Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Icon5 Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Shalom and greetings,

Do any of you have or can any of you please be kind enough to paint Mount Cook livery for latest version 3.12 Jahn C-47/DC-3 model base, please?

If you have the livery as seen on the photos below, please let me know the name of repainter so that I can ask him or her permission FIRST before asking you to send me the livery because it is against copyright rules to re-distribute liveries without permission from repainters.

Look at the wings

Thanks,

Aharon

Simulator

Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures. I did not see any repaints for the DC3 only other aircrafts for Mount Cook...

I checked the inventory here for aka Wild Bill Kelso artwork and that particular Dc-3 was not listed so it looks like it has not yet been done. It does look nice.

I did find some ai aircraft in that livery

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...ia&DLID=218707

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures. I did not see any repaints for the DC3 only other aircrafts for Mount Cook...

This Helps

This will give the repainter the tail logo and the colors to match in the particular favorite painting program (mine is Adobe Photoshop now that I have learned its intricacies). I think that unless someone more talented than I steps up and volunteers to do this, I'll "give it a go" this week in spare time. I have a busy week teaching with tests to administer all week before quarter's end Friday. I'll post my progress here. I have to go and find what I did with the paint kit.

If painters like YoYo and Jankees had not left P3D for MSFS this one probably would of been done long ago.

This will give the repainter the tail logo and the colors to match in the particular favorite painting program (mine is Adobe Photoshop now that I have learned its intricacies). I think that unless someone more talented than I steps up and volunteers to do this, I'll "give it a go" this week in spare time. I have a busy week teaching with tests to administer all week before quarter's end Friday. I'll post my progress here. I have to go and find what I did with the paint kit.

This shade of blue looks faded or maybe the photos are old and faded; Some of the other MT Cook liveries are a vivid blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Shalom and greetings,

Do any of you have or can any of you please be kind enough to paint Mount Cook livery for latest version 3.12 Jahn C-47/DC-3 model base, please?

If you have the livery as seen on the photos below, please let me know the name of repainter so that I can ask him or her permission FIRST before asking you to send me the livery because it is against copyright rules to re-distribute liveries without permission from repainters.

Look at the wings

Thanks,

Aharon
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 10th, 2023 at 06:54.

I'd give it a go myself but I don't have the paintkit; I'm given to understand that it was withdrawn from the Library due to .... well, circumstances ..... and I've not been able to locate elsewhere.
    Andy

Too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I'd give it a go myself but I don't have the paintkit; I'm given to understand that it was withdrawn from the Library due to .... well, circumstances ..... and I've not been able to locate elsewhere.
    If it was withdrawn from the library then I don't believe that anyone can give it to you. I am fortunate to have it so I am going to try and do the repaint and will post progress here. I have a couple hours this afternoon and then will see what next week because i have "a full plate". It will be completed as time allows and that does not mean months like sometimes happens to us all. I think a week or two. Haven't ever flown in New Zealand since my one visit there was by ship on a stormy night a long time ago. Will be fun to virtually to fly around once this is completed.

Also Found This Online

Here is an earlier photo of the C47 in Mount Cook Airline Livery:

Mount Cook Airlines operated four DC3's from 1961 to 1978. I searched for a long time and cannot find when they updated the livery from this to the ones above which I assume was the last livery used on the DC3's. As Gray Eagle said above, the earlier blue above and the later blues are differant. The "lily" is the same just different sizes. After this they updated to the 748 and then ATRs as well as smaller aircraft like the DH6 twin Otter.

If it was withdrawn from the library then I don't believe that anyone can give it to you.
    And I wasn't asking anybody to do so, I am aware of the circumstances that led to its removal. I was simply expressing frustration that I was unable to help. Looks like my input is not welcome, so I'll steer clear from now on.
    Andy

Sorry I Misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    And I wasn't asking anybody to do so, I am aware of the circumstances that led to its removal. I was simply expressing frustration that I was unable to help. Looks like my input is not welcome, so I'll steer clear from now on.
    I certainly didn't mean that at all and please continue to add your input. I could not understand why it was no longer IN the library which is where I got i when it was first uploaded. I KNOW you were not asking anyone to send it to you. I am not aware of why it was removed and I AM not asking you to share that. Now to the purpose of this. I have found both these liveries and they were both used at different times. It seems from MY research and I will surely accept a correction from any New Zealanders who do know that the pale blue was used in the 1960s and the darker blue in the late 1960s and 70s up to when the C47/DC3 was retired. Interesting, in Flightsim.to there is a repaint for the Aeroplane Heaven DC3 in Mount Cook Livery for MSFS. I have their DC3 for P3D4.5. I may repaint that one to fly too for myself and can share too.

