H-53 Portover

Thread: H-53 Portover

H-53 Portover

I didn't achieve this feat, but someone has. I've not successfully ported anything; least not without problems. But! If one of you can do this, I'd appreciate knowing how!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1nsu4ViM1I NC

Wonder if he is using the current helo flight dynamics or AirLandFS? I have a bunch of FSX/P3D aircraft I thought about adding in to MSFS and found this vid. Sadly one will lose all click spots in the VC and seems several other issues can pop up as the sim updates come in.
    https://youtu.be/EFVRp_vwXj4
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Wonder if he is using the current helo flight dynamics or AirLandFS? I have a bunch of FSX/P3D aircraft I thought about adding in to MSFS and found this vid. Sadly one will lose all click spots in the VC and seems several other issues can pop up as the sim updates come in.
    https://youtu.be/EFVRp_vwXj4
    Unfortunately he doesn't provide any details other than it's a. FSX helo.

An FSX helo, probably without a cockpit, or at least without a single working gauge inside the cockpit.
    Nice for videos and screenshots I guess. Not interested in flying it for more than a second and a half.
    It was a great addon back in FSX. It is a great default aircraft in P3D. It would be a nice addon in MSFS, but only if it would be rebuilt as native, not if it's converted.

I'd love to see a native MSFS Sea Stallion. I'm not big on helicopters, but I'd shell out for that one.

Agreed, I love this flying beast too.
    I never bought it in FSX though, so I discovered it quite late, when it had been added as default aircraft in P3Dv4. I really enjoyed starting it cold&dark, as the starting procedure was a bit complex. It didn't work sometimes, the gauges had some bugs and a few missing sounds, but most of the times it was alright.
    I would gladly pay for an equivalent in MSFS, but only if made by a serious addon maker.

I did a lot of FSX port-overs when MSFS was new...then it was the only way to get something interesting to fly, and some of them did fly well AND the panels worked.
    Then successive updates broke click-spots and VR, we had a work-around and then that got broken. Now it's not worth the effort...

I go back to P3D when I need to fly something not in MSFS, spending a lot of time in P3D in the Milviz Phantom right now.
    It's been imported to MSFS but only really good for screenshots

I would love to have the helo’s I had in FSX, Kaman Seasprite, the Sikorsky Skycrane, and the
    Blackhawk were the ones I miss most
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Personally, I'ld like to see a Sea King. I wonder if Virtavia will try and bring their FSX version over to MSFS (although
    I would prefer a native MSFS offering with 4k textures and all the helo bells and whistles MSFS can offer).

I 'saw' a Chinook in multiplayer yesterday, don't know anything about that...should have made a note of who was flying it...

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Personally, I'ld like to see a Sea King. I wonder if Virtavia will try and bring their FSX version over to MSFS (although
    I would prefer a native MSFS offering with 4k textures and all the helo bells and whistles MSFS can offer).

Oh, I'm definitely with you on that! I've no doubt someone has successfully ported it. Would LOVE to fly that in msfs. I would make it my #1 helo choice! #2 would be a CH-47, and #3 a MH-53. NC

It would be great to also bring the Kamov 32 from Nemeth Designs, a great helo in P3d and with exceptional graphic quality

There is a Chinook in development coming soon for MSFS. Check the official forums, helo section.

Nemeth Designs has also said they want to bring their Ka-32 and other helos to MSFS but they are practically a one person show at this point and said if they even do it it will take a lot of time. We’ll see.

Members who have read this thread: 3