Spitfire Mk.Ia P9594 No.610 Squadron

Thread: Spitfire Mk.Ia P9594 No.610 Squadron

Spitfire Mk.Ia P9594 No.610 Squadron

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military repaints - WWII

Description: This package contains textures for the payware FS2004 Spitfire by Aeroplane Heaven/JustFlight. These textures depict the Spitfire P9495, coded DW-K, as it was flown by No.610 squadron during the early stages from the Battle of Britain.

No.610 squadron RAF received 4 Spitfires Mk.Ia which used the code DW-K. The Spitfire P9495 was the second one, which replaced the Spitfire N3289 coded DW-K, which flown by Flying Officer J K Wilson and reported lost in air operations over Dunkirk, France, 29 May 1940.
    Spitfire P9495 was part of the 3rd production order and originally had "white and night" undersufaces, which were repainted in Sky type S, when the aircraft arrived with the squadron, early June 1940.
    The aircraft was flown by the pilots S.J.Arnfield, P.Litchfield, J.Ellis and D.F.Corfe. On August 12 it was flown by Stanley John Arnfied. P9495 was severly damaged during this mission, and although the pilot managed to perform a safe landing, it was scrapped soon after.
    There are many pictures of this aircraft, mainly from the 610 squadron formation flight, performed 26 June 1940 or taken at Hawkinge on 29 June 1940. None of these pictures show serials at the fuselage. These could be removed from the pictures by a censor, but nevertheless I have chosen not to piant these serials at the fuselage.

I wish to thank the guys from Aeroplane Heaven for making this very nice model, which was the perfect canvas for my repaints. And I wish to thank JustFlight for making a free demo from this model available at their site. And last but definitely not least, Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Spitfire Mk.Ia P9594 No.610 Squadron
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

[

Hi huub
    Found a couple of miss spots in your paintings

This is on retail version of. The ah spits.

Cheers mav

Blog Entries
    Hi Mav,
    I don't think those gaps have anything to do with Huub's paints. I have the same model you do with the same issues when I installed some of Huub's earlier paints. This is probably the results of some slight difference in the model or it's texture mapping.

I am seeing these issues with the Just Flight demo model and thought this might be intentional to "convince" users of the demo to buy the package.

However I could easily correct the issues with some copy and pasting on the texture sheet.

If Huub doesn't mind I can make the corrected textures available.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    [

Hi huub
    Found a couple of miss spots in your paintings

This is on retail version of. The ah spits.

Cheers mav
    Hi Mav,

That is really strange. Below is how the textures look on the model I have. Like most older AH models there is some distortion as Bazz tried to model all details which often resulted in distorted textures.

My model is from the "AH Spitfire Early Merlins for FS2004" set. Which was the first of 3 sets. The others were "AH Mid-war Merlins for FS2004" and the last one was "AH Sptifire Griffons for FS2004". I think this was the very first release.
    The model file I have is dated 14-4-2005 2:44.

It could be possible that Just Flight asked Bazz to solve these distortions, which resulted in difffernt texure lay-out (and a newer model of course)

@Hartwig please feel free to make any changes to the textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

Cool

Hi huub
    You're right... just flight put out an update package v1.1 or something to fix the issue in 07 ...seems like I used the earlier model for my.cfs2 conversions... all good.... tho I have the redo the cfs2 stuff again.... that's alot of models!! Lol Cheers

Huub

Skin looks as it should with the updated mdl...just have to do cfs2 stuff ... like the vc gunfight. Fix animation to the rudder and add lods.... again.... but all good.

Cheers mav

Thanks for letting me know Mav. I did the textures in 32-bits format, so these need to be converted into dtx3 as well, before people can use them in cfs2

Cheers,
    Huub

Period ATC id for 610 Sqn is "DOGROSE"

Members who have read this thread: 0