A Bitch

Thread: A Bitch

SOH-CM-2024

A Bitch

Well Hell, just my day, I cannot upload a screenshot for a question on exclusion! MSFS is going to kill me yet, the program is an Xbox POS! Priller has trouble installing it. Only trouble I have is that it takes a quarter of a day to install it on an Ethernet getting 500 MBps, yet I can uninstall the SOB in less than a minute. No, what I have is CTD, BSOD, FlightSimulator.exe has stopped working "Close Program". It's like a beautiful woman who leads you on for a long time then disappears just when you're having fun! I sure hope MSFS 2024 is nothing like this game and it is a game because it's Xbox and it takes forever and a day to install and might work out of the blue sky and might not. Microsoft and Asobo, we want a SIMULATOR that's reliable everytime we go in to use it, not a POS game that has a mind of its own!

Cazzie

Cazzie,

Step back, take a deep breath, go to the fridge grab a cold one, find comfy place to sit, and slowly sip. Been there and done that. I'll bet you have Verizon "service".

Remember it's still just a game. Now, good luck!

Blog Entries
    HeHe, I love it. You sound like me. Rant on Caz. You have earned it. Except....what is an old man like you doing installing X-BOX? That is for kids. We Boomers install the basic, plain jane Windows version.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

At 57, I gather I am one of the "youngsters" in the group but I say it all the time, We're the REAL Grumpy Old Men (the movie). Being Curmudgeonly and Salty once in a while is a good thing. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Being Curmudgeonly and Salty once in a while is a good thing. lol
    Absolutely! And lol certainly too. Check this guy out (and the little one too. That's his son): https://youtu.be/kjaHndDS4TY

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    HeHe, I love it. You sound like me. Rant on Caz. You have earned it. Except....what is an old man like you doing installing X-BOX? That is for kids. We Boomers install the basic, plain jane Windows version.
    Oh no, I am not using Xbox for MSFS, I'm using a $3,000.00 PC and the sim from the MS Store. It's the fact that the sim is on an Xbox platform, which makes it a POS! XFINITY Ethernet Internet, 500 MBps, so it's certainly not my Internet Speed. You guys know I love to create liveries and scenery and I have beaucoup to finish and send up, but I cannot get this sim to stay open long enough to finish my projects, which I love as much as flying, because I am cripple and it helps pass the time of day from the redundant life I have to live. But with MSFS lately it's been like Groundhog Day all over again. And can anyone here tell me why I cannot send an attachment up?

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Well Hell, just my day, I cannot upload a screenshot for a question on exclusion! MSFS is going to kill me yet, the program is an Xbox POS! Priller has trouble installing it. Only trouble I have is that it takes a quarter of a day to install it on an Ethernet getting 500 MBps, yet I can uninstall the SOB in less than a minute. No, what I have is CTD, BSOD, FlightSimulator.exe has stopped working "Close Program". It's like a beautiful woman who leads you on for a long time then disappears just when you're having fun! I sure hope MSFS 2024 is nothing like this game and it is a game because it's Xbox and it takes forever and a day to install and might work out of the blue sky and might not. Microsoft and Asobo, we want a SIMULATOR that's reliable everytime we go in to use it, not a POS game that has a mind of its own!

Cazzie
    I said I'm never coming back here, but I read your post and have to mention that this happened to me early on with MSFS, and I hate to see others going through it as it made developing agonising for me for several months. BSOD, constant CTDs, unstable game, everything you have. I too assumed it was the game as other AAA titles worked normally, but it was not caused by the game. My problem was a dodgy overclocking and the PC ( GTX1080 system ) internals shorting-out due to stupid LED lighting designed to attract kids to buy PCs. The wires harden over time with heat, break, and if they touch the internals, trouble is caused! MSFS is also sensitive to over-clocking and basically doesn't like it. Asobo noticed that as a result of my problems, as I was talking to them about it throughout the issues.

I got my local computer guy to give my machine the once over. He switched off over-clocking, cleaned up the useless LED lights, and right after that the machine and the sim worked beautifully and still do - five years later - as I gave it to my daughter when I upgraded earlier this year. Developing went from a living hell to a joyful dream. MSFS on my current, non-overclocked GTX4090 system runs perfectly. My daughter still runs it also on the 1080 machine.

You may not want to hear it and it's of course possible that I'm wrong, but as it sounds almost identical to my issues, my money's on the PC being the cause.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Well said Dean, when I have had similar issues there always was the thought my problems were due to a bug in a program. Well over 90% of my issues were hardware problems or my computers configuration. Many times it was my overclocking attempts. I have also settled on the default settings. Since then very little if any issues. One more thing that makes real sense, I think I know computers as I came in on the ground floor of their development. (82 years old) Asking for help is always a good thing.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I said I'm never coming back here, but I read your post and have to mention that this happened to me early on with MSFS, and I hate to see others going through it as it made developing agonising for me for several months. BSOD, constant CTDs, unstable game, everything you have. I too assumed it was the game as other AAA titles worked normally, but it was not caused by the game. My problem was a dodgy overclocking and the PC ( GTX1080 system ) internals shorting-out due to stupid LED lighting designed to attract kids to buy PCs. The wires harden over time with heat, break, and if they touch the internals, trouble is caused! MSFS is also sensitive to over-clocking and basically doesn't like it. Asobo noticed that as a result of my problems, as I was talking to them about it throughout the issues.

