Editing Aircraft Labels

Thread: Editing Aircraft Labels

Editing Aircraft Labels

Hello...Is it possible to change aircraft labels in mission from for example concrete or agate to say Just F4F Wildcat.And so on.

Many thanks

Yes, it's very easy. Open the mis file with any text editor. Scroll down to the [strings] section. At the bottom you'll see the list of aircraft names looking something like this: "name_string.0"=Argo.
    Simply change the name shown, in this case Argo, to anything you want or nothing at all if you don't want any name to show. Save and fly.

You might check out my Mission Building Handbook for other tips on how to hand edit your missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Coyote View Post
    Yes, it's very easy. Open the mis file with any text editor. Scroll down to the [strings] section. At the bottom you'll see the list of aircraft names looking something like this: "name_string.0"=Argo.
    Simply change the name shown, in this case Argo, to anything you want or nothing at all if you don't want any name to show. Save and fly.

You might check out my Mission Building Handbook for other tips on how to hand edit your missions.
    Many thanks Cody.
    That is a very detailed and comprehensive Handbook,and yes I now see where the labels are and how they can be edited.
    I take it as the in game missions have no mis file then these labels cannot be changed.
    Once again thankyou for the reply and the handbook.

All game missions are saved as .mis files. Check the campaigns and missions folders.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Sorry Allen I meant the original mis files that are installed with the game.Are these hard coded.Can they be changed in anyway so the aircraft labels can be changed.

Again. EVERY mission is saved as .mis file. Check the campaigns and missions folders and I guess lessons too if you want the training missions.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Again. EVERY mission is saved as .mis file. Check the campaigns and missions folders and I guess lessons too if you want the training missions.
    Yes I see now.They were not showing as a text file,so I assumed they were not text files.Thank you

Members who have read this thread: 0