Matching names in CFS2

Thread: Matching names in CFS2

Matching names in CFS2

I have learned that several names are supposed to be identical for ship and aircraft entries to work properly in CFS2.

For a ship, the folder name, .MDL name and .DP name should all be identical, and the title= and sim= lines in ship.cfg should be the same string of characters.

For an aircraft, only the .AIR, .MDL and .DP file names and the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg file need to be the same.

Please can one of our more knowledgeable users confirm these details, and advise if there are any that I have missed.

Thanks in advance,
    Ro

It seems that I was wrong about one thing in the above -

For an aircraft, only the .AIR and .DP file names and the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg file need to be the same.

But 142 views and not one reply is very disappointing - not even one comment . . .

Hi Rohan,
    Only just seen this post.

Yes, you've figured it out that only the .air and ac.cfg line (the same in Fs9), and the .dp (in CFS2) has to be the same for an ac to show up and be flyable. You can call your ac mdl what you like!

Personally I tend to name everything the same inluding the mdl, it just means there are no mix ups if you have several of the same ac type but with different separate versions.

And no there is nothing else, except with CFS2 .bgls, which the .dp and mdl names entry all have to be the same, so they are usable and placeable (in MB).

Cheers

Shessi

Many thanks for your input and confirmation. I did know about the matching of .DP names and MB / MDLnames, but was fairly certain that that was correct,

thanks again,
    Ro

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    It seems that I was wrong about one thing in the above -

For an aircraft, only the .AIR and .DP file names and the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg file need to be the same.

But 142 views and not one reply is very disappointing - not even one comment . . .
    Well you asked on August 5 which is a Saturday and the weekend,it's also summer in a lot of places.On weekends in the summer many people go away to enjoy the beaches,the mountains,go see family or just do day trips to get away.

Another thing some people don't know the answer because they aren't involved with some of the workings of CFS2.

Hiede

Members who have read this thread: 1