c199 Fairchild

Thread: c199 Fairchild

c199 Fairchild

Hallo,

I installed the C-119 Fairchild in FSX via orbx but the both gauges “Options” or “Eyepoint too”l will not stay in vieuw.
    After selecting the option or the eyepoint gauge but the only thing i see is a glitch that the gauge will pop-up and then disappered within one second.
    I use FSX in Windows 11.

Hope you cane help.

Info, i ask The Aeroplaneheaven team the same question but they gave no help for FSX anymore.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

I didn't realize this aircraft was available so I installed it to check out your problem. I have Win10 Home Edition. The installation went as it should and after loading the airplane into the Sim (FSX/Accel) both the "Options" popup and the "eye point tool" display as they should. They only disappear if I change views (going from interior VC to exterior spot view) but that's normal.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I didn't realize this aircraft was available so I installed it to check out your problem. I have Win10 Home Edition. The installation went as it should and after loading the airplane into the Sim (FSX/Accel) both the "Options" popup and the "eye point tool" display as they should. They only disappear if I change views (going from interior VC to exterior spot view) but that's normal.
    Strange but thanks for the info, so perhaps something with windows 11.

rgds Willem
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Quote Originally Posted by willemkelder View Post
    Strange but thanks for the info, so perhaps something with windows 11. rgds Willem
    Possibly, or maybe try a new installation.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Already tryed it several times but no result.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Microsoft

I wonder if MS is doing it on purpose that every new version cooperates with FSX a little less (or worse) so that you have to buy MSFS. That would be fine if there MSFS would run on the systems that FSX does not have to buy a whole new computer/video card etc. and all new aircraft and scenery. Ya think?????

Just Downloaded And Installed

I opened up ORBX Central and just installed the Boxcar into my Prepar3d V4.5 and it works in THERE prefectly including the eyepoint screen. I don't fly FSX any more but just keep it for testing scenery or repaints/adaptations for folks who still use it. I have been able to port-over almost all my scenery into P3D4.5 but I have FSX aircraft (payware no less) that just won't work in it which is very disappointing. I am not going to buy any of them from the developers who have redesigned them for Prepar3D V4 and V5 because I just choose not to spend the money on them. I understand that they are a business and have no animosity, just my choice. I really applaud A2A, Aeroplane Heaven, Milviz/Blackbird and the other designers for sharing so many for free now that they have moved into the MSFS arena. If I ever do upgrade my systems to be able to run MSFS I will support them for their generosity to us.

Albeit that ORBX lists that aircraft for P3DV4, I found out that I can locate on my HD where is stores stuff for P3DV4 and copy it over to my addons in P3DV5 at use it there with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I opened up ORBX Central and just installed the Boxcar into my Prepar3d V4.5 and it works in THERE prefectly including the eyepoint screen. I don't fly FSX any more but just keep it for testing scenery or repaints/adaptations for folks who still use it. I have been able to port-over almost all my scenery into P3D4.5 but I have FSX aircraft (payware no less) that just won't work in it which is very disappointing. I am not going to buy any of them from the developers who have redesigned them for Prepar3D V4 and V5 because I just choose not to spend the money on them. I understand that they are a business and have no animosity, just my choice. I really applaud A2A, Aeroplane Heaven, Milviz/Blackbird and the other designers for sharing so many for free now that they have moved into the MSFS arena. If I ever do upgrade my systems to be able to run MSFS I will support them for their generosity to us.

Paratroopers

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Albeit that ORBX lists that aircraft for P3DV4, I found out that I can locate on my HD where is stores stuff for P3DV4 and copy it over to my addons in P3DV5 at use it there with no issues.
    I had an effect for airdrop of cargo or paratroopers for my C47 in FSX I believe from AVSIM which as an effect will work in P3D I am almost sure. It was originally created for Fallshirmjager and a Luftwaffe aircraft but they did a mod for modern paratroopers. I had to do some creative work on the bmp's for wwii 82nd and 101st AB.

Apparently, the C-119 already has the ability for para drops. Perhaps certain liveries have this ability.

A page from the manual:

I had an effect for airdrop of cargo or paratroopers for my C47 in FSX I believe from AVSIM which as an effect will work in P3D I am almost sure. It was originally created for Fallshirmjager and a Luftwaffe aircraft but they did a mod for modern paratroopers. I had to do some creative work on the bmp's for wwii 82nd and 101st AB.
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 3rd, 2023 at 06:51.

I wonder if MS is doing it on purpose that every new version cooperates with FSX a little less (or worse) so that you have to buy MSFS. That would be fine if there MSFS would run on the systems that FSX does not have to buy a whole new computer/video card etc. and all new aircraft and scenery. Ya think?????
    I agree with you every time when there is a new game you have to buy a new computor system even if your computor system is up to date.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    After some trouble shooting i reinstalled Sp1 and Sp2 for FSX again and the panels reappeared again
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Members who have read this thread: 1