days. I wore mine out a long time ago learning.
    I am going to work some more with my Thrustmaster. I have been away from flying for a while as SW 07 says--Life issues.
    Thanks again.
    If I go with Logitech I will post my results.

Members who have read this thread: 0