RAF Mildenhall WW2

Thread: RAF Mildenhall WW2

1940 era RAF Mildenhall

RAF Mildenhall for FS9, 08/08/23

4th and final in my series of RAF Bomber Command airfields, we go back to 1940, when Bomber Command
    were working out how best to fight the war

Ive completely removed any trace of Lakenheath, it was a satellite airfield for Mildenhall
    from 1941 but it was easier to remove it than retro it, If you have any F15's in your WW2 install,
    you might be in trouble :-) if you want it back, just remove--
    0_EGUL-EX_VTPX.BGL and EGUL_ADE9_ADE.bgl from Mildenhall scenery folder

For Ai,ive gone for the old Alphasim freeware Wellington 1C, which is appropriate for 1940 Mildenhall,
    the model is included, no movement im afraid, just static

Most of the objects, you should already have by now, but just in case---
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.zip.
    and im using some of Shessi's RAF figure's also

Ive also included a zip of custom objects, which i use for this and further airfields, just unzip RAF-EX-OBS,
    and place bgl's into your Addon scenery/scenery folder, and the texture's into Addon scenery/texture, if you have my Waddo/Scampton/Linton
    installed, you should be ok.

Alternative ground poly for GW user's is included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M1.jpg   M2.jpg   M3.jpg  

RAF Mildenhall WW2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: RAF Mildenhall for FS9, 1940 era, see read-me for details

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Mildenhall WW2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Ta muchly Ian,

Good to see earlier war stuff as well. Possibly a pre-war satellite airfield with say MkI Blenheims/Battles/Whitleys et al?

Cheers

Shessi

Just a wonderful WWII RAF airfield1 Thanks Ian.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Great job Ian!

Thanks for all of these Ian, stunning as ever.

A question for you, where do you get your info from, layouts etc? I've got a little project (well, not little, but hey) I'd like to have a crack at, but just can't find any detailed enough information.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Thanks for all of these Ian, stunning as ever.

A question for you, where do you get your info from, layouts etc? I've got a little project (well, not little, but hey) I'd like to have a crack at, but just can't find any detailed enough information.
    What are you after Andy? A lot of info can be found on Airfield Information Exchange

Ttfn

Pete

Pete's tip about AIE is pretty solid, used it myself until i had a problem with my subscription, i also have an extensive library on airfields including a full set of Action Station's and works by Roger Freeman. A good start is google the airfield in question, but open the image's tab, you might get lucky and see a map or site plan. Using the historical imagery function on Google earth has been handy in the past. If you want any info, give us a PM and i see what i have

Pete & Ian, thanks for the pointers, I'd completely forgotten about AIE.

What am I after Pete? Well, I'm currently living over the river from Rochester Castle* and I've got a hankering to add the Short Brothers works to the waterfront, as well as producing a retro Rochester airport when was home to the Stirling. Brick wall time so far.

* I've been researching my family tree for a while now and it appears that the man who used Rochester Castle as a bolthole, bad ol' King John, is my 24th great grandfather. Which sounds mildly impressive until you realise that a) oodles of people will be able to make the same connections and b) it means I am distantly related to Danny Dyer.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Pete & Ian, thanks for the pointers, I'd completely forgotten about AIE.

What am I after Pete? Well, I'm currently living over the river from Rochester Castle* and I've got a hankering to add the Short Brothers works to the waterfront, as well as producing a retro Rochester airport when was home to the Stirling. Brick wall time so far.

* I've been researching my family tree for a while now and it appears that the man who used Rochester Castle as a bolthole, bad ol' King John, is my 24th great grandfather. Which sounds mildly impressive until you realise that a) oodles of people will be able to make the same connections and b) it means I am distantly related to Danny Dyer.
    I saw a good site about the Shorts factory when I was researching Avro Tutor things..

https://shortbrothersaviationpioneer...ter-1943-1947/

And this twitface page could be useful

Short Brothers - Aviation Pioneers - Kent - Facebook https://m.facebook.com/ShortBrothersKent2016/

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete. Hadn't seen the Facebook page, I'll have a dig around. As for the Heritage Site ..... well, if I wanted to model the tunnels I'd be sorted. To be fair, there is a lot on there but the detail concentrates on what is left.

The main Shorts archives are held by the Council, trying to see what I can get from them. If not it is going to be best guess time.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0