CK F6F3 Hellcat GB ETO skinpack UT

Thread: CK F6F3 Hellcat GB ETO skinpack UT

CK F6F3 Hellcat GB ETO skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: GB ETO Skinpack for Capt Kurt's F6F3 Hellcat by UncleTgt

This is a collection of GB ETO repaints for the F6F3 Hellcat made by Capt Kurt for CFS 2.

I revised the DP file to use payloads more appropriate to UK use. It makes use of my GB Bombs.

I included a tweaked mdl file to show just a hint of sheen, plus more shiny canopy glass.

I needed to provided a single bomb pylon, as it seems initially the F6F was only cleared to carry a single bomb (at least in the ETO) by the FAA, plus I needed a sky coloured droptank. These are included in this zip.

The textures are:

"E - O" JV125 Aircraft flown by Lt Cdr Stan Orr of 804 sqn FAA, operating from HMS Emperor off the Norwegian coast during Operation Potluck A, 14th May 1944

"E - F" JV132 Aircraft used by Lt. Blythe Ritchie of 800 sqn FAA, flying from HMS Emperor off the Norwegian coast during Operation Hoops, 8th May 1944

"H" JV117 Aircraft operated by 1840 sqn FAA, from Eglington, N. Ireland, spring 1944. Pilot Jan Boon van Ochsee.

"E - L" JV131 Aircraft from 804 sqn FAA operating in support of the D-Day landings, June 1944

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location. Move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to
    Capt Kurt for developing an excellent multi-LOD Hellcat.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    AUG 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CK F6F3 Hellcat GB ETO skinpack UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

And...thank you for these as well!

Cheers

Shessi

Hi UncleTgt
    Thanks for all these goodies.
    Thanks also to Captain Kurt, Wolfi and the FDG Team for the original aircraft.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Nice job on these John.

Sruart277, just for clarification, the FDG team didn't have anything to do with these models.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you Captain Kurt, these look great.

msfossey

Great skins as always! Thank you!

Great looking skins for a great airplane!
    Thanks, John and Kurt!

UncleTgt,

Thanks for the nice set of texture files.

Andrew

Members who have read this thread: 0