No more modern military jet pilots

Thread: No more modern military jet pilots

No more modern military jet pilots

People,

After having had to reinstall the sim, and having problems doing so, the sim is now performing nicely on my new rig. I have one problem though, I don't have the modern military jet pilots anymore.

For obvious reasons, I'd like to get them back. Anyone has an idea? I thought about uninstalling the top gun pack and reinstalling it.

Any pointer or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

If you're referring to the two default military pilots visible in the Misc section under General Options, and you have the
    Simskunkworks SF260 installed, be aware the Simkunkworks plane replaces the two default (presumably American) military
    pilots with a single Italian Military pilot, as can be seen in the Misc section.

Why Simskunkworks chose to do that instead of just setting the Italian Military pilot as the plane's default, I don't know.
    The only way I can see know to get the two default military pilots back is to uninstall the SF260.

Hi RobM,

I already removed the pilots from the SF-260 package. I'll try removing the whole SF-260 package and report back.

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Thanks Rob, that did indeed do the trick. I hangared the SF260, et voilą, I have my military pilots back again.

I also agree on not seeing why anyone would do something so intrusive.

Thanks again for your help!!

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Blog Entries
    This is interesting. So, if I understand you correctly, installing the SF260 will put an Italian pilot in SSW's F-104? The Europeanization of the US continues. 😉
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Funnily enough I was just about to ask about the missing military pilots! It's been doing my head in trying to work out what the issue was, never occurred to me that the SF260 was the culprit! Doubly annoying as I enjoy flying the SF260 but also enjoy flying my military jets too, hopefully this issue will be remedied in a future update?Keith. ****ALSO DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW WHY WHATEVER I WRITE APPEARS DIFFERENT ONCE POSTED? AS IN ALL THE TEXT IS CONDENSED INTO ONE LINE OF SENTENCE WITHOUT SPACES BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS. I TYPE & INCLUDE SPACES/PARAGRAPHS AS PER NORMAL BUT ONCE POSTED IT ALL GETS CONDENSED INTO ONE CONTINUOUS LINE?*** Keith.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHippy1975 View Post
    Funnily enough I was just about to ask about the missing military pilots! It's been doing my head in trying to work out what the issue was, never occurred to me that the SF260 was the culprit! Doubly annoying as I enjoy flying the SF260 but also enjoy flying my military jets too, hopefully this issue will be remedied in a future update?Keith. ****ALSO DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW WHY WHATEVER I WRITE APPEARS DIFFERENT ONCE POSTED? AS IN ALL THE TEXT IS CONDENSED INTO ONE LINE OF SENTENCE WITHOUT SPACES BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS. I TYPE & INCLUDE SPACES/PARAGRAPHS AS PER NORMAL BUT ONCE POSTED IT ALL GETS CONDENSED INTO ONE CONTINUOUS LINE?*** Keith.
    Do you write here in the box, or in a word editor like Word? I usually write in Word, because the Spell Checker doesn't work for me here. I have to put two RETURNs to make a paragraph.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

If you haven't been following the SF260 release thread here on SOH, Postbaer61 has found a fix involving
    a minor amount of folder and Layout.json line renaming (post#20). If I may quote:

Problem with the pilot display

I simply renamed the folder Pilot_Military from"simskunkworks-aircraft-sf260\simskunkworks-aircraft-sf260\SimObjects\Humans\Pilot_Military" To"simskunkworks-aircraft-sf260\simskunkworks-aircraft-sf260\SimObjects\Humans\Pilot_Military_SSW" and have also changed the entries in the "layout.json" file from"Pilot_Military" to "Pilot_Military_SSW" thats all.This solves the problems with the default military pilot variant and we can select the pilot variants again as before.

I've tried and it works! It's a simple enough fix that hopefully SSW will see and incorporate in a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Do you write here in the box, or in a word editor like Word? I usually write in Word, because the Spell Checker doesn't work for me here. I have to put two RETURNs to make a paragraph.
    Hi jmig,I've been writing straight into the box. I'm finding it a little strange as the issue only recently started.Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0