Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I've located a candidate yellow tip C-47 prop (dds) and copied it to the mt cook texture but it didn't change. So what is the secret to make it happen?
    Did you rename the file exactly like the one you replaced? propdisk.dds in the Texture file
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Charlie, all the C-47 props have the same file name i.e. propdisk.dds but each texture may have different color prop blades/tips. Some blades are black some are metal color
    some tips are yellow some are red etc. Just copying a yellow tipped propdisk.dds didn't quite cut it. Know what I mean vern?

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Did you rename the file exactly like the one you replaced? propdisc.dds

Here is a curious question. The propdisk.dds is for a spinning prop. My question is....do the yellow or whatever colors match spinning versus a prop at rest on a non running engine?

Just my crazy way of thinking....I wonder if the prop at rest uses the propdisk.dds in the main texture folder and the spinning prop uses the propdisk.dds from the texture.XXYYZZ folder for the individual paint job?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Let me put it this way.......when I examine each C-47 propdisk.dds for each livery in DXtbmp and as I will reiterate some have same or different color prop tips. Some are red tipped and some
    are yellow tipped and some no color at all. Having said that....logic would have me copy or replace a non colored prop tipped prop with one from another livery that is.
    Yet when I do that, there is no change ergo this post.

Here is a curious question. The propdisk.dds is for a spinning prop. My question is....do the yellow or whatever colors match spinning versus a prop at rest on a non running engine?

Just my crazy way of thinking....I wonder if the prop at rest uses the propdisk.dds in the main texture folder and the spinning prop uses the propdisk.dds from the texture.XXYYZZ folder for the individual paint job?

Just trying to be thorough. Are you looking at the prop while spinning or with the engine off or both? Are you making the changes with the Sim running, if so, are you reloading the aircraft after making the change.

Sorry! I know these seem like dumb questions, but gotta ask to eliminate obvious problems.

Just trying to be thorough. Are you looking at the prop while spinning or with the engine off or both? Are you making the changes with the Sim running, if so, are you reloading the aircraft after making the change.

Sorry! I know these seem like dumb questions, but gotta ask to eliminate obvious problems.
    I've done all the above you mentioned.

I've done all the above you mentioned.
    OK, I'vs shot my wad on this one! Time for the baseball bat to be used!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    The prop tips are yellow.
    Thanks Pete!! I have successfully imported the propeller textures with yellow tips from an airline livery folder to Tgycgijoes's two amazing Mount Cook livery repaints to enhance real world realism and the spinning does show yellow on edge of "round spinning".

Regards,

Aharon

I've located a candidate yellow tip C-47 prop (dds) and copied it to the mt cook texture but it didn't change. So what is the secret to make it happen?
    You have not mentioned what flight sim????? FSX or P3D?????

What is exactly file name for your propeller texture with yellow tip??? Also, did you remember to delete the previous propeller texture in order to accept the replacement propeller texture with yellow tips?

Most of times, the file name propdisk.dds will work. If not, try to change the file name to propdisk1.dds. I have 45 liveries for Jahn DC-3/C-47. Most of the liveries has file name called propdisk.dds Some liveries have file name called propdisk1.dds Do not ask me why. I have no idea why except either way works well for me so I do not question this bizarre method!!

Regards,

Aharon

For my FXS, the answer is yes. It will show yellow tips whether it is spinning or not.

Regards,

Aharon

Icon5

Important question to New Zealand experts named Mrogers and PeteHam:

Where can I find free old NZMC Mount Cook airport charts please for arrival and departure using airline propeller and jet planes, please? The internet shows only current NZMC charts only for use of helicopters. I would need old NZMC airport charts for DC-3s/C-47s and HS748 planes please.

Thanks for any assistance any of you might provide.

Regards,

Aharon

Successfuil Propeller Tips

Please share file with the yellow tips with all here through whatever download medium you use ie. Dropbox; Mediafire; Google etc. I found the file and will upload it to my textures. Let me know if I need to upload or you are going to here.

Just Found On Google

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post

Where can I find free old NZMC Mount Cook airport charts please for arrival and departure using airline propeller and jet planes, please? The internet shows only current NZMC charts only for use of helicopters. I would need old NZMC airport charts for DC-3s/C-47s and HS748 planes please.

