SBuilderX Assist Needed

Thread: SBuilderX Assist Needed

SBuilderX Assist Needed

I have posted this over at FSDeveloper however after many views I haven't gotten even a guess as to what is causing the problem. I am helping Richard with the satellite imagery for NAS_Argentia. The airport sits on a triangular peninsula which in terms of scenery basically renders it an Island with all the problems that incurs for scenery work.

1.) the default must be deleted, then that area must be filled with water
    2.) the Hydro Poly that fills that area must be manipulated to cause a hole to form around the Island allowing the new Satellite image to show through.

Image1 by Ed Wells, on Flickr NAS_Argentia-2023-aug-9-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

If the Island was free standing that would be the end of it, however being a peninsula it has attaching landmass which is affected by the hydro poly causing the poly to knock out a portion of the existing landmass away from the peninsula. I am trying to figure out how to clear that portion that's affected so that the default area is revealed and I can get this to Richard and he can complete his project.

Any help would be appreciated.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

As a point of reference, this is what the surrounding area looks like. The visible area in the center shows the QMID cell 13 and also shows that it cuts into the adjacent landmass away from the peninsula. I need to get that area back somehow.

QMID13 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

A Scenery Guru came to my rescue to show me how actually simple it was. Problem solved, now I can fine tune this and get everything to Richard.

Current System Specs:

That IS good news ED. I am for one very anxious to see how this scenery turns out and if it will work with P3DV5. I was once there as a Navy brat back in ~'55 on a stopover to Naples.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    A Scenery Guru came to my rescue to show me how actually simple it was. Problem solved, now I can fine tune this and get everything to Richard.

Members who have read this thread: 0