Inibuilds Saab B17

Thread: Inibuilds Saab B17

Inibuilds Saab B17

Looks like the next Local Legend will be the Saab B17. Expected 31/10. Definitely looking forward to this one!

Saw some pics over on FSElite, looks great!
    https://fselite.net/content/septemberdevstreamrecap/

Nice! I love the old Swedish aircraft! This is a must buy on day one! Also excited to see a MU-2 in that list! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What an unexpected and outstanding choice. I can't wait to fly that.

The gear streamline fairings are quite big. Wonder why they didn't a gear setup more like the TBD Devastator.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Nice! I love the old Swedish aircraft! This is a must buy on day one! Also excited to see a MU-2 in that list! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just hope they give us 4-blade options for the MU-2...Bryant...we are so similar in our aircraft likes, it sometimes frightens me...

Kent

P.S. Still waiting for a J-29 Tunnan for MSFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The gear streamline fairings are quite big. Wonder why they didn't a gear setup more like the TBD Devastator.
    As the aircraft was designed as a dive bomber the idea is you can lower the gear and use it as a dive brake

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    As the aircraft was designed as a dive bomber the idea is you can lower the gear and use it as a dive brake
    Ah, I see. Thanks!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

I also find the Saab 17 an interesting choice. Looking back at the aircraft Microsoft has sponsored, this seams to be the first combat aircraft. They had done transports in the JU-52 and DHC-4 and the L-39's and P-51 in the air races packs had been de-militarized, but this seams to be the first one that is still in its combat configuration.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I just hope they give us 4-blade options for the MU-2...Bryant...we are so similar in our aircraft likes, it sometimes frightens me...

Kent

P.S. Still waiting for a J-29 Tunnan for MSFS!!!
    Good evening Kent! Hope you've been well Sir! Yeah, we're certainly big fans of the MU-2 and many of the same great aircraft. I too hope for the MU-2B-60 Marquise. As soon as I saw this last night I emailed Captain Dave B. (737 Capt SWA) to see if he heard about which of course he did. He lamented the very same that he (we) had hoped for the 4 blade long body Moo but I am hoping that we will see Flysimware rebuild their model to the same or better standard as their Cessna 414. I bet it's not terribly far off so we should have a pair of really great Moos to fly. Personally, I am looking forward to the challenge of flying the MU-2F model with the short body and 3 blade props. Should be fun, a bit squirrely. I want to fly it off 2NCO and Elk River airports here in North Carolina which are about as challenging as they come. Hopefully Inibuilds, Asobo/Microsoft and Mitsubishi will get everything squared away on the licensing soon so we can have a crack at this little Prop Rocket.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bryant - I misread your reference to Elk River (NC06) and looked up Elk City (S90). Ended up in ID. I don't think I'd want to try an MU-2 there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Bryant - I misread your reference to Elk River (NC06) and looked up Elk City (S90). Ended up in ID. I don't think I'd want to try an MU-2 there.
    I have actually flown into NC06 years back, it's a tight fit for sure but when there, I saw Super King Air's coming in so I suspect an MU-2 would be okay there if flown by the numbers. Here is a video of a Dassault Falcon 10 Jet landing and departing there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbrInNwvlac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darn, I did it again I thought the video would be of the curved strip in Idaho. I said "No way!". Then I recognized NC.
    I have to brush up on my reading comprehension.

Falcon 10s and 20s were/are my favorite little jet.

Members who have read this thread: 0