Regards,

Aharon
    Check this out: https://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/2...autical-charts The last post shows where to look and then you have to go through the whole list for a lot of Mount Cook charts in jpg to download but I think it's all you could want.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Please share file with the yellow tips with all here through whatever download medium you use ie. Dropbox; Mediafire; Google etc. I found the file and will upload it to my textures. Let me know if I need to upload or you are going to here.
    I got the yellow tips from the Buffalo Livery for the C-47 Ver 3.14 from AVSIM Library buffalo_c-gjkm.zip

Thanks

I got the yellow tips from the Buffalo Livery for the C-47 Ver 3.14 from AVSIM Library buffalo_c-gjkm.zip
    I found mine in a P3D version with a lot of repaints. Interestingly, the "texture" folder has modern military white-red-white tips and I did notice that every repaint texture and there a lot have different propdisk.dds file. If you remember the old TV show with Arty Johnson as a German soldier: "verrrry interestingk...but shtupid!" LOL!

SOH-CM-2020

Regards,

Aharon

I'll have a look in some of my old visual & instrument Flight Guides to see what I can find.

Pete.

Check this out: https://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/2...autical-charts The last post shows where to look and then you have to go through the whole list for a lot of Mount Cook charts in jpg to download but I think it's all you could want.
    Thanks, Tgycgijoes

Darn Out of my luck.

Meanwhile using your hyperlink, I found old NZMC airport charts but they do not help me.

https://geodatahub.library.auckland....ook-2_1970.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland....ook-1_1966.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland....-Pre2_1954.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland....-Pre3_1957.jpg

I guess it is completely visual for me to fly DC-3s/C-47s and HS-748s to NZMC using river as guide for me to head to runway 31.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I'll have a look in some of my old visual & instrument Flight Guides to see what I can find.

Pete.

Thanks Much appreciated!! Hope you can find!!!!! Mount Cook Airline used DC-3/C-47s, HS-748s, and ATR planes for NZMC airport services.

There used to be IFR AIP charts for NZMC for when Mount Cook took the ATR's there in Summer 2012/2013. They were still in circulation in the manuals up until at least 2020

That is what I have to look for and try to find it on Internet!!

Regards,

Aharon

SOH-CM-2020
    It will be a couple of days before I'll be able to check out my old Instrument Flight Guide.

It's an old one, probably around the early - mid 90's.

All my flying these days is VFR.

Pete.

Yellow Prop Tips

Last night Gray Eagle found why he and I couldn't get the prop tips yellow as they were. I should have picked up on this when I opened up the Object Hierarchy and the props said Material: C47_1_T. Hidden in the upper right corner of that texture file are prop blades and each is different on each different texture's file some plain like ours; some yellow; some black with yellow from WWII etc. The propdisk.dds is the SPINNING PROP the C47_1_T is the STILL PROP. I am going to correct them today and upload a (I hope) final fix to these two livery repaints I've created for everyone to download and replace the existing ones with. Hope you all have a good day and check here a little later this morning (afternoon or evening where you are)

Full Updated File

Well, as promised, here is the Mount Cook Lakeside Tourist file successfully updated. Replace your entire folder with this one it has the correct spin prop with yellow tips too.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s2f71...tcook.zip/file

Last night Gray Eagle found why he and I couldn't get the prop tips yellow as they were. I should have picked up on this when I opened up the Object Hierarchy and the props said Material: C47_1_T. Hidden in the upper right corner of that texture file are prop blades and each is different on each different texture's file some plain like ours; some yellow; some black with yellow from WWII etc. The propdisk.dds is the SPINNING PROP the C47_1_T is the STILL PROP. I am going to correct them today and upload a (I hope) final fix to these two livery repaints I've created for everyone to download and replace the existing ones with. Hope you all have a good day and check here a little later this morning (afternoon or evening where you are)
    Thanks! That confirms what I suspected all along!

Finding an approach course to any listed airport

There used to be IFR AIP charts for NZMC for when Mount Cook took the ATR's there in Summer 2012/2013. They were still in circulation in the manuals up until at least 2020

That is what I have to look for and try to find it on Internet!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Aharon, you might try the Generic GCA (V2.1) setup , which can be installed in any panel, preferably prop driven aircraft. It will connect to your AP and set you on a course to any airport anywhere, and talk you down to a runway threshold, too, if needed. Various levels of complexity can be dialed in, so reading the manual is strongly recommende.

Download is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=117314

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Aharon, you might try the Generic GCA (V2.1)
    Thanks for interesting tip! Always pleasure to hear from you!! I always am enjoying your C-47/DC-3, C-97/KC-97 Stratofreighter, and all Constellations! Thank you for your great contributions to the wonderful world of flight simming.

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 1