Hiede - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiede

Disabled American Veterans organiation response update:

I've learned that the DAV National organization has requested that individual chapters not send direct assistance donations to assist veterans, impacted by this tragedy. Instead, National will send out a call, in one or two weeks ( ) for all chapters to send whatever funds they can to them, and they will make the donation.

My Chapter officers and membership are angry about the delay, but will use the time to set up a local fund-raiser to get additional funds from the community to add to our Chapter funds. Our Chapter is already prepared to send a sizeable donation to National as soon a the call goes out.

Every disaster has parasites who try to take advantage of the situation. I hope something bad happens to them...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Just wondering here......

... if local people are encountering difficulties in trying to locate relatives and the area blocked off and no, or limited, cell , power service in some areas , how are these parasites getting in there to try to grab these victims land ? Really does seem like something there. Sounds like some BIG money backing there, with influence behind it..

There is a video clip a person took of fallen power lines starting a fire in Lahaina.The person that took it had a hose in his hand but it was long enough to reach the fire.He watched as the wind blew it up the road and spread.He watered his own house and property to save it.

As for others trying to buy the land,there's a few videos on that too.There is always a way to get into the town or a disaster area,I'm allowed because I have brought in about 2 tons of supplies to help.

I was asked if I would sell my property and I laughed and told them they couldn't afford it.

Hiede

Update

There is list of 400 so far those that have parish so far with more expected.As of now over 800 children are missing,many other people have still not been heard from.Many people jumped in the ocean to get away from the fires and may have drowned.

Those in charge are blaming each other.the alarms in Lahaina never were sounded,which are used for more than tsunami warning but other matters to warn people.Also the police closed the roads so people couldn't leave,Water was not released soon enough to help fight the fires and the power lines that came down and started the fire were never shut down.

FEMA and then Government isn't really a big help.Biden even compared the fires to his so-called kitchen fire.

Thankfully the people have been helping the homeless by feeding them and taking them in.I have a family of 3 that I've known for over 10 years staying with us.Their house has some damage but should be repaired in a couple of months.

There's more I could say about things,but I don't bring down everyone here.

Hiede

It sounds like it is total incompetence of those in authority. I hate to say it but I saw the same total lack of regard by the authorities, and even the employees and workers, for safety planning, procedures and actual actions while I was in the islands working on projects in the airports, highways, and harbors.. I hope it's a wake up call.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    It sounds like it is total incompetence of those in authority. I hate to say it but I saw the same total lack of regard by the authorities, and even the employees and workers, for safety planning, procedures and actual actions while I was in the islands working on projects in the airports, highways, and harbors.. I hope it's a wake up call.
    Captain Kurt people don't understand how things work here.Most things are run by family or the clan.In other words,If 1 family member gets into a place of power he/she brings in the other family members to keep control..This caused a lot of the problems during the fires.

This is why the incompetence for what you mentioned.

Hiede

Members who have read this thread: 1