Allen's A6M3 Zeros

Thread: Allen's A6M3 Zeros

Allen's A6M3 Zeros

I am working on a fresh install, and when I installed Allen's A6M3 zeros, the pilot figures are missing their textures. How can I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I am working on a fresh install, and when I installed Allen's A6M3 zeros, the pilot figures are missing their textures. How can I fix this?
    Are they activated in the .dp file? And do you have the correct weapon package installed. My cfs2 days are long behind me, but this is one of the more common problems I can still remember.

Cheers,
    Huub

IIRC Allen tends to use the Sims stock pilot figures for his aircraft model revamps, so this issue suggests the JAP_Pilot might be missing from the AIRCRAFT folder?

In a stock install, the CFS2/TEXTURE folder contains 2 texture bitmaps, ja_pilot_1.bmp, and ja_pilot_2.bmp. These are the textures that the stock aircraft, the OH versions, and Allen's adaptations of the stock Japanese aircraft use to texture the Japanese pilots.

If these are missing from this folder, the Japanese pilot figures will not have textures.

It sounds like these bitmaps are not in that folder. You can find a copy of these texture bitmaps in the CFS2/MODELS/JA_PILOT folder files (these are the files for the bailing out pilot). Copy these and paste them in the CFS2/TEXTURE folder and your pilot should get his colors back.

P.S. this is also the case for the USA pilots.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

When I rebuild the model all textures got changed to the 8.3 filename convention (ja_pilot_2.bmp became JA_PIL~2.bmp) gMax and Windows/CFS2 was fine was fine with this and would load the pilot textures from Combat Flight Simulator 2\MODELS\JA_PILOT or US_PILOT so I would forget to change the names for small things like the pilot.

Than "Win" 10 changed how the 8.3 filename convention worked with "Win" 10 and CFS2, AKA broke it. Just find the ja_pilot_1.bmp and ja_pilot_2.bmp textures (Combat Flight Simulator 2\MODELS\JA_PILOT.) and copy them to the Aircraft's texture folder should fix this.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

UncleTgt, Capt Kurt Huub Vink, and Allen,

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately copying the JA Pilot textures from the models folder in to the main CFS2 texture folder, and also in to the aircraft texture folder for the Zeros. But that didn't fix the issue. None of Allen's other stock conversion aircraft seem to have this issue. I have also tried re-downloading these two and reinstalling them as well. Still no dice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	92005
    Last edited by Browncoat; October 16th, 2023 at 17:38.

Put the pilot textures in to the AIRCRAFT's texture folder.

Hi Allen,

Looking back on my post, I hastily wrote it, so it didn't come across clearly. I did as you recommended. I placed the JA Pilot textures within the textures folder for both of your A6M3 Zeros. That didn't work for my system. I also added those textures to the main CFS2 texture folder as Capt. Kurt recommended. That additionally also did not work for my system. I appreciate the help.

Figure 1: Aircraft's texture folder

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	245.0 KB 
ID:	92006

Figure 2: How the Zero looks in CFS2, after adding in JA Pilot textures

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	92007

You can try renaming the pilot textures you copied to the aircraft's texture folder from ja_pilot_1.bmp to JA_PIL~1.bmp and ja_pilot_2.bmp to JA_PIL~2.bmp

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You can try renaming the pilot textures you copied to the aircraft's texture folder from ja_pilot_1.bmp to JA_PIL~1.bmp and ja_pilot_2.bmp to JA_PIL~2.bmp

That worked! Thanks Allen!

Members who have read this thread: 0