As We Said In the Navy

Belay MY LAST! I just opened up the MSFS texture folder for the AH DC3 and after some online searching and reading what the json "stuff" is and how you have to work with it, the experts can have the addons and I will continue to use Prepar3D continuing with its updates. Thank you but no thank you. Of course this is my personal opinion.

Choose Which One

Aharon,

Which repaint would you like to have the early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines or the Mount Cook Airlines darker blue with the larger "lily" (that's what the airline called the flower)?

I am sure I did not withdraw the paintkit here at SOH, though "circumstances" have become muddled by now. AFAIK Ted "Tufun"'s Monty C-47 should have the latest HD rivet configuration (requiring its own model), but basically the earlier versions should be OK, too.
    --Manfred

Search here for "P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip" and the 4K textures - but naturally that won't work in FSX. Sorry!

Waiting For Answers

Manfred,
    Thank you for hoppin' aboard and clearing things up. I still don't have answers from Aharon about what sim he is using and which of the two versions he would like a repaint of, I'm not doing both because of my available time now to do repaints etc. I have the paintkit and your fantastic C-47 so I will use that to do this. Empire Airways (a post here) is the last one I did of the C-47.

Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures.
    My apologies to you and all for forgetting to mention flight sim. I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I believe any P3Dv1-3 livery will work on FSX unless anybody corrects me and tells me I am wrong.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon,

Which repaint would you like to have the early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines or the Mount Cook Airlines darker blue with the larger "lily" (that's what the airline called the flower)?
    I would gratefully appreciate early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines please but I realize it is UP to you because it is your repaint, your work, your decision, and your masterpiece so whatever you want earlier livery or late livery is fine with me. I never interfere with any talented repainter's masterpieces or his fun to paint. Smiling. If you say it is up to me then I would gratefully appreciate early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines livery please.

Thank you for your kindness.

Regards,

Aharon

Your Choice

I would gratefully appreciate early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines please but I realize it is UP to you because it is your repaint, your work, your decision, and your masterpiece so whatever you want earlier livery or late livery is fine with me. I never interfere with any talented repainter's masterpieces or his fun to paint. Smiling. If you say it is up to me then I would gratefully appreciate early light blue Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines livery please.

Regards,

Aharon
    IMO since you were the requester, early light blue it shall be. If I find that I have more time then I will do both and put them in the Warbirds Library for everyone to share in FSX-P3D 1,2 &3. I fly P3D V4.5 and I am currently flying the Aerosoft CRJ in my sim around the Midwest my old home area. I will of course keep a copy for myself archived.

After school today I had to go and run 2 and a half hours of errands but one took me to my home airport 60J and a Kingair flew right over my head landing as I was parking at the supermarket which if you saw my virtual airport I created has it modeled. I like repainting and scenery when they cooperate and I am looking forward to this. Too bad PBR doesn't work in FSX, the natural metal would really look good.

More to come.........

early light blue it shall be.

one took me to my home airport 60J and a Kingair flew right over my head landing as I was parking at the supermarket
    Was the Kingair noisy or quiet plane when passing over you and your car?

Regards,

Aharon

Kingair

Was the Kingair noisy or quiet plane when passing over you and your car?

Regards,

Aharon
    two Pratt & Whitney PT6A-60A engines were NOT quiet but sounded really cool.

SOH-CM-2020
    I'm really looking forward to the release of the early Mount Cook livery.

Back in the day the light blue was the only colour I remember on the Mount Cook aircraft.

Thanks to all who are making this happen

Pete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the release of the early Mount Cook livery.

Back in the day the light blue was the only colour I remember on the Mount Cook aircraft.

Thanks to all who are making this happen

Pete.
    It is always encouraging to an "artist" when more than one person is interested in the completed repaint (or scenery) especially one who has seen the real thing. I hope to meet up to your expectations. Subscribe to this post and watch your emails for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    This shade of blue looks faded or maybe the photos are old and faded; Some of the other MT Cook liveries are a vivid blue.
    Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)
    Mark

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)
    I will create the early light blue livery for FSX first for ya'all.

Members who have read this thread: 1