Back in the FSX Fold

Thread: Back in the FSX Fold

Back in the FSX Fold

Well, I've wasted more than enough time acting as an unpaid beta tester for MSFS. It has never worked properly and now that the ATC has packed up I have finally wiped it. Thank goodness I didn't waste a lot of money on addons. It's back to a sim that works for me.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    MSFS has never worked properly
    I am really surprised

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Well, I've wasted more than enough time acting as an unpaid beta tester for MSFS. It has never worked properly and now that the ATC has packed up I have finally wiped it. Thank goodness I didn't waste a lot of money on addons. It's back to a sim that works for me.
    That's why I didn't follow the crowd & stuck with FSX. It might not be as flashy but it does what I want it to do. The mandatory updates did it for me, have other games that constantly update & break your current mods. Spent more time chasing updated mods than playing the games.

I liked the concept of MSFS and it's 10 year plan. I never did make the jump to MSFS and now I'm glad that I did not. If I want or need a 64-bit flight sim, I'd switch to P3D.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Kept Both But

I still have FSX because I create and test for here for both sims. I have and fly P3D V4.5 and I love it. A whole lot of the stuff i created or repainted for FSX works beautifully and its 64bit tech with Windows 10 64bit "play nice together most of the time" and I get better fps from the same planes/sceneries than in FSX because of it not being RAM dependent. :Not all payware aircraft though and had to get the P3D V4 versions for the ones I wanted to use. Milviz free and Aerosoft free P3DV4 work really well and the price is right. Gray Eagle has had a lot of success with stuff that I created in V5+ too once we tweaked them together.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Aerosoft free P3DV4
    Which free Aerosoft products???

Regards,

Aharon

Interesting to see how popular FSX still is. I don't have hardware suitable for MSFS or XP12. Can't afford to upgrade at the moment so still use XP11 occasionally.

I use AF4 a lot and it looks and performs superbly for me...even developed some aircraft for it but so much work involved. It's biggest weakness for me is the limited choice of aircraft.

In FSX I can fly pretty much any plane I want, anywhere I want... so been using FSX quite a bit myself lately... I'd forgot how great it all is with the add-ons I have. A lot of ORBX stuff helps with making the landscape more believable and so many great planes.

Matt

Mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Which free Aerosoft products???

Regards,

Aharon
    Sorry to mislead you, I meant Aeroplane Heaven NOT Aerosoft. Go to ORBX and you will see all they are hosting for free downloads

I'm happy flying in FSX, FS9, and CFS2. Anyway, my current computer rig would probably not run MSFS beyond a slide-show frame rate so no big deal. I recently went back to CFS2 because I missed the air combat, and also folks like Capt Kurt and Shessi continue to create new planes.

I'm flying F2004, FSX, CFS2, CFS3 and just made the leap to P3DV4.5. I very much all of my sims.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Sorry to mislead you, I meant Aeroplane Heaven NOT Aerosoft. Go to ORBX and you will see all they are hosting for free downloads
    Ahhh not problem. I know about free Aeroplane Heaven products.

Regards,

Aharon

The Mitchel wing was free to download from Aerosoft.
    https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...ing-v101-here/

Just copy the europe link into your browser and it will still download the file, doesn't seem to work directly from the post on chrome for me.

The other link is dead.

Members who have read this thread: 1