I got my local computer guy to give my machine the once over. He switched off over-clocking, cleaned up the useless LED lights, and right after that the machine and the sim worked beautifully and still do - five years later - as I gave it to my daughter when I upgraded earlier this year. Developing went from a living hell to a joyful dream. MSFS on my current, non-overclocked GTX4090 system runs perfectly. My daughter still runs it also on the 1080 machine.

You may not want to hear it and it's of course possible that I'm wrong, but as it sounds almost identical to my issues, my money's on the PC being the cause.
    Indeed, heat is deadly for cables. Which is why every gaming rig should have the cable management done properly. On my rig, when you open the case, good luck on finding any pesky cable coming near components. You won't.

As for the rest, I agree completely. The firm where I had my rig built had put the RAM timing and speed on maximum, which caused the install of MSFS to go pear shaped. So I flashed the BIOS and put the speed and timing of the RAM on automatic, et voilą!

Making the MSFS exe run as administrator also helps a lot.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Yep. If this was just an MSFS problem, we'd all be as frustrated as poor Cazzie. Been there, and I know you just did a ton of work with your son to get the system stable after prior issues, so this has to be triple-frustrating.

I advocated for a fresh Windows reinstall with the earlier problems -- back up your data and nuke the drive from orbit -- and I stand by that. About a year ago, I had a stuttery, CTD-prone MSFS.

Turned off some auto-overclocking features in my BIOS, aircanned my fans and heatsinks, and reinstalled Windows from scratch, and I've had about 4 CTDs total (mostly with new MSFS betas) in the year since, and the stutters are gone. It's pretty darn solid nowadays if I don't mess with stuff.

(Nuke "Windows from orbit" has sadly been a solid troubleshooting cure since my days reviewing games at Computer Gaming World in the Win 95 days. I even worked on Windows for a couple of years, but I only fixed words, not the code. )

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    At 57, I gather I am one of the "youngsters" in the group but I say it all the time, We're the REAL Grumpy Old Men (the movie). Being Curmudgeonly and Salty once in a while is a good thing. lol
    At 51 I am grumpy, but not old!

It's like a beautiful woman who leads you on for a long time then disappears just when you're having fun!

Cazzie
    Yeah it“s called coitus interruptus. (I think it`s ok to post this among those fresh old guys)

Msoft Store / Library updates several times a week , don“t forget that , and the X-Box app is "most often" ~

HB

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post

This is perhaps the most helpful information I have had so far. And I have no doubt my RTX3080 is being overclocked, I am just too stupid to adjust it with the MSI App. My oldest son and his partner are coming in this weekend and they will do the job for me. But it's so strange. I can go in out of a blue sky and the program will work like a charm from beginning to end. Then again, I get the tragedy of sitting through constant CTDs, BSOD's, "FlightSimulator has stopped working: Stop program", it's just a frustrating "do-over" all over again and on a small rural airport, what one could do in an hour takes all day! I have been working on a slew on smaller North Carolina airports and have most done.. But due to persnicketiness of the program, I'm have to do them a little at a time. My favorite Developer's button is "Save Scenery", hit it often or you lose it.

And I noticed I still cannot Upload images to SOH. What gives?

Cazzie

And I noticed I still cannot Upload images to SOH. What gives?
    It could be your web browser, or the ad-blocker you're using with your web browser.

Cazzie are you running any mods?
    If so try disabling all of them and see if the CTD's stop, then try reenabling them one at a time to see if the CTD's return.
    It maybe one or more mods thats causing it, it was in my case when I had constant random CTD's
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

TI have been working on a slew on smaller North Carolina airports and have most done..
    Dare I hope that W88 is in that batch? There's already one out there, but the author took a little too much artistic license adding lots of stuff that's just not there. I can try to get pics if you need.

Then a couple of tidbits...

If you need to test the sim with no addons, start it up, then shut it down via the Task Manager to fool the engine into thinking it crashed.

For uploading images, make sure that pop-ups are allowed for this site. If you click the paperclip and nothing happens, look up top for a small icon that says your browser blocked a pop-up. Click that to adjust site permissions.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Dare I hope that W88 is in that batch? There's already one out there, but the author took a little too much artistic license adding lots of stuff that's just not there. I can try to get pics if you need.

Then a couple of tidbits...

If you need to test the sim with no addons, start it up, then shut it down via the Task Manager to fool the engine into thinking it crashed.

For uploading images, make sure that pop-ups are allowed for this site. If you click the paperclip and nothing happens, look up top for a small icon that says your browser blocked a pop-up. Click that to adjust site permissions.
    I have the Air Harbor you're speaking of. But no, I have not taken a look. Working in southern NC west of Charlotte. Just finished Lincoln County and Gastonia, Also knock Shelby out. MSFS had three hangers at Shelby, but all were incorrect, I excluded them and added all the hangers and buildings, albeit I always use Asobo and MS generic items, because they do not hit your FPS one bit and the downloads are smaller.I'll look at Air Harbor. That is one narrow strip. The airport in the screenshot is Shelby-Cleveland County Regional (KEHO).

And yep, Chrome's AdBlocker was not allowing me to send images up, fixed that!

Cazzie

Attachment 91595

And yep, Chrome's AdBlocker was not allowing me to send images up, fixed that!
    Looking better than ever Cazzie, outstanding!

You've earned your bud for the day! Glad to hear you're getting it all back, Caz!

Don BP

Members who have read this thread: 0