New airshow scenery (freeware) coming soon....

Thread: New airshow scenery (freeware) coming soon....

New airshow scenery (freeware) coming soon....

A guy named "Eazynotsoeazy Eazynotsoeazy" on a Facebook group posted these pictures today of a scenery he created, and will be uploaded to Flightsim.to very soon. NC385771538_277593325090139_7495446455143516303_n by retnavycpo, on Flickr385067737_277593285090143_2499266255769391030_n by retnavycpo, on Flickr385053993_277593158423489_3309948340382584026_n by retnavycpo, on Flickr

Thanks for posting this, Chief. Will definitely be watching for it.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Thanks Chief, reminds me of my week at Oshkosh. Good work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

the scenery looks impressive - lots of very nice detail.
    ..ought to be popular among the barnstormers - SUPER cool
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

It's beautiful, my dream is a flyable B-17
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I wonder about those planes passing by. Might they be part of the scenery?

Also, do we know what's the supposed location?

It looks like Dallas Executive, home of the Commemorative Air Force. That's the Dallas skyline in the background of one pic and it has a runway 17.

August

I don't have any more info to offer about this forthcoming scenery. I am a little disappointed it hasn't been posted yet, because I was under the impression it would be imminent.....

Blog Entries
    Strange that it includes a Short Sterling but hey-ho, that's good.

It also has more Douglas TBDs than you would see at a typical airshow (i.e. none exist, at least above sea level) but these are assets we have seen before in other airshow sceneries like Le Ferte Alais or Oshkosh and they are welcome for the atmosphere even if not quite accurate.

For bonus points it would be great if someone placed correct types and skins in an airshow scenery and this appears to have been done here to a limited extent, with the lost CAF B-17 Texas Raiders, the surviving B-17 Sentimental Journey, and what looks like Aluminum Overcast depicted, but also some fantasy skins. It looks like at least 2, maybe 3 different B-17 3D models are used. Scenery devs are limited by what is available in the various libraries and asset packs, and I might expect a payware dev to create their own, but not a freeware guy. This looks like a perfectly nice "event" scenery to drop onto the Dallas map when we feel like flying in front of a crowd.

I will be interested if it does have animated flyby patterns and pyro as it seems to have in the screen shots, as that would be a welcome innovation that I have not seen before in MSFS.

August

I think that for most users, MSFS is more "game" than sim, even if they do take their flying seriously. I know that for me, it's an escape to an imaginary world where I'm often transporting things like rum from Puerto Rico to Saint Thomas, or shrimp from Galveston to Dallas. I've even done a few illicit runs of cigars from a small field outside of Havana to an "undisclosed location" in the Florida Keys. Being able to see or even fly virtual examples of planes that are no longer with us are just icing on the cake for that world.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1