Captain Sim 717-200

Thread: Captain Sim 717-200

Captain Sim 717-200

The modeling looks good for such a limited developer. I wonder where they bought it, and how accurate the flight dynamics are...

https://captainsim.net/products/m712/m717/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Doesn't look like the TFDi model, but the main question is why? Not the most popular tubeliner for most, would've much rather seen the 757 updated to MSFS code or a few others from their older catalog (BUFF!).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Doesn't look like the TFDi model, but the main question is why? Not the most popular tubeliner for most, would've much rather seen the 757 updated to MSFS code or a few others from their older catalog (BUFF!).
    perhaps because another team working on a 757? and there was no 717 on Radar before!? at least that would be my guess

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    More Commercial/regional airliners the better same for commuter/Bush, business, medical, the Better. Also remembering Midwest Airlines and cookies on a Boeing 717-200. MidWest was always my USA Domestic Go To. Now I use Air Canada or WestJet, once in Canada switch to Canadian North.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

As someone who likes to fly in Hawaii, I'm all for a 717. Hawaiian flies them, and I was on one late last year.

This one is at least a step up from the C-130, but while it models a 717 cockpit, it uses A320neo systems. :-( Which are not like Boeing displays.

I might live with that, but I worry that the flight modeling is not mentioned at all on their website. Does that mean they just lifted the A320 flight model too? Which is an FBW flight model that would be very wrong for a 717.

Here is a review on it. Very interesting. It seems to have a good bit of functionality. I may give it a shot, it's not expensive and looks good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmD7Lqhtkk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Review does seem to sum it up. I have a bud that flew them for what seems like forever as DAL will not retire them. On the MSFS add-on list site, there is no 717 WIP, maybe CS decided based on that.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

it is one of their better offerings in recent time ;-)

Okay, I bit the bullet and bought it and the livery pack. It's actually not bad and the autopilot was pretty stable once I got the hang of it. The graphics to me are at least a generation behind in some ways but maybe on par in other aspects (mixed shape and texture blending). It flies okay, a little touchy in the roll axis, the pitch and pitch trim feel a bit unnatural. I agree with the reviews that it is a good model for average users who are just looking to jump in and go but in my opinion, this model could be improved to higher levels of realism if the Developers decide to go that route.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1