White dot in middle of screen?

Thread: White dot in middle of screen?

White dot in middle of screen?

I somehow ended up with a white dot in the middle of the screen display after a couple of updates ago. Not always, but it appears when changing aircraft using the dropdown menu in developers mode. Does anyone else have this, and how do I remove it?
    Cheers,
    Dave

It's a known bug that Asobo introduced in SU12, kind of fixed, and they're saying it'll be fixed fully in SU13.

If you don't have that beta, there's a file on flightsm.to that helps get rid of it, but it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    It's a known bug that Asobo introduced in SU12, kind of fixed, and they're saying it'll be fixed fully in SU13.

If you don't have that beta, there's a file on flightsm.to that helps get rid of it, but it doesn't work 100% of the time.
    Thanks - much appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Dave

It seems to be performance related. The only time I ever see it is when I'm in the Honda Jet, which is a major hog unless you run one of the "Lite" liveries, but this you give up on some functionality. I think part if it might be the automatic lighting system, but who knows...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The dot itself is apparently intended for use with Xbox controllers, to make up for them not having a cursor.

The white box around some avionics is part of the same thing, but I don't understand why Asobo hasn't just added an option to toggle those on or off somewhere.

It's not supposed to be there at all on a PC unless you're running the sim with a control pad and using the modern Lock interface - I think. The next Sim Update is supposed to fix the issue.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0